• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Dojo Training Regiment

InfinityZERO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CeroCulpa
3DS FC
0447-5489-0482
Hey you all, I was wondering if what to practice in training mode before playing against *anyone.* Since Peach is one of the most tech heavy people in the game, I thought this should be put somewhere. I also saw this in a Diddy topic. One of the posts was literally a training mode exercise regiment. For example, as a warm up do 30 dash dances and several other techs before you do anything else. I know I asked Dark Peach about this on his stream. But what should you be practicing before you go out there?

I am just starting to retrain with her, but here is what I do. I'd like if other people could add on. Please be very specific.

Fly back and forth under FD for 5 minutes (to get comfortable with the umbrella).
Throw vegetables at different strengths up and catch them with an air dodge for another 5 minutes.
Short hop Fair 30 times in a row without landing lag.
Dash dance at least 5 times in a row.
Throw vegetables at people and catch the rebounding vegetables for another 5 minutes.
Nair after a quick low float. I make sure this comes out instead of Dair.

skazai

Smash Rookie
Flying back and forth with the parasol for 5 min seems a bit unnecessary, if you really want to get better with it, practice ledge cancelling your landings & getting familiar with the distances if will snap to ledge from.
Shorthop airdodge into float 10 times in a row. This is more useful than shorthop fair, which you really don't need to do 30 times in a row.
Practice dair combos. Floating dair into uair spike into grab at low percents, and floating dair into fair. Figure out what percents you need to jump after the dair.
Foxtrotting is decent with Peach, but if you want to get good at movement practice QFR (Dashing into a ground float back into a dash. Dark.Pch has a good tutorial about this on youtube) and JCFF (Jump, then cancel your jump with a fastfall. This is a hard tech that will require a lot of practice)
RAR bairs are a good spacing tool. Especially if you can do it while holding a turnip (z-drop the turnip after turning around, then recatch it with the bair). Learn where to fastfall after the bair to hit the start of the autocancel window. Once you get this down, do it atleast 10 times uninterrupted every training session.
That should be enough to keep you busy for awhile.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
to ease Nair after a quick float, you may prefer to Nairdrop and learn its timings instead
For what concerns the rest, as of now I can't think of something that hasn't already been said

InfinityZERO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CeroCulpa
3DS FC
0447-5489-0482
That's pretty helpful, thanks skazai and Mezzome. Can I have some clarification on a couple points?
The Uair spike after the Dair. I don't know what to do there to make the beginning part of Uair to come out. The Dair ending kick hits the opponent away.
And for the JCFF, its not jumping and then at the apex hitting down?
Ledge cancelling the landings?
RAR Bairs, are they turning around before you jump and doing a Bair. Like what many Bayos, Foxes, Falcos, and ZSSes do?

I think I've been practicing Nairdrops, I didn't know the term. Is that when you tap Down and Jump, let go quickly, and do a Nair close to the ground?

For the parasol FD I was doing that because sometimes I'll lose a stock because I pressed the parasol the wrong way and she can't ledge grab when facing the wrong way.

Royal_Tea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Royal_MC7
For the parasol FD I was doing that because sometimes I'll lose a stock because I pressed the parasol the wrong way and she can't ledge grab when facing the wrong way.
Peach can grab the ledge even if she is facing the wrong way. You have to lower her parasol for her to grab the ledge if she is not facing it. I personally focus on combos, setups, and recovery options onstage.

You should try to practice floating at different heights against different characters to dair them for easy followups life fair, bair, or another dair. You should try practicing edge guard setups against certain characters-using toad on characters who attack to recovery, turnip walls for characters with bad recoveries, z dropping turnips to a ledge trump, etc. Learning recovery options is an aspect peach excels at with numerous options to get back on stage from grabbing the ledge.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
And for the JCFF, its not jumping and then at the apex hitting down?
It doesn't need to be at the apex, as long as you imput a fastfall and right after release the jump button
RAR Bairs, are they turning around before you jump and doing a Bair. Like what many Bayos, Foxes, Falcos, and ZSSes do?
Most of the time people tend to dash toward the enemy before that, but yes, that's what it is
I think I've been practicing Nairdrops, I didn't know the term. Is that when you tap Down and Jump, let go quickly, and do a Nair close to the ground?
It isn't, 1. because you need no timing at all, 2. you don't need any kind of spacing relative to the ground or your opponent 3. you don't press those buttons in that sequence; the base concept is simply hitting the C-stick while you are holding down on the Control stick.

skazai

Smash Rookie
Floating dair leads into an upair spike, out of which you want to do a grab or ground float nair (But the timing is strict for the nair to be guaranteed). Since the patch, upair spike will only work on tall grounded opponents, and I think it's harder to hit on them so if you're going to use it in neutral it's really only worth it if your opponent is in the air. Shorthop dair can also lead into an upair spike, and I think can extend the range it'll work at if you can jcff the upair after the dair at the right height, but it's much harder to do.

Top Bottom