• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Patch 1.1.4 F-air buff result

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Before patch 1.1.3, Ike's Fair was a reasonably ranged aerial for covering a good amount of space in front of Ike. Now, Ike's Fair has gone even further beyond & has reached Shulk's range level.:shades:
  • Fair:
    • Damage: 12 -> 13
    • Reach Range Maximum: 10.5 -> 12
    • Middle Hitbox Displacement: 6.75 -> 7.5
Here's some photos:

The picture above shows the standing position they need to be placed in order to get the Phantom hit orange spark from their Fair.

This is their position identical to the image above, except this image captures the moment they're in frame 2 shield. I wanna say that Shulk's is baaaaaaaarely closer to the pillar but I'm eyeballing it so disclaimer for that.

This is the same positioning as the image above, except that I have it on Fixed Camera view to see it from afar.

Now from their stationary positions, I hold jump to input a Short Hop, tap L, then release jump & input forward + attack & then tap L again. Ike ends up getting the phantom hit from that range.

Here, I have Ike land after the Fair & jumped up to the upper balcony platform, which is no different distance as he'll still get the Phantom hit. So for Shulk, I have him jump up where Ike was previously tested & I do the same step-by-step process that I performed with Ike & got this result. Ike had to spotdodge to avoid the startup hitbox of Shulk's Fair.

This image above is for just showing Shulk & Ike switching places.

This shows them in the same positions but holding shield & capturing the moment during their frame 2 shield.

Same position, just Fixed Camera setting to show of any difference from a farther perspective.

Basically the same as the previous picture comparing Ike on the top but with Shulk instead.

Same here like the previous picture of comparing Shulk's Fair except Shulk is on the balcony platform & Ike is using Fair.

AbelCor

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0104-1826-6256
And ours does more damage and combos really well. It auto-cancels and is an amazing spacing tool. It kills. This sure is f-air. :urg: (yes I know this pun is overused shut up)

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Safer, better spacing, better killing

Who would have thought the day would come.

Reiks

Smash Rookie
Didn't nerf it just makes Shulk even more outclassed than before.Ike to me seemed to do everything Shulk can do(but fun jump shenanigans) but better.

Top Bottom