• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 3.1, what do you want from it?

What are you hoping for? Please explain

• Buffs to specific characters

Votes: 24 96.0%
  • Nerfs to specific characters

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Adjustments (characters or overall game)

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Bug fixes

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • New game mode(s)

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Extra Spirits. I've 100% completed beating every Spirit and collecting every Spirit, as well as leveling them all up to lv. 99.

Doing all that was a really good podcast listening activity, so more Spirits would give me another excuse to work through my current podcast backlog.

More realistically, I want something like a buff to Kirby's attack speed. Poor little guy has a hard time fighting in high level tournament play partly due to this and other factors, but better frame data is a start.

GhostM

Phantom
This is probably biased towards my opinion but I feel like Captain Falcon needs tweaking on certain moves. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a decent character, but raptor boost has an awful hit box that needs to be fixed. Other moves like Bair are weak and need more kill power. Not only that, but his initial dash is really slow for a character who is aggressive and capitalizes on openings to punish people.

ShadowTheHedgehogZ

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-4459-2606
Switch FC
2267-2995-1302
This is probably biased towards my opinion but I feel like Captain Falcon needs tweaking on certain moves. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a decent character, but raptor boost has an awful hit box that needs to be fixed. Other moves like Bair are weak and need more kill power. Not only that, but his initial dash is really slow for a character who is aggressive and capitalizes on openings to punish people.
Don't forget his turn around speed

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
I'm hoping mostly for Ridley buffs for myself, Krool buffs for my closest rl friend, and nerfs to the highest tier characters that keep showing up in tourneys.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
I just choose more game modes (aka home run contest and boss rush) and buffs to certain characters (aka if they nerf :ultkingdedede:'s gordo again for no reason, I'm going to scream). Now that I think about it, I would actually love to see more bosses in general added to the game.

For boss ideas, I was thinking tabuu, porky minch, andross, rayquaza, hades, dr. eggman and dr. wily.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
:ultsamus:/:ultdarksamus:
Make jab 1 connect to jab 2.
Reduce all tilts by 1 frame.
Improve f-air's hitbox.

:ultridley:
More travel distance for Wing Blitz.
Less cool down on Space Pirate Rush when Ridley misses.
Slightly larger hitbox for f-smash.

General
Nerf multi-jabs. It's only fair, since projectiles were nerfed.

Last edited:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I just choose more game modes (aka home run contest and boss rush) and buffs to certain characters (aka if they nerf :ultkingdedede:'s gordo again for no reason, I'm going to scream). Now that I think about it, I would actually love to see more bosses in general added to the game.
I would love to see more modes like Home Run Contest but a new Boss Mode. Instead of a random gauntlet of bosses I would like to play certain bosses with certain character. Have some sort of scoring to show performance.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I don’t care what they do so long as they buff the Good Doctor, although I definitely wouldn’t be upset if some characters like Peach and the rats got hit with the nerf hammer.

Top Bottom