• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parry Follow up

l1l1l1l1

Smash Rookie
What do you like after a parry?

The forward hitbox situation leaves many characters out of the reach of most of her ground attacks. I've been just defaulting to b-air, but I'd love some outside input.

Mark The Page

Smash Apprentice
I'll let you know when I finally pull off a parry intentionally. Having enough time to pull off a b-air would require some flawless prediction.

But seriously, if a grounded opponent is out of side-tilt range, and you don't think a running grab will connect, try a standing dash attack. In Ultimate you can flick the control stick and a tilt stick in the same direction to immediately perform a dash attack. Not a single frame of running will precede it, which I think is improved (or at least more consistent) than in Smash 4. And not a bad option for our buffed Trainers.

Kazmyer

Smash Rookie
I have rarely parried and not been able to follow up with a tilt (except for swordies). I just hold my tilt stick over for an Ftilt. Sometimes I panic and throw out an Fsmash, which usually connects regardless (at least for now while people aren't used to parries). If I parry a sword I will dash attack.

I've only successfully parried and then been in range to punish like 10 times. Most of the time it's just projectiles.

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
F-tilt or u-tilt for me usually if they’re close. If they’re far away and are recovering from lag or whatnot, then a Deep Breathing or try to charge a Sun Salutation if applicable.

Sometimes I try to get an advantage for the neutral but that never really works.

For me, anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom