• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach in Wii U Impressions

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
So how are y'all adjusting to the differences?

I don't have a gamecube controller adapter, so it was tough getting used to the gamepad, but I found a configuration that works for me.

Huge issue I have is that Aerials with the "c-stick" don't allow you to adjust your trajectory once you've done the move. Completely takes away what I was hoping for with the WiiU version, better spacing with Fair. It can still be used to do retreating fairs in float, but you will keep moving at the same speed until the move is done which is a real drag.

Other than that, now that vectoring is gone people actually die now. Its pretty crazy. I wasn't having problems killing people before, but now its great. Makes me think that if I did have all I wanted out of Peach's Fair it would be kind of unfair...

Also its probably just that the scale is throwing me off, but I kinda feel like she moves a bit faster? Stuff feels smoother at least.

Maester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maester
3DS FC
4468-0971-1384
I got the Smash GC Bundle only because I got it at a discount, so now I have 2 GC controllers (one from my original Gamecube lol), 4 Wiimotes and nun-chucks and obviously the gamepad and I'm having trouble finding the perfect controller scheme to play with as Peach because of her float mechanic. My problem with the GC controller is the trigger shoulder buttons. Anybody have a suggestion? I'm starting to lean back to Wiimote and nunchuck or the Gamepad...

She does seem to feel like she moves faster in the Wii U version.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I'm absolutely loving how peach feels on the wii u. I can space my fairs to make them safish on shield now and since I have the gc controller i'm not afraid to go offstage now and fight.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
You,can change your Cstick to tilts and it should work fine.

Or so I have heard because I dont own the game yet since it gets released two weeks later in Japan for the first time in history even though it doesnt make any sense since the game has been manufactured here. Im not salty at all.

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
I like the way she feels in this game, imo she feels a lot better than she did in brawl. I can't say that for melee tho lol : P but that aside, I think she's fantastic in this version.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I got the Smash GC Bundle only because I got it at a discount, so now I have 2 GC controllers (one from my original Gamecube lol), 4 Wiimotes and nun-chucks and obviously the gamepad and I'm having trouble finding the perfect controller scheme to play with as Peach because of her float mechanic. My problem with the GC controller is the trigger shoulder buttons. Anybody have a suggestion? I'm starting to lean back to Wiimote and nunchuck or the Gamepad...

She does seem to feel like she moves faster in the Wii U version.
You, too, huh? I love Wiimote+Nunchuk. I'm actually fine with the gamepad (would prefer it), but I miss that octagon joystick which is much needed for me.

HierophantGreen

Smash Rookie
NNID
GhostsNeverDie
Peach is so rad in this game. I was initially worried how she would end up with all the turnip stuff removed. But, she feels so solid on a Gamecube Controller. I can actually do things! It's delicious.

Last edited:

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
It was as I was thinking, and Peach actually feels like a complete character now that it's possible to control her better. I still find myself using A for a lot of her aerials, but it'll sink in eventually that I've got the c-stick back. Speaking of, it's so nice to be able to consistently smash attack when I want to now with that. There've been times I dropped an opportunity because I didn't move the 3DS's control stick fast enough to register a smash, and it was so very frustrating.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I've only played a few games so far, but something that I'll need to get used to is being able to charge smashes with the c-stick without having to hold A. It's a nice change but from what I can tell it's pretty sensitive. I wound up charging a smash a few times when I was just trying to do one as quick as possible.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Peach in Wii U is SO much better to utilize than on 3DS. I'm very close to maining her again and seconding PacMan.

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
@ M Meru. Thanks! I'll try switching to Tilts on C-stick for aerials that helps a LOT!

Though having it set to smashes is still valuable for pivot Forward Smash, so I think i'll keep two separate control schemes handy.

Zenpie

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zenpie
Switch FC
SW 2173-5465-7616
Any good advice or things to practice for someone completely new to Peach?

busken

Smash Ace
Any good advice or things to practice for someone completely new to Peach?
I can't post a link due to my insufficient amount of posts, but search @Dark.Pch and you should find an amazing competitive analysis on everything you need to know. :]

busken

Smash Ace
To be honest, I have never played with a Gamecube Controller so I am looking forward to how I can use it along with Peach to maximize her effectiveness. I stumbled upon a video explaining a certin way of holding the controller can let Peach do her aerials in float much easier, which is essential in peach's play style. So my question for you guys is, how do you hold the controller? Are any of you familiar with clawgrip? Do you use a GC controller or are you using the Wii U pro controller? How are you adjusting or already adjusted to playing Smash on the Wii U?

Due to my insufficient amount of posts, I can not put a link here but by going on youtube and searching "claw grip peach" you should see the video.

Last edited:

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Peach is a beast! =D

Dtilt->Fair/Uair/Nair combo's, Dthrow combo's (Dthrow->Fsmash/running Usmash)

Floating aerials in general

Turnips

And way more

This character has a lot of potential imo

Last edited:

Maester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maester
3DS FC
4468-0971-1384
Buy a triwing screwdriver (they're like a buck on ebay/amazon), open up your controller, take out the springs from the triggers.
This is actually a good idea, thank you

On a side note some annoyances I'm having with Peach is that she can't grab the ledge while facing the opposite direction of the ledge when other characters can. I tried with Captain Falcon, UP-B while facing the opposite direction of the ledge, grabs it no prob. I realize this hasn't changed from Brawl and not sure about melee but if youre falling slow as **** and the ledge is right next to you... grab the damn thing. #RantOver

Last edited:

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
@ Maester Maester Just close parasol. You still need to be a little bit above the ledge to grab it since it takes a few frames to close but you should be able to avoid at least a few SD's

Also @ busken busken , I did get a peach amiibo. It's actually really strong and forces me to get creative. It can beat me. That is only because at level 50 their moves do crazy damage and knockback though. Regardless, having an amiibo should force you out of some habits so I'd say its totally worth.

busken

Smash Ace
@ Maester Maester Just close parasol. You still need to be a little bit above the ledge to grab it since it takes a few frames to close but you should be able to avoid at least a few SD's

Also @ busken busken , I did get a peach amiibo. It's actually really strong and forces me to get creative. It can beat me. That is only because at level 50 their moves do crazy damage and knockback though. Regardless, having an amiibo should force you out of some habits so I'd say its totally worth.
Does utilize peach-specific techs like floating, edge guarding, turnip approach etc?

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
@ busken busken It can float and turnip. It took a while till it was used to turnips, and even now its not really consistent with them but it will pull them out from time to time.

My specific one somehow got the habit of standing by the ledge and smashing. Its just a little bit too close, making it unsafe sometimes. Also, because I went a little crazy with trying to get Up B kills when starting to train it, so now it often recovers high. This means that I tend to jump up to edgeguard her high, and that the amiibo will likewise also tend to only edgeguard high since thats the situation its most exposed to. With some more matches I could iron these things out though. A lot of what it does is dependent on what you do, if you want a good amiibo you have to play well in the mid-levels, but it does totally do all those things you mentioned.

I haven't done the 0-death nair turnip lock on it, so I don't know if it would learn something like that. I'd also be curious if it could have used quick turnips, and lag cancels, but those were patched =S

Last edited:

Maester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maester
3DS FC
4468-0971-1384

Did not know this but thank you :)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Peach is absolute monster once again in my hands - it helps that Gamepad offers me an extra Attack-button via shoulder trigger. Such a departure frome 3DS where I had difficulty using her to my best.

I'm still waiting for my GCN-controller adaptor, etc, but Peach handles marvelously.

Last edited:

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
LOVE HER

So verstatile and got some serious buffs that tradoff nicely with her debuffs

Though I miss a few things I am thoroughly enjoying the new tools at my disposal. Particularly the Uair, Dair and Up Special

Top Bottom