• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach/Daisy Introduction Guide Updated 3/27/19

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hello everyone. It's been quite some time since I been around here. Some of you guys might know me already. Others might be new to the series. Short intro: I'm a competitive smash players and been at it since 2006 maining Peach. I'm a Peach mentor dishing out tips, tricks and tutorials to help the Peach squad step their game up in the community. Now with the next season of smash here, it's time for me to get back to work exploring Peach, and now Daisy to help you guys step your game up and rekt with them woman of your choice.

I got have had the game since thursday (living in NYC is the best sometimes to get stuff early) And I have mostly spent many long hours in training mode to see how these characters feel and work. I'm gonna try to cover as much as I can. From beginner stuff to the advance stuff. These thread will be updated by me quite often as new things are mention/found. If anyone had found anything now stated here and has proof of said thing please let me know. the more we know and share, the better and faster we rekt stuff. To begin I'm gonna state the changes from Smash 4 to 5. If you have never played smash 4, or ever used her in smash 4, don't worry about this section too much. This will not hinder you to be good with the character(s)

Changes From Smash 4 to Smash 5

- Peach counter does not lift her up anymore. This was a good way to boost your horizontal distance when recovering or stalling for a bit. Though it feels like it cancel her momentum a bit. This might be a way to help you live longer but I have yet to try this out. I'll update this section then I get the chance. Her counter does 25% if a critical hit (All spores will hit for max damage) Still good for edguarding still against offensive Up-B. Though when going off stage with it, its not as safe since you don't get a height boost anymore. So you have to be careful. But you can still make it back to the stage if you save your jump and float

- Peach Float is Faster. Se can quickly weave in and out. It's a nice buff and makes baiting stuff via float better. As well as recovering to the stage.

- Dtilt is alot safer on shield do to It's low cooldown time. It's a solid pressure/poking tool. Easier to follow up after you hit with it.

- Side B is alot Faster. And the distance covers about 45% of Final destination. As Peach is about to hit the ground, the hitbox is gone. So you need to be careful. It may seem like you will hit with it but you won't and it can leave you open. Do not try to hit the opponent with the max traveling distance.

- Bair has less cooldown time. So safer on shield and can now be used as a solid pressure option via ground float.

- Uair has less landing lag

- The Range of Dair is a bit nerf.

- Fair has 2 hit boxes on it. It you hit with the tip of the attack, it will do 18%. If you hit with her arm, it will do 16%

- You can pick which Fsmash to use by holding a certain direction. Up= Pan. Down= tennis racket.

- UpB has less knock back so won't kill as early as it did before. (New)

- Turnip pulling has less cooldown time as well as tossing them.

- Turnips bounce off the ground

- Turnips have more knockback making it easier to combo off of. (New)

- Peach reaches her max short/hop hop range a bit faster. So this can make it hard to get the exact height you want to float at. This is mostly due to the engine of the game.

- Peach does not spin around when she does her wink taunt

- Peach looks like she has less make up on.

Peach and Daisy Differences

- Daisy Counter has more horizontal knockback.

Playstyle

These girls are challenging at an advance level. This don't really have alot of moves that are fast and with range. And can leave you open if you toss them out at the wrong time. Being in the air alot is also asking to be left open or committed to your landing by fast characters. Or asked to be sniped out of the air by zoners. The moveset does not really allow you to go in as you please and land blows. Most characters in this game have attacks that either out range you or are faster. Some cases both. These Girls really require alot of patience and a strong understanding of the neutral game if you seriously wanna strive to get heights. I feel its more important in this game than it was in smash 4 due to the mechanics of the game now and what alot of the cast can do. Due to how airdodging works in this game, You can have a hard time landing against a GOOD opponent that is good at stage control and covering your landing. And for the Players from smash 4, trying to land with dair is more risky now than before. You can take a good chunk of damaging trying to get back on stage. Or just straight lose the stock. You need Alot of patience to be solid with these 2. If you don't have any, you are gonna have a hard time and can/will get frustrated playing them when matches don't go your way. I can't stress enough how important this is. These 2 are not for you if you don't have these traits and better of playing them just for fun.

Your main goal is to get close to the enemy and straight up stay there. Weither you are pressuring them or get a hit. If you hit them, chase them and cover landings with Uair or ground float uairs. If they air dodge, it a free punish. Due to how the game engine is, These girls are really good at covering landings and edguadring. Panic airdodges get punished HARD now unlike smash 4. The movement for these 2 are good. They have a good dash dance (just like everyone else due to how the game is now.) You need to utilize your movement hardcore to bait reactions and then take control. This is how you are many gonna get close to someone to land a hit or pressure. You can't just run in with these 2. They are very good at baiting stuff out from the enemy and pressure. Peach had a tech in smash 4 called "QFR" It still works in this game and when used along with the dash dancing, it can make it really hard to see what you are gonna do. If you are dealing with good zoners (Like the belmonts), you are gonna have to abuse the parry system along with turnips. They help you get in, rack up damage at a safe distance and force shields to pressure/grab. Abusing the movement while having a turnip in hand really makes your opponent be cautious on how they approach you. And you can use your air moves while holding a turnip via ground float. If a turnip hits the enemy, make sure to regrab it. This helps keep control and gives you another means or attack from a distance. To me it somewhat felt like I was playing melee peach in terms of the way I would pressure and move.

Up close, they have alot of good pressure tools, such as dair, bair, nair, dtilt, side b, turnip z drops. You can mix and match how you want to pressure the opponent based on how they try to get away from you or counter attack you. Crack defense, get the hit, rack up damage (amazing low percent combos/traps). Chase and making it hard to land on stage of get back to the stage.

Overall, to really excel with these girls, you need to think outside the box and be creative. They have alot of ways to mixup/bait/pressure. Pay attention to how the enemy tries to hit you or pressure you. Then take your time to figure out when is the best time to move and/or counter attack. Don't be in one spot for too long. You have to keep on the move when possible (and by this I don't meaning rolling over and over when you to an attack and it fails, or not sure how to approach). They are mostly mixup characters so you need to abuse that and not be a one trick pony. If you have these traits and like a challenge, you will really have a fun time using Peach and Daisy.

Tricks and Tips

- If you hit the opponent with a turnip and you are close, you can catch it with dtilt if you are not close enough to grab it with a jab or a jump in place to a Z grab.

- At a certain height, characters will not sweetspot the ledge when they upb. If you bait/force a recovery at this height, you can get free counter on some offensive recoverys. Dsmash also works well for this.

- Toss turnips down on opponents as they are recoverying low can lead to a stock often cause if the air dodge, they will likely not be able to recover due to the heavy lag on air dodges now. If it does hit them it just might be the stock due to the knock back of turnips or stage spike.

Combos:

Advance Techs:

Match ups:
Frame Data:

123.png

333.png

Untitled11.png

You can keep updated with what new content is added to this post on the second post below. And if you have anything within these categories feel free to post them and I'll update them here. If you want to keep in touch with me or have questions, you catch do so on my twitter and my twitch. I stream smash 5 alot and play mostly Peach/Daisy. I also have a youtube channel when I will be starting Peach/Daisy tutorials with what they can do and how to play them. Now lets get to work with these girls and tear it up!

twitter: https://twitter.com/Dark_Pch
Twitch: Twitch.tv/DarkPch
Youtube: Dark.Pch

Last edited:

Aeun

Smash Rookie
Thanks, some good info to take in this. :)
Do you know if turnip free pull from Brawl is back ?

Alpha Princess

Smash Rookie
I wonder what cool matches everyone can showcase I'm actually very intrigued. lol As a side note I'm loving Peach's new turnip buffs. lol

Swate

Smash Rookie
There's an awesome change I haven't seen mentioned in this thread: Peach can now freely choose which weapon she uses in her F-smash instead of cycling through the three.

When you do a normal F-smash and you haven't moved your analog away from sideways, you should notice you'll always have the golf club out. Now, start charging F-smash and then change your analog direction (need to *hold* the direction, just tapping doesn't work). Holding Up gives you the frying pan and Down gives you the tennis racquet. Anything else (including neutral and backwards) gives you the golf club.

This is a ridiculously good buff for Peach and probably my favourite new change.

-----

Also, here's a colourful version that's concise and pretty to look at:

Peach now chooses her weapon when using her Forward smash! No more cycling.
To do this, start the attack and then hold a certain direction depending on what weapon you want...

Default: _________Golf Club
Hold Up:
_______Frying Pan
Hold Down: Tennis Racquet

Last edited:

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Followups
I played in a tourney yesterday, and these seemed to work most every time, though perhaps nobody knows how to DI them, and i didn't play against every character. I also dont own a switch so i cant confirm.

D-throw to U-tilt - Very low percent only. Can lead to follow up U-air potentially
D-throw to Bair - Works at low to medium percentages
D-throw to U-air - Works mainly at high percentages

Dair to double-jump Fair/Bair - Low percents
Dair to Peach/Daisy Bomber - Low percents

Questions
Is the percentage of Stiches and Dot eyes higher now? I seemed to pull an awful lot.
Is nair is awful now as i think? It seems like bair is just far better?
What aerials (if any) are safe on shield? How do you safely attack someone in shield?

Last edited:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Is the percentage of Stiches and Dot eyes higher now? I seemed to pull an awful lot.
What aerials (if any) are safe on shield? How do you safely attack someone in shield?
- I am not sure what the ratio is for stitch faces. But I have experienced more lucky pulls then previous games.
- Based on the frame date someone worked on for the girls, It's one frame slower. The range is about the same. Bair is buffed in this game
-Short hop dair, spaced grounded nair/bair. You safely attack a shield by spacing your attacks on it. You attack at max range on the shield. It's best to know where the hitbox or your attack are and how far you can reach.

Taldarin

Smash Cadet
Followups
I played in a tourney yesterday, and these seemed to work most every time, though perhaps nobody knows how to DI them, and i didn't play against every character. I also dont own a switch so i cant confirm.

D-throw to U-tilt - Very low percent only. Can lead to follow up U-air potentially
D-throw to Bair - Works at low to medium percentages
D-throw to U-air - Works mainly at high percentages

Dair to double-jump Fair/Bair - Low percents
Dair to Peach/Daisy Bomber - Low percents

Questions
D-throw f-tilt seems to work a lot as well on slightly higher percentages

I have gotten more stitches for sure, though it's hard for me to judge because sometimes I get placed in matches that have items on low or something. I think the pull rate may be higher if items are on. I still like nair but bair does seem to be better in general

Az'l

Smash Rookie
The last I played Peach was in Melee. Sounds like Ultimate made her much more technical than what I am used to lol will be interesting to relearn the character for this game. Time to shake off the rust!

Last edited:

Swate

Smash Rookie
The last I played Peach was in Melee. Sounds like Ultimate made her much more technical than what I am used to lol will be interesting to relearn the character for this game. Time to shake off the rust!
Yeah! Bring back that old turnip-pulling spirit. :)

I had never bothered with Peach before until Armada inspired me with his Melee play. I tried her in Melee (which I'm not good at) and then tried her in Smash 4 and I absolutely loved her once I had the float basics down. Best inspiration ever!

Good luck if you decide to pursue her in Ultimate!

Az'l

Smash Rookie
Yeah! Bring back that old turnip-pulling spirit. :)

I had never bothered with Peach before until Armada inspired me with his Melee play. I tried her in Melee (which I'm not good at) and then tried her in Smash 4 and I absolutely loved her once I had the float basics down. Best inspiration ever!

Good luck if you decide to pursue her in Ultimate!
I've been messing with her in training. Having a hard time getting the SHFFLing down. I noticed they took away L-Canceling and WDing, so at least I won't have to worry about those techs, but I'm currently using the switch pad and omg the buttons are so darn sensitive haha even with lightly tapping the jump button it does a full jump instead of a hop. Unless I'm not doing it right. XD

Good luck indeed!

claystate

Smash Rookie
Az'l Az'l im also coming from melee! what i learned so far that might be helpful from a melee perspective:

- if you learned how to fc aerials in melee, you can do inputs similar to that here. you don't get the fc, but the cooldowns are reasonably low so it's koo
- smash ult has a buffering system for easier sh aerials - if you hold jump and A or jump and cstick at the same time, they come out automatically
- apparently a lot of peach players map their jump button to a trigger button to help with controlling float movement - you could give that a shot

hope that helps :^)

Last edited:

Az'l

Smash Rookie
Az'l Az'l im also coming from melee! what i learned so far that might be helpful from a melee perspective:

- if you learned how to fc aerials in melee, you can do inputs similar to that here. you don't get the fc, but the cooldowns are reasonably low so it's koo
- smash ult has a buffering system for easier sh aerials - if you hold jump and A or jump and cstick at the same time, they come out automatically
- apparently a lot of peach players map their jump button to a trigger button to help with controlling float movement - you could give that a shot

hope that helps :^)
Thanks!!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Im currently working on a competitive Peach/Daisy guide video. This will take a few days. But while that is being worked on, I will try to release a combo, pressure video by the end of the day to fill the combo slot.

Last edited:

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Warning: this post is all over the place.

Well, you covered way more than the stuff I've been practicing with that video haha. I tried the footstool float shenanigans for a bit, but I dont quiet understand how footstool works I suppose? (coming from melee) What are the inputs to footstool -> instafloat? Do all my jumps need to be used already or something?

Also, what exactly do you go for when aiming to kill? Any good setups/mixups? Edgeguarding techniques? I feel like you're gonna make 100 videos on this stuff eventually =p

Turnips seem to bounce off people way lower, which seems bad for consistency of catching but good for fast combos. I've been getting low aerial foward throw -> jump regrab -> down aerial throw -> falling bair. I'm sure there's some good stuff out there, especially off stage.

The buffer is also messing up my instafloat upairs after dtilt for some reason =9
Just wondering if you experience anything similar.

Last edited:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
- You jump to get above opponent, you jump again to footstool. When this happens, just hold jump and press down to float. You can burn all your jumps and still footstool someone.

- I kill with Fair, dash attack and nair. I use nair to keep when I am ledgeguarding and covering get up options. Dash attack and Fair I uually keep fresh snice they are my main move to end a stock. Turnip/Mr. Saturn to dash attack at high % can kill. Edgeguarding depends on who you are fighting, can't edgeguard everyone the same way. I rack up damage with nair, Dair Dtilt and turnips. Then when it time, finish them off with fair/dash attack. Dtilt is a kill confirm at high % with Fair and bair. (use bair after dtilt if your back i toward the ledge, just get to the other s)ide of them and jump to bair if you can.

- Never had a problem with the buffering. But this video I made can help with your issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwWP5t2Wii4&t

Necky

Smash Rookie
I have a question about Daisy/Peach and I thought here was the best place to ask. I am considering picking up either one to be my main, however, when im floating and decide to use Dair with my C-stick the float just ends, i do the move and fall down. Sometimes this happens with bair and fair too. Doesnt change if i have the c-stick on tilts or smash, it still happens. Any ideas what to do or any tips how not for that to happen?

Necky

Smash Rookie
You need to still be holding the jump button while doing the moves or you will stop floating
I figured out the issue, its when i hold UP on the the control stick to maintain the float, if i do down on the C-stick during that time the float stops, not if i use X/Y to float, however using those makes it difficult to use the c-stick cause of the same hand

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I figured out the issue, its when i hold UP on the the control stick to maintain the float, if i do down on the C-stick during that time the float stops, not if i use X/Y to float, however using those makes it difficult to use the c-stick cause of the same hand
Try making a trigger button float then as you dont need R and L to block lol.

claystate

Smash Rookie
you could also learn to claw which is what i'm doing (thumb on cstick, index/middle/ring fingers on buttons, map a spare jump button to grab)

Last edited:

claystate

Smash Rookie
mmm i wouldn't call it 'obsolete' lol. having multiple fingers on the face buttons makes actions more responsive than having to move my thumb for every button imo

(in all honesty the real reason i'm learning claw is to avoid losing melee muscle memory :D)

Last edited:

clandest1ne

Smash Rookie
Jump on right trigger is definitely an intuitive and very useful way to play peach, for multiple reasons. It gives you -alot- more control. Cant stress it enough, there is no reason to force your thumb to do everything when you dont need to. It really does make a huge difference with peach.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Yeah, right trigger jump is how I learned competitive smash to begin with, and I can never go back. It is SUPER useful; not only for Peach, but for pretty much every character in the game. I personally use that with attack on c-stick, and almost never use the face buttons unless I'm throwing an item, using a nair, or using a smash attack, and it works well.

maddhater

Smash Rookie
Dark.Pch Dark.Pch - I've been struggling getting down the basics of the Uair to be able to chain combos (I blame it on getting old :-P)

Any chance we can get a tutorial with a cam on the controller or another way of communicating it?

Thanks!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dark.Pch Dark.Pch - I've been struggling getting down the basics of the Uair to be able to chain combos (I blame it on getting old :-P)

Any chance we can get a tutorial with a cam on the controller or another way of communicating it?

Thanks!
with my crap laptop that might be hard to do atm. But I did make a tutorial on how to build the muscle memory on getting stuff like that down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMBnw83OoHU&t

Top Bottom