• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch thread - Patch 1.0.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So Nintendo just Patched the 3DS version of the game, I'm checking the game to see what got changed or removed.

Wario can still do his Glitch momentum stuff, however that works.

If I can do the Robin infinite I'll see if that got patched out.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I heard from a Skype I'm in Rosalina got nerfed a bit. All I heard is the Luma is dead slightly longer now, not sure what else was tweaked or if that's even accurate

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I downloaded the patch and then played someone else locally who hadn't patched yet. Replays should be broken? I'm watching older ones without issue.

Unless they have backwards compatibility throughout multiple elements of the game.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Robin's tomes apparently have 6 uses now instead of 9. Yoshi's glitch still exists.

I'll test Bowser later today.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Robin's arcfire always had 6 uses, Nos 4, Thunder 20 (depending on charge)

iRJi

Smash Champion
There are no changes. At least from what I gathered. I tested for about 4 hours to make sure.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

I think the placebo effect is strong with this patch. I am really not noticing anything different.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Someone compared patch files and noted that all hitbox data is the same, among other things. Looks like "balance changes" is either a lie in their patch notes or applies to things nobody cares about like items or game modes.

Too bad Nintendo will never have better patch notes because making patch notes is actually pretty hard to do.

D

Deleted member 245254

I heard global SDI got changed for multi hit moves in the files.

So that might be something.
I wonder why though, if true. Was there some kind of preliminary issue rearing its head with hitstun shuffling during multi-hit attacks?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
This is the most trustworthy thing I've found about it,

http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/baseTo103.html
http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/102To103.html
From what I see, everyone may be wrong.
The files that I reverse engineered that contain hitbox data, much like the "PSA" files in Brawl, have not been changed since 1.0.2. The files marked as changed in the above link were actually changed in 1.0.2, but the changes are in sound and effects files, so its not really clear what they do, and I am not taking the time to look into it yet.

Anyways, the folder called animcmd contains the scripts used for hitboxes and stuff.
Now, there are still files that we don't understand that have been changed, like the main exe has a bunch of changes, but as far as data goes, heres all the stuff.

I may have done something incorrect, but all of the text changes mentioned show up in my diffs, but all of the hitboxes changes I SHOULD be seeing if posts are correct, are not. There may be some global SDI change in terms of multihit moves, but its not in the character files if there is.

Anyways, Dantarion Out.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Oh when he says that I think he was talking about our discussion about DI out of multi hit attacks not that he found anything to corroborate that.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Is Wario's glitched out vectoring still in the Wii U version?

Also could you upload some of Pit's codec call things (or if not what are some really funny ones that stick out to you)?
i tried it for about 10mins, dont think its in anymore
@ Raziek Raziek

Can you confirm this?

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/axcj/update/index.html

another patch got announced for the 3DS version and Toronto said he couldn't do the Wario AT anymore, so I was wondering if this was a fix to match the WiiU version for bug fixes.

edit: http://smashboards.com/threads/update-1-0-4-released-soon.377281/#post-17950931

Oh my...is this real?

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So my guess is this patch is removing a lot of those techs and possible balance changes?, dunno about the last part.

But it looks like it's just to match up with the WiiU version.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Already confirmed that Rosaluma is nerfed in Wii U. Luma takes ~12.55s to respawn up from ~8s. Straight up balance changes incoming.

What I think will be interesting is how they decide to balance. So they removed rush cancel and item throw cancels... Why? Did they hear about them through us/Japanese players (thus are reading SWF, FB, etc) or did they know about them before?

Will they balance according to For Glory statistics? Will they balance according to large Jpn or US tournaments that have been held already? Will they balance (not bug fix) custom specials?

What I want to know is, what is sakurai/Nintendo watching when deciding what balance changes need to be made to the game?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Patch 1.04 Rosalina and Luma.
Rosalina:
Nair damage got a slight nerf in percent it does.
Luma:
Gains 15 more HP
Shoots a shorter distance with fully charge Luma shot. (Which is better)
Comes back faster when you call him back.
Can still break grabs.
Doesn't do anything that the Wii U help tip says about him.
On stages with walls that go all the way down. (Yoshi's Island Brawl, and other Omegas) if Luma doesn't make it back to the stage with his 3 jumps, he will fall to his death, but on stages with these walls instead of dying, he glitches back to the middle of the stage.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think I'm going to make a Google Doc or something for overall verified changed patch notes style...when I wake up.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Check out the sticky on the competitive board for the currently nearly complete changelog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom