• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Patch 3.0.0 - Persona Edition: Discussion Thread

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
After some double-checked labbing, I've come to the discovery of these being Lucario's changes so far in Ver. 3.0.0

:ultlucario:65% Aura
Double Team (Attack) shieldlag
16F → 19F
Doesn't change the safety on-block

:ultlucario:190% Aura
Fullcharged Aura Sphere shieldlag
15F → 16F
This means that Lucario's Fullcharged Aura Sphere is now 1 frame safer on-block, going from –17 → –16

Double Team (Attack) shieldlag
18F → 26F
Doesn't change the safety on-block

So because of the nerf to shield damage to Aura Sphere, apparently it also got safer on-block too.

In Ver. 2.0.2, 190% Aura Lucario firing a Fullcharged Aura Sphere:
-Deals 27.6% without 1v1 multiplier
-Did 15F of shieldlag
-Did 8F of shieldstun

Now in Ver. 3.0.0, 190% Aura Lucario:
-Does 16F of shieldlag
-Still does 8F of shieldstun

This caused Lucario's (Dis)Advantage on-block to go from –17 → –16.

Although, I have heard that the electric property in Training Mode is in shambles right now apparently, so if something happened to Aura, then, eh. Owell. Still thought I'd let the thread know.

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
So Training Mode hitlag is definitely weird in the case of Electric attacks, but I noticed pummels had 1 frame less hitlag post patch and I'm interested in a bug that was supposedly fixed.

https://twitter.com/Meshima_/status/1118946551831732224

I don't have much information to support this, since the only hitlag I ever frame counted on moves were pummels, and all of them seem to be about 1 frame less in post-patch when testing under the same conditions in Training Mode. The idea of training mode having different hitlag values intrigued me, since I spent so much time counting shieldlag. So I got out my video capture equipment and tested whether moves dealt the same shieldlag between training mode and versus mode. When creating the same conditions (training mode does have a move staling toggle in this game) I tested a few moves and found that in post patch training mode and versus mode moves have the same shieldlag. Good news for me, I don't have to recheck everything. Pummels have the same hitlag between modes as well. I just can't say whether that used to be the case

So my tentative answer for why pummels have less hitlag in post patch is that training mode may have been adjusted as Meshima claims. Fixing a tiny hitlag bug that nobody has noticed, rather than a deliberate gameplay change. But I also can't prove it with the data I have.

Rizen

Smash Legend
IDK if this is placebo but it seems like the AI on :ultyounglink:'s Zair makes the hitbox fall with him now. Before it hung in the air at the level he shot it. Can someone confirms this?

Top Bottom