• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide Peach can Gungnir Combo

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
MezzoMe submitted a new guide:

Peach can Gungnir Combo - Peach can mimic Ganondorf's strongest combo

When seeing Dark Pch.'s guide about combos I started thinking "why Nairlocking, DTilt is a better combo tool", since, as you can see in the video, you can't ground tech when lying on the ground. I eventually explored this up and this is what I came up with
Read more about this guide...

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Ok so this needs more experimenting to see how hard it is to react to the opponent's DI, but as it's looking now, this is really broken. Dtilt can be looped till super long percent, especially when stale so you're sure to loop till at least 60 procent and you can finish of with a Fair or something, provided you don't mess up. I wouldn't be too surprised if some 0 deaths would be found ending with soft hit Nair to lock them to a charged Pan or Racket Fsmash.

It should be mentioned that this combo is also possible from a Dair. Simply land after Dair and then jump on them. It's not very hard either.

Following DI after Dtilt seems to be a bit harder though, and I wonder till how long we can combo them I they DI away. We will have to do a dash and then jump after all, and sibce Peach isn't thr fastest character this takes a bit of time, possibly enough for the opponent to escape. Nonetheless at lower percents this should definitely work and give you some huge damage of moves like Dair and Dtilt, which is crazy.

Thanks for sharing, this is a very good find!

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
I've shown Dair>footstool at the end, if that's what you are referring to
As long as your tech skill is in place, you should be able to efficiently follow opponent's DI, and, needless to say, have the reaction affect your movement in the middle of the fall so you don't waste time.
The DI after the DTilt is indeed the main obstacle to this combo, that won't kill anybody with a plugged controller, even if they DI toward the center, you need a read to seal their stock as DTilt>Up B is true only in a range of something like 2%, you might force an edgeguard and take a stock more easily, but, as I said, the opponent must choose this

OwntheLoner

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0834-4506-8954
This is dope. This kind of stuff is what made me pick up Peach in the first place. Looking forward to practicing this.

Glitchy_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintend0pr0
I've shown Dair>footstool at the end, if that's what you are referring to
As long as your tech skill is in place, you should be able to efficiently follow opponent's DI, and, needless to say, have the reaction affect your movement in the middle of the fall so you don't waste time.
The DI after the DTilt is indeed the main obstacle to this combo, that won't kill anybody with a plugged controller, even if they DI toward the center, you need a read to seal their stock as DTilt>Up B is true only in a range of something like 2%, you might force an edgeguard and take a stock more easily, but, as I said, the opponent must choose this
Why not use weak N-Airs to Jab Lock them between the Foltstool and Downtilt?

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
^DTilt will come out only during the endlag of the forced get-up, and thus it becomes techable, furthermore, sour Nair stops locking at more or less the percentage inflicted it to Samus, and she is a heavyweight, so you can use it only as a finisher to land a charged FSmash/USmash (there are only so many characters that die like that from USmash, and if you have the pan it still kills earlier, though you get less time to charge it because you have to either QFR it or foxtrot>Small step Forward Smash it, since you can't jump-cancel FSmashes) or as a starter, by rabbing or dairing him after the forced get-up for a easy footstool, you might try a direct DTilt if you are confident he won't tech

Last edited:

Glitchy_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintend0pr0
^DTilt will come out only during the endlag of the forced get-up, and thus it becomes techable, furthermore, sour Nair stops locking at more or less the percentage inflicted it to Samus, and she is a heavyweight, so you can use it only as a finisher to land a charged FSmash/USmash (there are only so many characters that die like that from USmash, and if you have the pan it still kills earlier, though you get less time to charge it because you have to either QFR it or foxtrot>Small step Forward Smash it, since you can't jump-cancel FSmashes) or as a starter, by rabbing or dairing him after the forced get-up for a easy footstool, you might try a direct DTilt if you are confident he won't tech
What was this DK inputting? Nothing? Since when I try this out in Training-mode in 1/4 speed i can only sometimes do it barely. (might be me)

Glitchy_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintend0pr0
Nothing. And what is that you can't do, exactly?
Well I do not manage to get back to the ground before the enemy (DK) can stand up.
In training mode it feels like he stands up way to fast to make this work only on specific percentages since the training mode CPU stands up as fast as possible.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Only level 9 CPUs act as fast as possible, I already talked about that in the description, and as you can see, DK doesn't even stop bouncing when I hit him

Top Bottom