• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Kill Confirms (Combo's)

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Although not many, Peach has a few reliable (and a few somewhat unreliable) kill confirms (aka combo that will kill your opponents). This thread will try to list all of them. Beware that the timing and percentage at which the combo will connect is dependent on your rage, stale moves, your opponent's weight, and their fall speed. Training Mode stuff was tested on Mario on Final Destination.

Dtilt

Dtilt > (second jump >) Fair
Dependent on rage and stale moves. Connects till about 130% on Training Mode.
Dtilt > second jump > Uair
Dependent on rage and stale moves. Connects till about 135% on Training Mode. Starts killing at about 123%.
Dtilt > second jump > UpB
Dependent on rage and stale moves. Connects till about 162% on Training Mode. Starts killing at about 127%.

EDIT: After some testing, it seems the opponent can escape these combos by airdodging at certain percents meaning they're not always guaranteed kill confirms!! More often than not, they can escape it by airdodging. Of course, they are still kill set-ups since you can bait the airdodge and punish them, but Dtilt > UpB etc. is usually not guaranteed and can be avoided.

Dair

(Near Ledge) Dair > second jump > Fair
Starts killing from about 65%. Combo stops working at about 85%. Dependent on rage, stale moves and how close your opponents stands to the ledge.

Uair spike

Note 1: Uair Spike = Uair > land during the first frames of the hit

(With your back close to the ledge) Uair spike > Grab > Bthrow
Doesn't register as a combo in Training Mode, but it is since Uair spike > Ftilt also combos, and Ftilt is one frame slower than grab.
Uair spike > Ftilt
Starts killing at about 170%.
Uair spike > Nair
Strict timing and jump Nair tends to whiff.
Uair spike > sweetspot Utilt
Strict timing, but unless the opponent reacts immediately you will likely hit them with Utilt.

Note2: The Uair Spike is +10 frames on hit so everything that comes out on frame 10 or faster should combo.

Down B

Float (about Dair height or a bit lower) > Float Release > Turnip Throw > Dash Attack.
Works at about every percent. Requires specific timing and spacing.
Jump towards opponent > Throw Turnip > Float > Fair
Works at about every percent, but may send them too far at high percents. If they get sent too far, floating towards them for a bit longer will have Fair hit the opponent. Requires specific timing and spacing.
Turnip Dthrow > Fair
Super easy and it requires no specific timing, although it may sometimes accidentally send your opponent too far behind you dependent on where you hit them with the turnip.
Turnip Dthrow > Float > Footstool > Drop Float > Anything you want
Very hard to pull off especially when compared to a simple Turnip Dthrow > Fair, but you gain more options to kill your opponent with (Fsmash/Usmash).
(On aerial opponents) Turnip Uthrow > Float > Uair OR (if opponent is higher) Turnip Uthrow > Second Jump > Uair
Very dependent on spacing
Turnip Zdrop > Fsmash/Usmash
See this thread

Last edited:

MJN Pilot

Smash Cadet
NNID
SSB-Pilot
3DS FC
4184-4408-1292
Killing with Peach is really hard, so this is pretty nice. It stinks that there isn't a kill set up out of grab. However I honestly never thought about using the turnips for kill setups before. Thanks. :)

SuperScope

Smash Cadet
Not sure if this fits the scope of this topic, but float to ledge trump Bair is a really freaking good kill setup especially with short side blastzones.

marc0polo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NoticeMeKohai
Not sure if this fits the scope of this topic, but float to ledge trump Bair is a really freaking good kill setup especially with short side blastzones.
even standing ledge trump -> bair works, and I think it's safer if they have a hitbox on their recovery

gagelax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GageLax
3DS FC
4699-6577-1898
Not sure if Dthrow combos count, but...

Dthrow -> Usmash kills at 75 ~ 90 (95+ Some characters get sent too high and can jump out of their first airdodge) This is only if your opponent airdodges, you read their DI and are in the right spot to get the Usmash's sweet spot.

At the edge... Dthrow -> Fair (opponent must jump); Dthrow -> wait for the airdodge -> Fair. Kills probably starting at about 80. Depends on rage, weight, DI, and position from ledge.

These combos you must predict what your opponent will do. Generally, you can condition your opponent to take a certain option, for example, letting the opponent get away with airdodges on downthrow, making them think it's safe, and then you can Usmash kill pretty early. If you see your opponent always jumping, let them get away with it a few times; when it matters, fair them. (Immediate SH Fair > Jump; Immediate SH Fair < Airdodge)

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Nair is a pretty good kill option to end combos as long as you get the sweet spot. I think it's better than fair but it depends on what happens.
D tilt-> nair
at down throw I usually kill with a sweet spot bair.
It's fine to criticize because I'm not a peach main, but those are just what I use when I do play her.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Toading at the ledge can guarantee a kill against some characters if they try to recover low with their Up-B's. Ike is by far the easiest to snipe with this method. You can also do this against Shulk, Kirby, Marth, Lucina, & possibly Little Mac. Doing this against Marth/Lucina is very hard (but possible), where as there's a bit more leeway when doing this against Shulk or Kirby.

Also, while this is more of a bait setup, Toading at the ledge will beat out any ledge-get-up attack (including but not limited to ledge drop > aerial attacks). I've scored many kills this way.

Last edited:

topspin1617

Smash Apprentice
NNID
topspin1617
3DS FC
0318-7760-0788
Good information here... I'm not TOTALLY sure if this belongs in this thread, but it seems relevant enough:

The other day I was playing against a Bowser and later a Captain Falcon. Both matchups I consider Peach to have an advantage in, and indeed in every game played, I led until the very end.

Once the opponent was at KO percent, they would simply try to wall me out; for Bowser and Falcon this was mostly using bairs, fairs too for Bowser. I found myself at a total loss for what to do. I found myself being pressured towards the ledge and eventually KOed by either the bair or some other move once I've been cornered. It was INCREDIBLY frustrating; I'm talking playing around 4 games against each of these people, and having all but maybe one play out this way... an early advantage turned into a loss because I couldn't break through the walls. Then you take the fact that Peach is very light and note that these walling moves can easily outright KO me, and I have a major headache to deal with.

What are Peach's best options in this situation? I of course tried turnips, hoping to maybe hit one into a fair, but they're not all that hard to see coming and seemed relatively ineffective against an opponent committed to walling me out. I tried challenging directly with fair, as it has great reach, but I found it often being stuffed by their quicker attacks, even when I try to use it earlier to compensate for the speed. I like >B a lot to either pressure the opponent or to challenge pressure, but I found myself knocked out of it by these attacks almost every time. I eventually started trying anything lol, like jumping towards them and pulling out Toad, but that really didn't help at all.

What are Peach's best ways of dealing with this?

jugeeya

Smash Rookie
Good information here... I'm not TOTALLY sure if this belongs in this thread, but it seems relevant enough:

The other day I was playing against a Bowser and later a Captain Falcon. Both matchups I consider Peach to have an advantage in, and indeed in every game played, I led until the very end.

Once the opponent was at KO percent, they would simply try to wall me out; for Bowser and Falcon this was mostly using bairs, fairs too for Bowser. I found myself at a total loss for what to do. I found myself being pressured towards the ledge and eventually KOed by either the bair or some other move once I've been cornered. It was INCREDIBLY frustrating; I'm talking playing around 4 games against each of these people, and having all but maybe one play out this way... an early advantage turned into a loss because I couldn't break through the walls. Then you take the fact that Peach is very light and note that these walling moves can easily outright KO me, and I have a major headache to deal with.

What are Peach's best options in this situation? I of course tried turnips, hoping to maybe hit one into a fair, but they're not all that hard to see coming and seemed relatively ineffective against an opponent committed to walling me out. I tried challenging directly with fair, as it has great reach, but I found it often being stuffed by their quicker attacks, even when I try to use it earlier to compensate for the speed. I like >B a lot to either pressure the opponent or to challenge pressure, but I found myself knocked out of it by these attacks almost every time. I eventually started trying anything lol, like jumping towards them and pulling out Toad, but that really didn't help at all.

I too have trouble with this... but I feel it's more of a problem with a lack of mixups than Peach's killing power. It seems that your opponents simply caught on to how slow fair comes out (as well as how you're using it-- attempted turnip into fair, SH fairs, retreating floated fairs, etc.) and use their fast aerials instead. So what do you do?

Use her other kill setups! (not in the traditional sense of the term I guess)

Maybe dash into shield their fair/bairs then convert that into a dash attack-- kill. Do some empty full hops/short hops to throw them off (or foxtrotting, Dark.Pch's QFR, etc.) and go in with an up smash-- kill. Maybe if they're at a pretty high percent at ledge you can fish for a grab to a back throw-- kill. Not to mention the other awesome setups stated by others in this thread.

Toad is definitely a good kill move but VERY situational: a beautiful edgeguard or reading tactic only. I wouldn't suggest
it against someone like Bowser, especially not just jumping in their face lol

Peach Bomber... I don't usually use it to kill, it kills very late and is really punishable if used unsafely...

Just because they're at kill percent doesn't mean you have to approach. Maybe go for a more defensive kill setup if they're walling you out. Hope this helps.

topspin1617

Smash Apprentice
NNID
topspin1617
3DS FC
0318-7760-0788
I too have trouble with this... but I feel it's more of a problem with a lack of mixups than Peach's killing power. It seems that your opponents simply caught on to how slow fair comes out (as well as how you're using it-- attempted turnip into fair, SH fairs, retreating floated fairs, etc.) and use their fast aerials instead. So what do you do?

Use her other kill setups! (not in the traditional sense of the term I guess)

Maybe dash into shield their fair/bairs then convert that into a dash attack-- kill. Do some empty full hops/short hops to throw them off (or foxtrotting, Dark.Pch's QFR, etc.) and go in with an up smash-- kill. Maybe if they're at a pretty high percent at ledge you can fish for a grab to a back throw-- kill. Not to mention the other awesome setups stated by others in this thread.

Toad is definitely a good kill move but VERY situational: a beautiful edgeguard or reading tactic only. I wouldn't suggest
it against someone like Bowser, especially not just jumping in their face lol

Peach Bomber... I don't usually use it to kill, it kills very late and is really punishable if used unsafely...

Just because they're at kill percent doesn't mean you have to approach. Maybe go for a more defensive kill setup if they're walling you out. Hope this helps.
I'll have to try and make an effort to go for more mixups there.

The irritating thing about some of those moves is how long they last... for example Falcon fastfalling the bair, bringing the hitbox all the way to the ground... maybe simply going for a shield grab on that is the best option...

As for Toad and Bomber, that may have been a bit of an exaggeration lol. I usually reserve Toad for edgeguards, and Bomber not really to KO, but more as a quick "get off me" move, as well as a good punish tool and combo extender.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

You don't have to challenge them. Walling only works if you walk into their walls. Especially if they're in the lead just let them swing their Bairs. If they want to hit you, they will have to get approach and get closer to you. The safest thing you can do is pluck turnips and aim for their end lag/landings. Pluck turnips when they're in a state where they can't dash and punish your turnip pluck (for example when they're in the air).

If you do want to challenge them, Bairs and Fairs may work and it become a battle of spacing and timing (and sometimes just luck). Shorthop Bair are fast and quite safe. Reverse ground float Bairs are golden, especially if you pull back before you land. Furthermore, jumping back, floating and then Fair towards them will leave you in a bit of lag afterwards (although it can be safe dependent on your spacing), but it outranges a lot, has great reward and jumping back at the beginning avoids many attacks. Alternatively, you can also jump back, float, float towards them and Fair, pull back. It's safer but may whiff against grounded opponents and it also feels slower.

Other than that, you can aim for their landings and punish them with Dash Attack.

But really, not trying to aggressively challenge and punish them is very often the safest option. Falcon's Bair only has 14 12 frames of landing lag. It's much easier to punish a Falcon that becomes impatient when you don't fall for his walls and starts dashing at you.

Last edited:

topspin1617

Smash Apprentice
NNID
topspin1617
3DS FC
0318-7760-0788
You don't have to challenge them. Walling only works if you walk into their walls. Especially if they're in the lead just let them swing their Bairs. If they want to hit you, they will have to get approach and get closer to you. The safest thing you can do is pluck turnips and aim for their end lag/landings. Pluck turnips when they're in a state where they can't dash and punish your turnip pluck (for example when they're in the air).

If you do want to challenge them, Bairs and Fairs may work and it become a battle of spacing and timing (and sometimes just luck). Shorthop Bair are fast and quite safe. Reverse ground float Bairs are golden, especially if you pull back before you land. Furthermore, jumping back, floating and then Fair towards them will leave you in a bit of lag afterwards (although it can be safe dependent on your spacing), but it outranges a lot, has great reward and jumping back at the beginning avoids many attacks. Alternatively, you can also jump back, float, float towards them and Fair, pull back. It's safer but may whiff against grounded opponents and it also feels slower.

Other than that, you can aim for their landings and punish them with Dash Attack.

But really, not trying to aggressively challenge and punish them is very often the safest option. Falcon's Bair only has 14 12 frames of landing lag. It's much easier to punish a Falcon that becomes impatient when you don't fall for his walls and starts dashing at you.
All makes a lot of sense.

I suppose if I'm leading in percent, if this were a tournament the smartest thing WOULD be to play their game, use turnips... they have to approach me eventually. I'm sure I can use turnips more effectively than I was, with practice. I guess my normal mode is flat aggro lol, but I should work on the defensive turnip game too.

Also maybe I'm just a little more impatient on FG than I should be because nothing's really on the line haha.

PeachBooty

Smash Apprentice
Peach is actually one of the best characters at walling people out. Her Bair will beat out most others. Short hop Bair and ground float Bair are golden! Also, turnips all day, with some Peach Bombers mixed in while holding turnips, and then throwing them and going in for a dash grab. At high percents, Back Throw is usually my clutch kill move. While recovering, go low for the edge, empty get-up, shield grab, Back Throw kill. If you get a grab in the center of the stage, Down Throw > Bait air dodge > dash under Charged Up Smash.

topspin1617

Smash Apprentice
NNID
topspin1617
3DS FC
0318-7760-0788
Peach is actually one of the best characters at walling people out. Her Bair will beat out most others. Short hop Bair and ground float Bair are golden! Also, turnips all day, with some Peach Bombers mixed in while holding turnips, and then throwing them and going in for a dash grab. At high percents, Back Throw is usually my clutch kill move. While recovering, go low for the edge, empty get-up, shield grab, Back Throw kill. If you get a grab in the center of the stage, Down Throw > Bait air dodge > dash under Charged Up Smash.
Yeah, her bair is great for walling, even poking shields and KOs too.

Does her bair really beat out most others though? I'd have to try to test it... but does it really outprioritize bairs from Captain Falcon, Bowser? There's a whole host of other characters I'd ask about I guess too lol, but those are the 2 I originally mentioned so I'll stick to them haha.

Your other tips I already practice (well with varying degrees of execution). As far as recovery though... empty get-up to shield only takes one frame to do (i.e. one frame of vulnerability before the shield comes up), is that correct? Because lately I feel like I've been hit more often getting up... I know if you throw out a lingering hitbox you could catch that frame, but even normal attacks, one hit smashes are getting me (definitely not every time, but it feels more common now, idk why). Is it really only one frame, and people are just getting better at timing? I know within a single match opponents will adjust if I'm predictable, but I'm talking across many different opponents, I don't recall getting nailed during an attempted get-up -> shield as often as I have been lately.

I'm definitely aware of the different KO options... I was just having trouble getting them through relentless bair walls haha..

PeachBooty

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, her bair is great for walling, even poking shields and KOs too.

Does her bair really beat out most others though? I'd have to try to test it... but does it really outprioritize bairs from Captain Falcon, Bowser? There's a whole host of other characters I'd ask about I guess too lol, but those are the 2 I originally mentioned so I'll stick to them haha.

Your other tips I already practice (well with varying degrees of execution). As far as recovery though... empty get-up to shield only takes one frame to do (i.e. one frame of vulnerability before the shield comes up), is that correct? Because lately I feel like I've been hit more often getting up... I know if you throw out a lingering hitbox you could catch that frame, but even normal attacks, one hit smashes are getting me (definitely not every time, but it feels more common now, idk why). Is it really only one frame, and people are just getting better at timing? I know within a single match opponents will adjust if I'm predictable, but I'm talking across many different opponents, I don't recall getting nailed during an attempted get-up -> shield as often as I have been lately.

I'm definitely aware of the different KO options... I was just having trouble getting them through relentless bair walls haha..
Peach has always been a character that will win the trading battle. Her Bair comes out insanely fast, so it's all about timing and obviously spacing. I'm not a technical person at all, so I don't know much about frame data, BUTT dat ass 2 strong! Seriously though, Peach's Bair has always had very high priority, and can even beat out fully charged shots from Samus. Again... all about timing.

As far as the ledge get up, shield grab tactic... Idk the frame data, but I will tell you that the only tactic that's beaten me trying to do that is when people start reading me and going for grabs when I get up.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Update: After some testing, it seems the opponent can escape the Dtilt combos by airdodging meaning they're not guaranteed kill confirms!! Of course, they are still kill set-ups since you can bait the airdodge and punish them, but Dtilt > UpB etc. is not guaranteed and can be avoided.

Dtilt > UpB is a combo if you don't have to jump to hit the UpB, or if you do UpB during the very first frames of your jump, but at these percents it won't kill. At higher percents you will have to jump (higher) in order to combo and kill with it, but your opponent can airdodge before UpB hits.

Last edited:

Key313

Smash Cadet
I thought it was just me being a little slow on what comes after d-tilt sometimes. Sad but good to know. On another note it's possible to connect an f-smash (Could not connect with the frying pan.) and a f-air after tossing a turnip up. Really depends on their height. Other aerials work too but since this is for kill confirms I figure those are the two one would go for.

Up smash might be able to connect but I don't think there is enough time to hit that when throwing one up. On the way down is a different story but that is very situational.

Clock Tower Prison

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5215-3120-4820
At the ledge when your opponent is recovering Dtilt into Usmash.
Edit:
For whatever reason I can't recreate it, but I swear when I was playing friendlies it was a thing. Maybe it was just luck.

Last edited:

meticulousboy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gradius_16
3DS FC
1005-8934-0229

Did you try making it seem like you were going to run away from their rush downs and input a reverse Peach Bomber? That is the one good thing with Side B reversals in this game for Peach.

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
I dont know any guaranteed setups

You kind of just have to be on the fly with combos and consistent pressure

meticulousboy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gradius_16
3DS FC
1005-8934-0229
When it comes to shield pressuring, Peach is a master at draining the health of a shield. Opponent shields often? You could grab, but why not use Dair to condition the opponent to play more offensively? These are things to look out for as a Peach player, and capitalize on those things.

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
Dair shield pressure can be risky against players with good OOS options

Especially if they have a damn sword

Top Bottom