• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach has zero to death combos

LukeStormwalker

Smash Rookie
I actually think that this is alright. These combos seem pretty hard to pull off, and their setups don't really seem that reasonable to hit in a match, plus different combos are used for different characters due to things like height and weight. So if a player were to get one of these specific hits in neutral game while their opponent's still at 0, and they have the character knowledge to know which combo to do, and the execution to perfectly do said combo, why shouldn't they be rewarded? Plus, I'm not even sure that this video accounts for DI, which could mean that variations to these combos would be required to work, which means more practicing combos and awareness to pull them off in match. Considering all of these things, I really don't think that these combos are all that unreasonable.

Lions’s Sin of Pride

Smash Rookie
Do you know how hard some of those combos would be to pull off? No too mention but it seems like characters HAVE to be at a 0% in order for this to even work unless you can confirm off a dtilt (which isn’t impossible).

Secondly, I’m pretty sure you can get out of a lot with proper DI. I can see how the mix up can throw a player off but at the same time is works against us because we them have to also anticipate where the enemy is going.

A lot of those combos are very difficult to pull off too. Peach is that character that is lethal in the right hands.

For instance that first combo he does on Ike requires you to do this

Parts marks with a *** are placed that the input will automatically buffer you to grab the turnip

Short Hop (SH) Weak aerial DThrow > C-Stick DTilt*** > SH Weak Aerial FThrow > Fast Fall (FF) Zair*** > SH Weak Aerial FThrow > Z Grab*** > Weak Aerial DThrow > C-Stick DTilt*** > Full Hop (FH) Weak Aerial FThrow > C-Stick FAir to end the combo.

Has to be weak throws too otherwise it’ll push the enemy too far back to continue the combo or if they use proper DI to get out.

That is one complex 0-Death for this game if you think about it.

Lions’s Sin of Pride

Smash Rookie
**COUGHCOUGH LUIGI COUGHCOUGH**

That is pre-patch. Luigi no longer has the ability to do that since his Dair mechanics changed.

Mega Man is another one whose infinite was taken away.

Idk what Nintendo is gonna do about Paisy though. Possibly adjust the knockback of the turn ups, make it so that you can regrab turnip after a certain amount of times, maybe the less stun after getting hit by one (which to me would be the most logical one), or reduce her damage output, etc.

I’ve tried some of the combos are some are particularly difficult to pull off.

1) Some RNG is played as you have to do it with one of the more common turn ups. If it’s a stronger turnip it won’t work because of the knockback of some.

2) all these combos require you to throw a turnip INCREDIBLY low and face to face with the enemy in order for you DTilt and regrab turnip simultaneously.

3) knowledge of character to know which combos combo into who and when they combo.

4) most of her infinite HAS to be initiated in the air. You can’t just set it up off the ground.

To me.... her infinite’s aren’t really practical simply for how they have to be set up at first. We will see though.

Luigi’s and mega man were fairly easy if not super easy to set up. Paisy’s are by no means easy.

washyrose670

Smash Apprentice
That is pre-patch. Luigi no longer has the ability to do that since his Dair mechanics changed.

Mega Man is another one whose infinite was taken away.

Idk what Nintendo is gonna do about Paisy though. Possibly adjust the knockback of the turn ups, make it so that you can regrab turnip after a certain amount of times, maybe the less stun after getting hit by one (which to me would be the most logical one), or reduce her damage output, etc.

I’ve tried some of the combos are some are particularly difficult to pull off.

1) Some RNG is played as you have to do it with one of the more common turn ups. If it’s a stronger turnip it won’t work because of the knockback of some.

2) all these combos require you to throw a turnip INCREDIBLY low and face to face with the enemy in order for you DTilt and regrab turnip simultaneously.

3) knowledge of character to know which combos combo into who and when they combo.

4) most of her infinite HAS to be initiated in the air. You can’t just set it up off the ground.

To me.... her infinite’s aren’t really practical simply for how they have to be set up at first. We will see though.

Luigi’s and mega man were fairly easy if not super easy to set up. Paisy’s are by no means easy.
I was being facetious. Peach and Daisy’s 0-deaths are rarely, if ever, done in tournaments. You basically have to rely on your opponent handing themselves to you on a silver platter. They have to space horribly on your shield and land right in front of you to intiate the combo via weak dthrow turnip. Additionally, as you mentioned, you have to read DI and have knowledge of the knockback for each character you play against. It’s not exploitable by any means and Peach/Daisy uses turnips to snuff out approaches to get in more than flex with a 0-death. Is it practical? No. Is it optimal? Sure. Is it going to break the game?

So many characters have ways of dealing with Peach or Daisy’s neutral. She baits so you have to let her swing first. Projectile characters and sword characters can always deal with their neutral if the Peach/Daisy player doesn’t abuse her mix up options.

Top Bottom