• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach: Fox's nemesis

mookie

Smash Rookie
i was playing my friend the other day in smash and he told me that peach is fox's nemesis...
he started down a smash attacking that thing where she spins around...that crap was so annoying is there a way to get through that battle without getting screwed over completely?
:ohwell:

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
...You mean the downsmash?
Yeah, waveshines. Waveshines are your friend. With Peach's traction, she's relatively easy to waveshine.
...Don't get grabbed. That's generally bad. She'll chain you to oblivion.
Don't think about crouch cancelling. You get about 50 damage from the Dsmash in one hit.
...Yeah.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
waveshine to waveshine to waveshine to grab to upthrow to upair juggle to upsmash

peach is ezpk, kill her off the top. Don't attack her on the ground much, her grab and dsmash are too dangerous. just jump around her until you get a shine, then combo her to oblivion.

Learning to walljump tech her dsmash edge guard is critical as well

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Well.. the peach V fox match up IMO is balanced... but balanced in a way that both characters have huge advantages.. Peach can easily chain grab fox and also dsmash spam the ledge.. for fox what u should do is spam lasers while running away.. it helps but of corse this shouldnt be your entire game right there.. waveshine 2 upsmash or waveshine 2 upair are very useful agasit peach.. mainly becuase of her low tracition she becomes so easily waveshined. One thing that takes alot of practice is learning to shine spike her Up+B.. you can come up w/ a bunch of ways to do it.. E.G. wall jump to shine so that u wont be hit by that disjointed umbrella or other ways >_>.

xzakcorex

Smash Journeyman
As a Peach player, I would say that out of the top four tiered characters (Fox, Falco, Shiek, Marth), I am the least afraid of facing a Fox player... BUT, the matchup is pretty **** even.

No crouch-cancelling, that's pretty much suicide. Peach's Dsmash ("spin attack" as you called it) will pull you in if you are holding down and do massive damage.
Watch out for Float-cancelled Aerials. Fox does not really have any moves to punish a FCing Peach, so when you see a Peach approaching you in the air, be evasive.
The Usmash is a Peach-killer. You can reliably kill a non-DIing Peach at 70% with this move.
Peach has one of the highest traction levels in the game, allowing her to easily be waveshined. Looks flashy too.

lol at whorenado. but good peachs usually dont dsmash unless they know it will hit/have a good chance of hitting with it. but drillshine usmash definately is the way to go. uthrow to uair will not work on a peach that can DI well. she can get out of it. :[ if youre fighting a peach who edge guards with dsmash youre lucky though. its gotta be the easiest thing to tech, thats why its better for peach to wait for you to come over the stage and float cancelled bair you.

also, if you try to shfflc an aerial at her, she can actually just jab you out of it, lol. its really annoying. its what sastopher does to me.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Get really good at following DI with you Uair. It is fairly easy to hit peach with 2 or 3 consecutive Uairs especially if you are playing on a stage with platforms. Stay away from FD otherwise you will be chainthrown to oblivion. Waveshining is probably the biggest advantage fox has over peach learn to do it well.

I think a good fox is one of peaches worst match ups.... Waveshine just owns and fox is so hard to land hits on..

the thing is, its NOT fairly easy to hit a peach 2 or 3 times, its actually hard to hit a peach with good DI once, lol.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Well, how hard is it to DI well? Because I'm still having trouble registering hits fast enough to DI...at all. Ah well.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
A good peach won't spam d-smash. After playing Aaron of the Punch Crew, your biggest concern is getting past those floating aerials. As far as avoiding the D-smash goes, just attack from above.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Hmm, don't want to get Dsmash ye?

Dash Dance camp, SHL spam, full jump Nair when necessary, Hmm

sastopher tells me not to dash dance around him, he made a point. i would get punished for it no matter what i did afterwards, LOL. full jump nair is good, no shffld aerials direct though, just get jabbed then he starts this whole mindgame set up that works a lot, lol.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
yea, i pretty much never sffl on peaches. but silent wolf, i said dash dance camping, not dash dancing around peach :psycho: mew2king tells me dash dance camping (+ some SHL spaming) is useful if you want to get some jc grabs + up throw uair.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
I see that most people use an agressive fox, and that's not a good idea when fighting against a peach. You should take peach with a defensive style of gameplay. When an agressive fox fights a peach it will get a lot of downsmashes.

To take a peach you should keep a good distance. Use laser spamming and trick her into making mistakes and take use of those mistakes using infinite waveshine to upsmash, then running and start laser spamming again. Aim to kill her from the top because its troublesome to take her by the sides.

Tempest0538

Smash Cadet
I see that most people use an agressive fox, and that's not a good idea when fighting against a peach. You should take peach with a defensive style of gameplay. When an agressive fox fights a peach it will get a lot of downsmashes.
So I've experienced. :ohwell:

Aggressive Foxes will also tend to directly attack Peach while she's in the air. This is perhaps the worst way to go about it, since you're likely to be outprioritized, even if you get above her, and then take a follow-up hit as she comes down from her float. In repetition, keep at a distance and use the blaster when she takes to the air.

In addition to her chain-throwing, watch out for her up-throw to down-smash (esp. at low percentages as I've been told that it's inescapable then, given how quickly Fox falls). Also, avoid attacking Peach from a below a platform, as you'll oftentimes be sucked into a down-smash...be especially wary of the platforms on FoD. Anticipate it or draw it out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm pretty inexperienced myself.

Twiggy_Ramirez

Smash Apprentice
quite simply pulsewalk (dash wd backward dash forward) until you find an opening then grab uthrow uair you can get altleast two before she can do anything also dash cc usmash works like a beast;
you can ff the uair while she is dsmashingand then juggle her in the air; alway think upwards when killing peach... most of all do techy momvement tricks until they reflexivly dsmash then abuse the lag and take her tp the air as much as you can but stay below her...

fox<peach but its all in the mind games

Fox McClowd

Smash Cadet
Beware of the spotdodge to Dsmash thats y it's not smart to shffl arials at her.
So the best thing to do is to camp out with shl's and wait till u've got a good chance
to attack her.Don't catch any turnips or u'll take a dash attack directly to the face.
Good peach players mostly use them as a distraction so just avoid them.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Upsmash out of shield is VERY effective against Peach, especially after a blocked dash attack or even some aerials if they are not float canceled to their full potential.

REJ-

Smash Cadet
I guess you could just blaster spam and run the whole match, then u-smash to kill when she's at high damage, depending on what level you're at.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Shine is peachs weakness, just drillshine to a U-smash, and it shold be done, peach dies fast in the U-smash.

JFox

Smash Hero
Why has no one mentioned landing on peach with a uair?(full jump, not SH) this is my favorite thing against peach. easy yet effective.

edit: oh this is an old thread, but since it is in the stickies, i figure there is no harm in adding to it.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I've got a lot of experience with good Peach's. Here's some tips.

1.) Use dash attack VERY sparingly. At low %'s, it will be CC into d-smash.
2.) Spaced b-airs work well against Peach.
3.) Try not to let Peach have a chance to hover over you. You have little options while you're shielding her d-air besides rolling, which a good Peach will see coming.
4.) Up-smash out of shield whenever Peach fails to float-cancel. If you use Peach, you'll know when she's coming down with an L-cancelled move as opposed to a float-cancel move.
5.) Keep your distance. This doesn't mean camp, but never get too close to her unless you're killing her.
6.) Drillkick --> waveshine --> upsmash is your friend.

Idk, this match is based purely on experience. Once you get use to it, you'll be happy you did.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Actually Omni, you forgot about one thing. SHL. SHL camp all you want against gay peaches.
It helps. because than you can aggrivate them and then ambush em!

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
Honestly fox has mad gay **** on peach, hit and run and laser sucks *** I would know >_<
****in makes me wanna start playing falco again.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Yeah, ignore the fact that Fox has nice combos on Peach since a good Peach can abuse an aggressive Fox. You just need to shoot lasers.

Brookman

Smash Hero
* = edited in after the original post.

I think that the fox vs peach match up is actually greatly in peach's favor, vs bad fox players that is. If it's a decently smart and technical fox then the match up is in fox's favor for sure. Fox has so many gay kills vs. peach.

It's true a good peach can smash DI the up air's first hit and never really die from it, what you can do is back air them and hope they DI that poorly (I do that to cort all the time, sometimes I up air though, cause it still has a chance of working) waveshine to up smash, weak nair to up smash, tap a to up smash, upsmash out of your shield (when applicable aka not after she hits with an aerial)

You have to be careful when waveshining peach cause she can smash DI that too and escape the normal, shorter wavedash to shine that you'd normally do, though that doesn't happen too much. Also, if they DO smash DI the shine alot you can just drill to upsmash randomly, cause they'll just be focusing on DIing the shine and it should connect...my brain stopped working.

*You shouldn't really bother trying to get consecutive hits in on peach cause her nair comes out FAST and hits very hard, though you can use that to your advantage and try to coax the peach into nairing then punish as best as you can.

*Up throw to up air vs peach is ridiculously risky if they can smash DI it cause I'm pretty sure they could actually just nair you right after

Why has no one mentioned landing on peach with a uair?(full jump, not SH) this is my favorite thing against peach. easy yet effective.
Doing that is a ridiculously unneccessary risk. Fox's up air has 0 priority in his head and ANYTHING peach does can eat you up if you do that. You her downsmash can even go through your up air. *Being above peach with anything is a bad idea becuase she can just jump and nair you and make your fuzzy body explode.

Yeah, ignore the fact that Fox has nice combos on Peach since a good Peach can abuse an aggressive Fox. You just need to shoot lasers.
*The only time fox should be defensive vs peach is never, or if your fox isn't technically proficient. Fox really has control of this match up in general, you just need to remember that it's actually the other way around: Peach: Fox's bitch, and you need to let the peach player now that that's the way it works.

*Though shooting lasers never hurts one bit, it's a great way to get peach into upsmash kill range, so I actually almost disagree with what I just edited in...hmmm?!

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
lol I totally agree with this thread:laugh:

waveshining,Bairs,and Uairs are your friend in this matchup IMO.I like to play defensively in this matchup.when peach is heading back to the arena with her parasel and you have her in range,hit her from the back for some more damage.another one can be wave shine her off the arena and edgehog.

Brookman

Smash Hero
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Tell me who it is that lets you shine them off and then just edge hog for a kill. I'll make sure to money match that person for one million dollars.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Laser, run, dash in and out of range, wait for her to sidestep, don't dash attack alot, up-smash out of shield dash attacks and non-float cancelled aerials, drillkick to grab, d-tilt under shields for a quick up-air kill.

There's so many ways to approach Peach; it's just scary. The better Fox's don't lose their head after taking loads of damage from a d-smash or being chaingrabbed. Keep your cool.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Here is a truism throughout Smash: Peach doesn't die unless you kill her.

It's so true.

Anyway, I find that laser camping is mainly useful for bringing her to me, then I get her away with my Wall of Bairs. WoB= Full-jump Bair, l-cancel into Shine, JC into full-jump Bair, rinse and repeat. I've found that it works incredibly well at low percentages as she's able to get hit multiple times with the Bair.

Up-smash out of shield is your friend. Or even just JCed up-smashes in general.

FD is not your friend. Ban it if doing so is allowed by the ruleset of the tourney you're at. Peach will murder Fox badly through chain-grabbing and there will be nothing you can do.

Yoshi's Story is very much your friend as you can kill her at ridiculously low percentages there.

After killing a Peach player on Yoshi's story by one 0-Death combo: Peach Player, "That, my friend, is Yoshi's Story." XD

Basically, keep your distance, don't let her get ANY float-cancelled aerials off on you, switch between offensive and defensive often depending on the situation, keep your cool andyou will stand a very strong chance of winning.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
i think that doll would just destroy you all.

and he would laugh as he dsmashes / lawnmowers / spams you to death....i dont think anyone who has posted here can beat him.

how do am i so sure? he counter picks jungle japes. LOL GG.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Doesn't Jungle Japes have a really low ceiling?

And are you referring to any specific person? I've beaten almost every peach I've played.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
if the peach is a dsmash h0r3zz than waveshine that girl and then do shffl'd uairs.

waveshine>usmash is also useful.
learn to tech her stupid edgeguarding dsmash. dont fall for her auto-float cancelling. i would reflect a little of her turnips but not alot of them. dont let the shine lag give her the advantage.
waveshine her!
grab her! try to avoid getting dsmashed tho. and also dont always anticipate her to dsmash, even if she spams it make sure u arnt setting urself up for a shieldgrab or fsmash or anything

Top Bottom