• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach+Daisy in Smash Bros. Ultimate- How good will they be?

SSB Nate

Smash Rookie
As a Smash 4 Peach main, I really want Peach (or Daisy) to be top or even mid tier. I just want them to be solid characters, and I want to place well in tournaments with them. I want to know how you guys will feel about Peach/Daisy's tech skill and movement and all of that good stuff in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
If Edge guarding really is as good as they say it is, they have get a decent bump up from Smash4. What makes peach better in Brawl and especially Melee is the ability to edgeguard so well because of that float.

Last edited:

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
From what I can tell so far its hard to say

Parries are nice and hopefully she gets decent priority on at least some of her moves to support her aggressive side

We really need a full demo with her included.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
They weren't in the demo, and we haven't really seen any substantial gameplay of them yet, but I think they'll be pretty good.

Peach is rather fast frame-data-wise, but I think her ground/air speed kept her down, she's one of the slowest characters in Smash 4. So if she's faster, even if it's just in the air, I think she honestly has the potential to be top-tier.

Daisy is a mixed bag. The Daisy thread hasn't found anything different about her from Peach (besides some animation tweaks), so my best guess is that she'll be a Dark Pit case. One or two spots away from Peach on the tier list at the very most, based on one or two moves that send at a different angle or do more/less damage. Daisy has the Float, so there's not really a gimmick they can get rid of (like they did with Lucina and her no-tipper sword).

Last edited:

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
My curiosity lies in the subject of Peach/Daisy's Final Smash. Sakurai stated that Final Smashes are going to be streamlined to increase the flow of battles. In that case, they're either going to put Peach Blossom through a Darwinian process of remodification or replace it entirely. My preferred replacement option is Empress Peach from Mario Strikers, but different strokes.

As for Daisy, Echo Fighters aren't guaranteed to follow every facet of the base character's design so it could be anyone's guess.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Peach is rather fast frame-data-wise, but I think her ground/air speed kept her down, she's one of the slowest characters in Smash 4. So if she's faster, even if it's just in the air, I think she honestly has the potential to be top-tier.
I heard that every single character's jump animation (jump squat) has been reduced to 3 frames, across the board. (takes only 3 frames after the jump input before they're airborne. ) That would be a buff for Peach as her jump squat animation used to be 5 frames in Smash 4, which ranks "average." in Smash4.

Almand

Smash Journeyman
I heard that every single character's jump animation (jump squat) has been reduced to 3 frames, across the board. (takes only 3 frames after the jump input before they're airborne. ) That would be a buff for Peach as her jump squat animation used to be 5 frames in Smash 4, which ranks "average." in Smash4.
The jumpsquat change buffs everyone (The lowest jumpsquat in Smash 4 was 4 frames). It especially buffs characters like Bowser and Snake, who used to have 8 and 9 frames of jumpsquat respectively.

I was referring more to air and ground speed, though. Peach had high air speed in Melee, but in Brawl and Smash 4, she was very slow. On the ground, too, she's slower than Ness, Falco, Ike, Corrin, Wario, etc. And that's kinda what keeps her a tiny bit behind, since she can't as easily get punishes as, say, Shiek or Sonic. If she was faster, she'd probably be a lot higher on the tier list.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Sorry to post again so soon. But the question of how good they will be can be interpreted in different ways.

majority of people are going to focus on knock-back how strong her moves are and of course her Landing lag on her Aerials which are in fact extremely important on deciding on how good of a character she will be.

but those things are just the tip of the iceberg when it came to the things she could do in the other smash games besides Smash Brothers for Wii U. AKA her Advanced Techniques. Soccer I see these things as glitches and patches them out and these Advanced Techniques don't even break the game in any way or make her busted unless they're like an infinite

But if she could just have some Advanced Techniques and actually keep them without getting freaking patched out it will be helpful to her she has so many past Advanced Techniques that he could give her and add depth to her

L.I.F.T
Bone Walking
Float Canceled Double Hit Aerials
Free Pulling
Float fast fall dashing (brawl version > smash 4)

And I feel like I'm missing a few but having these extra things do help her in the competitive aspect and make both daisy and peach more fun to learn as long as you don't have to worry about Sakurai removing these techniques.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
The jumpsquat change buffs everyone (The lowest jumpsquat in Smash 4 was 4 frames). It especially buffs characters like Bowser and Snake, who used to have 8 and 9 frames of jumpsquat respectively.

I was referring more to air and ground speed, though. Peach had high air speed in Melee, but in Brawl and Smash 4, she was very slow. On the ground, too, she's slower than Ness, Falco, Ike, Corrin, Wario, etc. And that's kinda what keeps her a tiny bit behind, since she can't as easily get punishes as, say, Shiek or Sonic. If she was faster, she'd probably be a lot higher on the tier list.
It doesn't buff everyone. A lot of characters already had a 3 frame one in Smash4. A lot of those characters were characters Peach has a hard time with. Someone like Bowser or Snake isn't going to outrun her, so I think she stands to gain a lot more than she stands to lose relative to her major weaknesses. Furthermore, it helps Peach get ground-float aerials off quicker, so it does help her become overall faster more relatively than the other characters who got buffed from 5 frames to 3 frames.

Agree that air speed is far more important, I just brought it up since it's something that will help a little in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:

Almand

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't buff everyone. A lot of characters already had a 3 frame one in Smash4. A lot of those characters were characters Peach has a hard time with. Someone like Bowser or Snake isn't going to outrun her, so I think she stands to gain a lot more than she stands to lose relative to her major weaknesses. Furthermore, it helps Peach get ground-float aerials off quicker, so it does help her become overall faster more relatively than the other characters who got buffed from 5 frames to 3 frames.

Agree that air speed is far more important, I just brought it up since it's something that will help a little in the grand scheme of things.
Fastest jumpsquat in Smash 4 was 4 frames. 64 and Melee were the only games with 3 frame jumpsquats.

Other than that, all good points.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Yeah, as a character that relies on jump a lot because of float, the jumpsquat change is huge. Her movement has been one if her greatest strengths, thanks to float. Despite having poor mobility float enabled her to avoid around her opponents' hitboxes, on top of it being a great repositioning tool. Having quicker access to float is fantastic.

In addition all of her main attacks are aerials. She has basically become two frames faster when doing instant shorthop, fullhop or float aerials, which is quite significant, as she makes use of her aerials waaaay more than almost any other character.

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
With the many buffs Paisy received as far reducing lag on her moves, many of her moves killing earlier, and now being able to control which weapon to use during sideB, I say Paisy is going to be very strong in the right hands....A tier even.

Top Bottom