• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patches Ultimate Needs

Arthur97

Smash Master
Who doesn't?

I don't think rage is more powerful than it is, only that it benefits a hard hitter. I didn't say anything about Bowser being top tier.
But he really does. That is where he is slow.

But you talk about him being unbalanced and clearly not to his detriment. I don't see it. They gave him the speed so he could compete. That doesn't make him unbalanced, that makes him somewhat viable for competitive play. Therefore, he's a bad example that there need to be balance patches. Though, I don't think there's any one good example either.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
But he really does. That is where he is slow.

But you talk about him being unbalanced and clearly not to his detriment. I don't see it. They gave him the speed so he could compete. That doesn't make him unbalanced, that makes him somewhat viable for competitive play. Therefore, he's a bad example that there need to be balance patches. Though, I don't think there's any one good example either.
I think some characters are going to be naturally unbalanced, since a lot of their traits are based off their own video game. If only that were true for everyone.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I think some characters are going to be naturally unbalanced, since a lot of their traits are based off their own video game. If only that were true for everyone.
I can't think of any that are naturally unbalanced. At least not anymore. I almost guarantee that DLC will reintroduce that though.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I went into this thread expecting the OP to just list off a bunch of Johning nonsense.

What I found instead was a pleasant surprise.

however, can they add back the ability to change your menu music again? like, wtf
Allow us to change the menu music
I have good news and bad news...

The Good News:
tfw u beat adventure mode.jpg

The Bad News:

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I went into this thread expecting the OP to just list off a bunch of Johning nonsense.

What I found instead was a pleasant surprise.

I have good news and bad news...

The Good News:
View attachment 186482

The Bad News:
You know, I think it was the same way with Brawl. I think people forgot all about it because 4 didn't even have an adventure mode to begin with so it was there on day one.

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
a nice thing should be instead of saying how you want to play online, you should also have a option about on how you NOT want to play online

for example, someone really despises matches with only 1 stock,then you should be able to add this to your list of what you don't want, then if the game ends up putting you in a random ruleset match it will pick anything except the 1 stock matches since it's on your ''NOT'' list

i play all kinds of different type of rulesets since i enjoy almost all of them, but i DESPISE 1 stock and HP matches and i wished i had the option to never have to deal with them ever again online instead of being forced to only have 1 preference to avoid them -.-

Nagol

Smash Cadet
NNID
NagolNLR
3DS FC
1693-3794-6353
a nice thing should be instead of saying how you want to play online, you should also have a option about on how you NOT want to play online

for example, someone really despises matches with only 1 stock,then you should be able to add this to your list of what you don't want, then if the game ends up putting you in a random ruleset match it will pick anything except the 1 stock matches since it's on your ''NOT'' list

i play all kinds of different type of rulesets since i enjoy almost all of them, but i DESPISE 1 stock and HP matches and i wished i had the option to never have to deal with them ever again online instead of being forced to only have 1 preference to avoid them -.-
see this is why quickplay could be a fun stand alone thing. You might get into a match with your ruleset or a ruleset you've never played before but don't mind playing. I think it's wrong to have to turn it into the comp 1v1 arena that we all want. I'm going to add that to the list good job

D

Deleted member

* Add a "CPUX" level that would be as the original CPU9 in the release-version, they were good & funny.
This was never removed, they just lowered the level of the CPUs when attempting to unlock a new character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ulk

Smash Cadet
My wishes would be:

- Ability to choose among any and all Smash tracks for the menu theme. Why we have a limit of 24 tracks for the menu and can choose among all songs for our Battle Arena is beyond me.
- Easier way to turn Stage Hazards on/off without having to go back several steps to change the entire ruleset. Also the ability to turn them off in training mode (I don't know if that can be actually done. I haven' found a solution yet anyway.).

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
There should be a patch that allows you to change around the male and female skins for each fighter it applies to since I never use the male Corrin or Robin Skins.

osby

Smash Obsessed
There should be a patch that allows you to change around the male and female skins for each fighter it applies to since I never use the male Corrin or Robin Skins.
That sounds pretty redundant. You just need to pick the alt you like every time. Not different than any other character.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
That sounds pretty redundant. You just need to pick the alt you like every time. Not different than any other character.
Flavor reasons.

Also they update to patch some of the graphics in the fighters' animations/victory screens. You can see the pixels on DK and Mewtwo. Not to mention the way they tried to design the skin of any character with fur is just...yucky, for lack of a better word.

PF9

Smash Lord
An aesthetic patch I desire is to change the designs of Pikachu, Pichu, Sonic and Isabelle to incorporate realistic fur, like Lucario, Fox, Wolf, Incineroar, Duck Hunt, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong have. I feel that all the non-human mammals should have realistic fur since Smash is a fighting game and we are far removed from the ultra-cartoony look of Smash 64.

Idiocy_Headquarters

Smash Rookie
I want preferences for Spectate mode. Sometimes, I just want to sit back and watch two pros battle it out and learn from it. It's tedious to be going in and out of Spectate mode because team battles, free-for-alls and fights with items on constantly appear.

I want the battles to be realistic to my standards.

Dattix

Smash Rookie
I want a patch that nerfs 9-Volt and 18-Volt. Maybe by axing either Sheriff, the Galagas, or both.

I'm not familiar with WarioWare, but what even justifies them?

Swordmaster102

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordmaster102
Remove or make the short-hop aerial tech (press jump and attack at same time) optional from the settings. It completely prevents frame perfect full-hop aerials And causes some combos no longer possible.

Semako

Smash Cadet
Two bugs that really need fixing:
  • In a battle arena, if one player leaves the battle too early, the first player waitinf in the queue gets sent back to the last queue spot and the second player in the queue gets to play the next battle. That might be caused by the game thinking the first player in the queue just played instead of the one who disconnected/left too early.
  • Directional airdodges are too inconsistant at grabbing the ledge. I also had my DK litterally boucing off the ledge with the directional airdodge instead of grabbing it. And because of the endlag (which definitively should be shortened a bit), not grabbing the ledge is an SD, unless you're playing R.O.B. or another character with a similar crazy good recovery.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Add a short hop button so I can configure it to Y and be able to short hop without worrying about messing up.

Nagol

Smash Cadet
NNID
NagolNLR
3DS FC
1693-3794-6353
Two bugs that really need fixing:
  • Directional airdodges are too inconsistant at grabbing the ledge. I also had my DK litterally boucing off the ledge with the directional airdodge instead of grabbing it. And because of the endlag (which definitively should be shortened a bit), not grabbing the ledge is an SD, unless you're playing R.O.B. or another character with a similar crazy good recovery.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8FZ8ScFv8U I don't know if you are air dodging upwards to ledge but I believe you need to end parallel to ledge or above ledge since you need to wait till the air dodge animation ends so that the grab animation can come out. Absolutely against air dodging off stage being a safe option unless you are going to ledge.

Semako

Smash Cadet
Of course they shouldn't be as safe as airdodges were in Sm4sh, but being forced to recover with jump + up already puts you in a serious disadvantage. And I don't think you should be punished by losing a stock just because your character doesn't grab the ledge out of a directional airdodge when should do itq.
Also, Melee seems to be much more consistant when it comes to airdodging to the ledge, I haven't experienced a single SD from my char not grabbing the ledge when he should yet - remember, melee airdodges put you into freefall.

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
I'd say fix jabs on certain characters like the Mario's. Sometimes when I use their jabs I land the first hit yet the second one misses for some reason.

I'd also want less shieldstun, because way too often the higher shieldstun makes it harder to punish attacks that would normally get opponents easily punished in past games.

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I care about the most is that elite doubles is way too hard to queue into. Only 30 seconds are given for a 4th player to join before the match autostarts and it becomes a campy 3 player FFA.

I made a reddit post and sadly nobody seems to care about this except me.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
I didn't even know if you could do more than 1v1 for Elite. Still, yeah, dedicated modes for FFAs, Teams, and 1v1s with their own GSPs would be ideal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom