• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.16 Discussion

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/axfj/update/index.html

Do not post any threads related to the patch. Please direct any and all discussion related to the upcoming patch in this thread.

I'll be updating this thread with all findings when the patch drops. I've got 2 3DS's so i'll be able to test things quickly.

:4corrin: :4corrinf:

Changes
-Nothing

Discussion topics
-Do you think Corrin should receive nerfs? buffs? Or be left the same?
-Do you anticipate nerfs or buffs? Or no changes at all?

Last edited:

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Time for the placebo hype~!

But no really, I hope nothing changes at all :S

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I think Kamui is fine the way it is.... maybe a speed buff would be good this time around, but there is no need to change anything.
I can expect those small adjusts Sakurai likes to do, though.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
When does it start? I heard about this in school but the school's internet wouldn't let me check.

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
I feel Up Air is still too strong for being a lazy swing with a noodle arm. Dragon Lunge could also use a little toning down in few areas.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
In what ways would you want DL to be "toned down"? I don't really see anything wrong with it as a move.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I would like Corrin´s Ftilt to have less endlag and maybe send enemies with a lower angle. The angle it sends enemies is weird as ***.

Would not mind down smash having a little less endlag.

Thats the only things i would change from him.

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Good news: Everyone but Bayonetta received 0 changes
Neutral news: Everyone but Bayonetta received 0 changes
Bad news: Everyone but Bayonetta received 0 changes

Depending on who you main

Last edited:

ThePuffDaddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flashman69
It really bothers me that people are calling for Corrin nerfs, she just has some really bad match ups and is unviable to solo main in tournament. I think people will come to realize this eventually, well at least those that actually attend tournaments. Plus please tell me one good reason the character should be nerfed because they have: little results, clear weaknesses, and is clearly weaker than many characters like Ike that no one complains to nerf.

Last edited:

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
It really bothers me that people are calling for Corrin nerfs, she just has some really bad match ups and is unviable to solo main in tournament. I think people will come to realize this eventually, well at least those that actually attend tournaments. Plus please tell me one good reason the character should be nerfed because they have: little results, clear weaknesses, and is clearly weaker than many characters like Ike that no one complains to nerf.
1: Salt. Second: unviable to solo main? Eh, I dunno. Cosmos solo mains Corrin, and while yes regional, it's still something. Also, Corrin is arguably better than Ike IMO outside of grab reward. Just sayin'.

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Honestly haven't heard anything from anyone wanting Corrin nerfs. Also I would say she is pretty solo viable.... she has very solid match up spread with only 4 bad match ups in top 15 . This is at least from our current data and experiences... even a couple of those match ups are only slightly bad (used to be 5, but bayo, idk whats gonna happen there). Every member of the top 15 has at least one bad match up in the top 15 ( most have more than 1). Really most of the the top 15 characters have their own flaws. For example fox is easy to combo, has bad grabs, and an ez to edge-guard recovery. Yet, his strengths make up for it. If people only looked at the weaknesses of character and not their strengths then ever character would look bad. Yes corrin has no combo throw and is slow, but her juggle/ combo game is amazing, she also has some of the best disjoints in the game backed with amazing frame data for a swordy. Last but not least she has great kill power ( can kill super early of an edge-guard or a read, or consistently without a read in the 100+ % range with safe kill options). Also Corrin worse than Ike? No results? She out classes Ike in many ways, while Ike may only have a couple things better (combo throw and hitting like more of a truck). Also Cosmos, Hakii, and Ryuga do work in their regions. We have yet to see corrin even attempted as a solo main at top lvl though, and as such we will have to wait and see what happens (Cosmos is going to CEO though, I think he's not experienced enough on a national lvl to go too far, but I still wanna see how well he will do). Also side note corrin according smashboards is just above duck hunt in solo main player base size... we are vocal, but there are not many of us (when you consider that and the # of results its actually quiet good).

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
Corrin is absolutely solo main viable. Her mu spread is mostly just even or in her favor. I also believe corrin has two kinds of even mus. Even mus where it's just traditionally even..and even where corrin and x character body each other. In all honesty I firmly believe Rosalina is an example of one of these hyper counter even mus because they both just shut down each other. Because of bayo getting nerfed I don't think corrin has any hard counter. And her few slightly bad match ups can still be powered through with her devastating kit, and a monstrous edge gaurd game.

Last edited:

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
I don't really care if a character is solo viable. To me Corrin is a character who seems to work perfectly with my style, so now I main her. That it's how Sm4sh should be.
I've also defeated a fair number of excellent players with my Corange, so yeah, she's hella viable.
About buffs and nerfs, it might just be me (and my placebo) but it feels like Draconic Ascent got a distance buff,and aerial DL received a slight startup increase. Could anyone check this? I can't use my 3DS at the moment, though i labbed a bit last night after I visited Bayonetta's grave and paid my respects.
EDIT: How many here are Corrin mains, or co mains or secondaries? I'm a Corrin main, and I secondary Ike, Cloud, and Marth.Ueaah,I'm a swordy fellow.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
I want to make Corrin my co-main alongside Ike, but my ability with her just isn't up to the level or time investment I have on the likes of Ike, Bowser, and Ganondorf. I haven't even gotten around to practicing kill setups outside of DFS to DL and aerial traps.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
I want to make Corrin my co-main alongside Ike, but my ability with her just isn't up to the level or time investment I have on the likes of Ike, Bowser, and Ganondorf. I haven't even gotten around to practicing kill setups outside of DFS to DL and aerial traps.
Corrin is less about kill setups and more about keeping your opponent at arms length away.A pivoted spaced Fsmash or an edguarding DL could destroy your opponent's stock. For Corrin, the name of the game is Spacing.
Enjoy co maining Corrin!

Arrei

Smash Lord
I'm no stranger to spacing, but Corrin needs to be able to maintain her space while also fishing for a kill setup, or she's going to be dancing around trying to land that one good perfectly-spaced hit that's actually capable of killing like pre-buff Marth.

Top Bottom