• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch Notes Thread (Upcoming: 1.1.3)

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
So with the Direct Broadcast coming up, I thought now would be a good time to touch upon this subject.

Thinkaman Thinkaman @Dantarion and anyone else interested, I'd like to discuss how patch notes should go. While this isn't necessarily a 4BR project (as many of you will likely do work on content and updates from any changes anyway), I do feel this is a good opportunity to help put out a comprehensive listing.

I mentioned this before, but I'd like to see two threads in the Comp section when the patch drops (whether that's next week or not), one for Official Notes (only those with special posting permissions can post in it) and a discussion thread for everything else.

As well, as a 4BR unit, I'd like to perhaps look into a project to help better showcase anything to people, alongside any patch note thread (perhaps a changelog video or something?). Thoughts?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Vitamin ZK always do videos of every change once they're 100% confirmed.
Maybe make a locked thread for the data-miners to post what they find, and then a discussion thread where everybody else can post their incorrect placebo changes? Then once the changes are confirmed, change the OP to reflect the real information.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Vitamin ZK always do videos of every change once they're 100% confirmed.
Maybe make a locked thread for the data-miners to post what they find, and then a discussion thread where everybody else can post their incorrect placebo changes? Then once the changes are confirmed, change the OP to reflect the real information.
Absolutely in agreement with this; having a nice, clean thread where people can view changes, and then a discussion thread on the side sounds like a good plan.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Having a locked thread with confirmed changes sounds good.

Mostly the big issue is the whole placebo posting that should be removed.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
What is the easiest way to make a whitelist of people who can post in a thread? I have a pretty firm idea of the ~15 or so people who have historically be engaged in those discussions with a history of accurate information.

Neo Zero

What is the easiest way to make a whitelist of people who can post in a thread? I have a pretty firm idea of the ~15 or so people who have historically be engaged in those discussions with a history of accurate information.
Post them here, I can likely make it happen, we did something similar back when Smash 3DS came out in Japan and certain users got special posting privileges.

Xiivi Xiivi that's not a problem right?

Neo Zero

Thinkaman Thinkaman you're likely aware, but Datamining is already going on. 99.9% likely the Cloud patch is tomorrow. Do you need any help preparing? I can also set up the permissions for your white list.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Cloud confirmed for tomorrow hype!
I'm so upset I'm going to be out of town for 3 days afterwards...

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
The whitelist should be all moderators (of any assigned board), all 4BRs members, and the following people who were positive contributors of direct data to the previous patch thread:

@DanGR
@Dantarion
@Indigo Jeans
@KuroganeHammer
@Lavani
@Locke 06
@LordWilliam1234
@Methacrylate
@Nobie
@sonicbrawler182
@Ulevo
@Vipermoon64
@Zapp Branniglenn

If there's no easy way to add mods, here's a list of the important contributors:
@Big O
@Ffamran
@Fox Is Openly Deceptive
Gunla Gunla
@Mario & Sonic Guy
@Meru.
san. san.
@Shaya
@TheReflexWonder
Thinkaman Thinkaman
@ぱみゅう

I have both topics written up, ready to post. I'm going to post them directly into Competitive Discussion, locked; this will avoid people making their own threads, especially if we get caught with our pants down.

I'll push that button as soon as I get a go ahead, or as soon as any patch info lands.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

The whitelist should be all moderators (of any assigned board), all 4BRs members, and the following people who were positive contributors of direct data to the previous patch thread:

@DanGR
@Dantarion
@Indigo Jeans
@KuroganeHammer
@Lavini
@Locke 06
@LordWilliam1234
@Methacrylate
@Nobie
@sonicbrawler182
@Ulevo
@Vipermoon64
@Zapp Branniglenn

If there's no easy way to add mods, here's a list of the important contributors:
@Big O
@Ffamran
@Fox Is Openly Deceptive
Gunla Gunla
@Mario & Sonic Guy
@Meru.
san. san.
@Shaya
@TheReflexWonder
Thinkaman Thinkaman
@ぱみゅう

I have both topics written up, ready to post. I'm going to post them directly into Competitive Discussion, locked; this will avoid people making their own threads, especially if we get caught with our pants down.

I'll push that button as soon as I get a go ahead, or as soon as any patch info lands.
I'll be setting the white list permissions soon (or maybe Xiivi Xiivi , since he has experience inserting the proper permissions). Maybe not all mods though as that isn't a pass to really be verified in this situation. 4BR and your personal trusted members should be fine though.

This isn't related strictly to us of course, but I hope anyone posting in the pure patch thread only posts informative verified notes (i doubt I need to worry about that though). You can probably run the discussion thread looser than past patch threads as well given the information will be kept seperate, but that of course is up to your own discretion. If you need any help beyond that, let me know soon.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Thinkaman Thinkaman

"50% = confirms all hitbox/projectile and FSM changes, does not include FAF timings or unexpected parameter adjustments"

So, of the things that aren't included in this changelog yet, that would be FAFs, but would that also include landing lag adjustments too (I doubt there are too many, if any, but...)? Does that also account for the startup times of attacks? What kinds of changes would fall into 'unexpected parameter changes,' too? Something like the properties of a hitbox changing, like if Mario's Fsmash suddenly started doing electric damage? Any other types of changes like that?

Sorry if that's way too many questions, eh heh...

Also I guess I should be the first to note this but NO SHEIK CHANGES AGAIN C'MON :(
(I know there still might be some changes waiting in the wings but this is very discouraging, to say the least)

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Correct; landing lag and any FAF, and certain oddball numbers controlling how special work are in a separate file.

ANYTHING involving hitboxes should be done.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
This is being handled very well so far. Well done!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Just curious on the Bowser change.
Is "final hitbox" the splash damage that hits people who are near Bowser at the end of his throw?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sonic survived another patch.

#blessed

:093:

Top Bottom