• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Parachute Parade! - GnW Social Discussion

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Before any mods shut this down, think about it. We could really use this.
Game & Watch's General Discussion

Use this thread to talk about anything Game and Watch related.

Wanna hype a favorite G&W'er? Post it here.
Wanna just talk about how cool he is? Post it here.
Gotta funny/awesome G&W pic? Post it here.

This is just a place for people to sit around and talk.

Keep it clean though. And yes, that includes you NoJ.

Game and Watch Social Xat Chat: http://xat.com/wafflesandcheese

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Reasons why we need this:
1. A lot of other boards have it, we can't we?

2. There's nowhere to just talk. We have simple question thread, match up thread, and stage thread, but no just anything thread.

3. Like Ampharos said, Game and Watch seems to be a dull character from the outside. Lets show the boards how much flavor he has.

4. We Game and Watch's don't seem to communicate very much. We're all aiming towards the same goal, making Game and Watch the best he can be. Consider it a Game and Watch club, but without all the seriousness of a backroom.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
I mean, why not?

Anywhoo. How about we get this goin?

Valdens beating Ally 2-1.

I gotta say, thats a giant step in the right direction for G&W. I would've loved to watch those matches.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
wow,nice that Zac did so well
im also waiting to see some vids :laugh:

and draco,where ya been lol

Noa.

Smash Master
The Olimar boards. I switched mains a while back. But hopefully I still know enough about G&W to stay around here.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
First time I did crew battles, I went G&W. I broke even, taking off three stocks from the other team, so that was cool. The person before me had taken FIVE stocks, so I maintained the lead for him.

My opponents were a MK with 1 stock, and the last one was a Snake.

So ppl were shouting things like this:

"A2Z is gonna teach you the alphabet!"
"This dude invented Bucket Braking! Watch out!"
"Holy ****! Is that LeePuff?!"

Landing charged Smashes after Snake air dodges also is the best thing ever.

Strangely enough, even though I've been maining Mario, I've been noticing a lot of ways I can improve my speed and mindgames with G&W too.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hey man, you don't need to worry about me. I don't use anyone else who is better than G&W. XD

And I might just start using him more than ever since I am starting to get really smart about how I use him.

And nobody uses Chef enough against DDD except me. =P

Neb

Smash Lord
We need to find something new to rebrake G&W
Why don't we focus on what we already have. Obviously G&W isn't perfect, so no matter what has been done it can always be improved upon. We benefit from understanding our character a little better, the discoveries and other breakthroughs should surface along the way.

PS - I'll probably never use anyone else but G&W, :).

What!? I find a way to use chef in pretty much every match-up, :{.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord

lol vayseth's dreams are haunted by my bacon ---> fairs.

And towards Neb, yeah you're very right. Its just been so long since we've found solid ways to improve. I love to mix it up, but nothing serious has been added to his main gameplay in a long time.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
From my experience:

G&W is a character who destroys his opponent when you have them psychologically on the edge.

So the key to playing him is in fact, getting your opponent psychologically on the edge.

This is why he is such a difficult character to use. He has tools that CAN destroy his opponent like none other, but the hardest part is being one step ahead of your opponent.

One of the simplest ways of doing this seems to be by playing as quick and technically as possible. Like Leepuff. Because he's constantly on the move, he finds so many opportunities to mindgame his opponent.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
From my experience:

G&W is a character who destroys his opponent when you have them psychologically on the edge.

So the key to playing him is in fact, getting your opponent psychologically on the edge.

This is why he is such a difficult character to use. He has tools that CAN destroy his opponent like none other, but the hardest part is being one step ahead of your opponent.

One of the simplest ways of doing this seems to be by playing as quick and technically as possible. Like Leepuff. Because he's constantly on the move, he finds so many opportunities to mindgame his opponent.
Thats actually a very good way to describe how to play game and watch. It seems everyone instantly thinks "oh just bair and nair" but its way more then that, and how you put it is exactly how to play him.

G&W is just the kind of character to keep a lead. Generally, matches involving G&W don't sway too much back and forth. It seems to be one solid lead. Until I try to kill anyways :dizzy:

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
I wouldn't imagine it to be too hard, especially with Mikey Lenetia as the peach. A lot of peach's moves hit up, which is good for racking up damage. Killing is what i'm worried about.

And any team name suggestions?

Noa.

Smash Master
Let G&W do the killing. Landing smashes with G&W in doubles is so more easier than in singles. Peach is a great team partner. She holds her own aginst many characters. Let her do some damage racking and then you jump in for the kill. When she dairs and opponent be ready to followup with nair.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Let the peach be aggressive. Idk really, teaming with Peach is hard.
No it's not :confused:

If the Peach knows how to space to avoid your smashes, just let the Peach beat everyone up and then kill everyone.

Alternatively, you can have the Peach stock tank by holding on to turnips and running away and shielding stuff w/ turnip OOS.

Peach can't kill, so that's your job. All of Peach's grounded moves AND her dair send people up so get ready to jump over her with nairs for combos.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Yeah, I've teamed with a good Peach, and it seems like a fairly strong combination.
She's fairly good at not dying~

cutter

Smash Champion
We've known about this since forever.

It comes from when you're on the edge and your opponent DIs the Dthrow away from the stage. Since the Dthrow is a meteor attack, your opponent's bad DI gets them spiked off the stage instead of normally getting slammed into the ground.

It can also happen on the moving platform on Smashville as well.

You can also do easy Dthrow spikes on Skyworld when you destroy the platforms. G&W's Dthrow will go right through the clouds and spike the opponent. It's a shame Skyworld is banned though, because it would be a great counterpick against tether characters.

Think Melee Fox's Dthrow... it's the same thing.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Guys, Leepuff is amazing :).

That's all.

Publix

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone been in the new Chevy Malibu?! the blinker sound for the turn signals sounds just like G&W walking! kinda. besides that the car is garbage.

KirbyIRL

Smash Journeyman
That makes that car amazing no matter how garbage it is. If it were the same tone as dark blue G&W I'd drive the crap outta that thing.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
"Mr. Game and Watch is made of a primordial substance that can take on any number of forms. Mr. Game and Watch was harvested for this reason to create The Subspace Army. It is also stated on the Smash Dojo that Mr. Game and Watch allowed this to happen because he has no concept of good and evil."

how cool is that?

Top Bottom