• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.1.6 Released: Bayonetta Hit With Nerf Hammer

Where will Bayonetta end up in the tier-list after the nerf?

• Top-Tier (1-5)

Votes: 32 6.3%
  • High-Tier (6-20)

Votes: 342 67.7%
  • Mid-Tier (21-40)

Votes: 106 21.0%
  • Low-Tier (41+)

Votes: 25 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Late Thursday evening, Nintendo released what could possibly be the final patch for Smash 4. The patch notes had been leaked ahead of time by Twitter user @RandomTBush, revealing that only one major change had occurred within the game: Bayonetta had been nerfed as hard as any other character in the history of Smash 4.

PG | ESAM takes a look at Bayonetta's re-worked specials
Apparently Nintendo had heard the very vocal voices in the community calling for Bayonetta nerfs and decided to rework the character in a major way. The changes seem to be specifically designed to prevent her from setting up and pulling off her ladder combos, which could be devastating for the character. Her D-tilt has had its hitbox significantly reduced. Both Witch-Twist as well as After-Burner Kick have had their SDI multipliers doubled, which should make it significantly easier for opponents to escape. Also worth noting, is that her hitboxes for several iterations of these moves have been shrunk. Her D-air has also received a nerf in the form of a reduction in knockback growth. You can find the full patch notes here.

Top Smashers seem to be going in both directions on whether or not Bayonetta will remain a top-character:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

---
What do you think of the impending Bayonetta nerfs? Will she still be viable? Are you disappointed that no other characters were changed? Is this the final Smash 4 patch? Let us know in the comments below.

Last edited:

Comments

As a Yoshi main, I would be ECSTATIC for a buff. I don't think Yoshi has been changed at all since the game came out, so that would be crazy!
I think of Yoshi as a one-trick pony. He's good, not gonna lie, but he never got any better, and now that all these new characters came in as well as all the great buffs, especially from my boy Greninja (but not my main) Yoshi is just being left in the dust. Good luck getting those buffs man, knowing some Bayo players might whine about how she sucks now, maybe with other crapola characters, you're gonna need it.

If there are any that have more than two frames (*cough Bayonetta's Witch time*). The SDI you speak of is of no concern for now, I've never seen any clear instance of it nor have I performed it, or at least known I did that. Again, SDI is a friend only if you know what the heck it is, and as you can clearly see I'm clueless.

I
If there are any that have more than two frames (*cough Bayonetta's Witch time*). The SDI you speak of is of no concern for now, I've never seen any clear instance of it nor have I performed it, or at least known I did that. Again, SDI is a friend only if you know what the heck it is, and as you can clearly see I'm clueless.
SDI stands for "Smash Directional Influence."
Reference for what it is: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Smash_DI

Top Bottom