• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Panhandle Tourney 7/24 - Bring ya AZZ!!!

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Fluxx'd UP! Presents:

PANHANDLE SMASHFEST

BRAWL & MELEE SINGLES & BRAWL(MELEE PENDING) DOUBLES

July 24th, 2010

The Venue:
Gamescape
3220 Appalachee PKWY #4
Tallahassee, FL

Tentative Schedule of Events:

July 24th, 2010 THIS IS A ONE DAY EVENT, PLEASE PLAN TO BE HERE ALL DAY.

10:00 AM Venue Opens, Sign-ups Begin!
12:00 PM Melee Doubles (Pending)
12:30 PM Melee Singles Begin!(Melee Singles will being no later than 1:30)
2:00 PM Brawl Doubles Begin!(Brawl Doubles will begin no later than 3:30)
4:00 PM Brawl Singles Begin! Brawl Singles will start either @ 4PM or after Brawl Doubles, whichever comes first.

AIB link!!! http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9564

[/SIZE] This is an ALL Day Event, There will be no refunds for tournament entry fees unless for extreme emergency, so please plan to be here all day, as all times are somewhat estimated.

Here is Contact Information should you have any questions:
If you have Housing questions, We will be able to arrange housing, and i do encourage housing as the events are starting extremely early!

SomaCruz (386)847-2728
AWAL{ME} (954)618-9548
MrFTW (850)559-2845[/COLOR]
LIZARD (407)252-2873
DBS (313)727-4099
Dedw8 (321)147-2874

PLEASE RSVP IF YOU CAN SO WE KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT!!!!! HOWEVER IT MUST BE A SURE THING, NO MAYBEs! A RESERVE LIST WILL FOLLOW THIS POST!

Here is the Price List for all of the Events taking Place on this day!
Door fee: $5 dollars
Melee: Singles $10 entry fee
Melee: Double $5 entry fee (per person, $10 per team,price pending on Melee Players)
Brawl: Singles $10 entry fee
Brawl: Doubles $10 entry fee (per person, $20 a Team)

The pot for Singles Tournament will be divided like this:

If 8 people or under: (100% of the total pot will be used for the players!)
1st: 70% of the total pot
2nd: 30% of the total pot

If tourney attendance has 9-20 people: (100% of the total pot will be used for the players!)
1st: 60% of the total pot
2nd: 25% of the total pot
3rd: 15% of the total pot

Should we have 21-36 or more people in the Singles Brackets, the pot distribution will be
3rd: 10% of the total pot
4th: 5% of the total

If we have 37-64(Which could be most likely especially for Brawl) , pot distribution will be
1st: 55%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 12.5%
4th: 7.5%
5th(x2): 2.5%

If 65+ players attend
1st: 50%
3rd: 10%
5th(x2)=5%
7th(x2)=2.5%

The pot for Doubles Tournaments will be divided like this:

If there are 8 or less teams:
3rd: 15% of the total pot

should we have 9-32 teams in the Doubles Brackets, the pot distribution will be
3rd: 10% of the total pot
4th: 5% of the total pot

If we are able to have 33 or more teams the pot distribution for teams will be
1st: 55%
3rd: 12.5%
5th(x2): 2.5%

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament Rules (Singles and Doubles)

General rules
3 stock
8 minutes
No items
Damage Ratio: 1.0
No handicap
Self destruct: -1

·If you are more than 7 minutes late for your match, you will forfeit the set, please try to remain close to the venue during tournament operation
·Custom Controls will be allowed, Provided that you show up early enough to set them up and it comes at a first come, first serve basis

Match Schedule
·Rounds will consist 2/3 matches in a double elimination bracket
·BEFORE the 1st match of the round BEGINS, both players will stage strike the neutral stages starting with the person w/ the higher controller port.
·Once a loser has been decided from the first round, counter-picking comes into effect
·If the loser of the 1st match wins the 2nd match, then the 3rd match will proceed the same way, except for the declaration of the banned stage.
·Once the Stages have been picked, the winner will pick a new character or stick with their current character, the loser will then pick their character
·Should there be a 3rd match in the set, the same procedure will follow suit
·The final rounds of loser's winner's and Grand will consist of 3/5 matches, in the case that we have more than 36 participants the winners and losers Semifinals will be 3/5 as well

Character Rules
·All characters are available for selection and players are free to choose who ever they want, if there is a problem when picking characters, players can call a judge for a double blind pick

Special and Specific Rulings
1. No use of Marth’s Grab Release Infinites against Lucas and Ness.
2. No use of King Dedede’s Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.
3. Players/Teams who break Gameplay Rules #1-2 will be given a Warning. Each subsequent Warning that a
4. Player/Team receives will result in a Forfeit of the Game (See General Rules #4).
5. No use of Meta Knight’s Infinite Cape Glitch.
6. No Pausing a Game without Referee’s permission.
7. No use of an action that freezes a Game, or otherwise disrupts standard gameplay.
8. Any Infinite Move must end before the affected Character reaches 300%.
9. Breaking any of Gameplay Rules #4-7 will result in a Forfeit of the Game.
10. Any sign of cheating may result in a Forfeit of the Game, disqualification from the Event, and ejection from the venue. Players who are disqualified from the Event won’t receive any Rank Points for their ranking in the Event.
In the 1v1 Event, the higher seeded Player must choose their Controller Port first. The lower seeded Player may use any of the remaining Controller Ports.
11. In the 1v1 Finals, the Player without a Match loss must choose their Controller Port first. In the 1v1 Finals, the Player with a Match loss may use any of the remaining Controller Ports.
12. In the 2v2 Event, the higher seeded Team must choose one Controller Port first. The lower seeded Team must then choose two Controller Ports. The higher seeded Team must use the Controller Port that wasn’t chosen.
13. Players may request a Blind Pick of Characters for the Game 1 of a Match.
14. For Game 1 of each Match, the higher controller ported Player/Team must strike 1 Stage from the list of Starter Stages. The next Player/Team must then strike 1 Stage from the list of Starter Stages. The higher controller ported Player/Team must then strike again and then the opposing player picks the stage from the final stages. choose the Game 1 Stage from the remaining Starter Stages.
15. After the Stage has been selected for Game 1 OR after Game 1 of a Match, each Player may select one Stage, from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages, that can’t be chosen for the rest of the set. The player that wins the first round picks 1st.
16. The loser of a Game must select the Stage for the next Game.
17. After the Stage a Game has been selected, the winner of the previous Game must select their Character(s), for the upcoming Game, first. The loser of the Game must then choose their Character(s) for the upcoming Game.
18. If the Timer runs out, the winner of the Game will be determined by the following criteria in this order: Stock and Percentage. If Stock is used to determine a winner, the highest number will win. If Percentage is used to determine a winner, the lowest number will win. If both Stock and Percentage are tied, Sudden Death won’t be used and a Tiebreaker Round will be played instead. In a Tiebreaker Round, Stock will be set to 1, the Timer will be set to 4 Minutes, and the same Stage and Characters must be used.
19. If the Timer runs out and a Player exceeds the Edge Grab Limit for that Game’s Stage, that Player/Team will Forfeit the Game. However, if the Timer runs out and both Players in a 1v1 Match, or at least one Player on each 2v2 Team, exceed the Edge Grab Limit for that Game’s Stage, the penalty will not be enforced (See Gameplay Rules #16). 20. The Edge Grab Limit on Norfair will be 45. The Edge Grab Limit on all other Stages will be 40. The Edge Grab Limits only apply to Games/Tiebreaker Rounds in which the Timer runs out unless the edgegrab is over 50 in which the edgegrabber will be disqualified.
21. If a Game is started without the approval of a Referee it will be restarted.
22. Players may take one or more of their teammate’s Stock.

Stage Lists

·Legal Neutral stages are as follows and are to be used on striking:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Brawl Version)

·Legal Counterpick stages are as follows:
Castle Seige
Norfair
Battleship Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium
Great Sea
Delfino Plaza
Green Greens
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat

·Banned Stages are as follows:
New Pork City
Mario Bros
75m
Mario Circuit
Port City Aero Dive
Big Blue
Green Hill Zone
Shadow Moses Island
Flatzone 2
Hannebrow
Mushroomy Kingdom
Warioware
Spear Pillar
Rumble Falls
Onett
Yoshi’s Island (Melee version)
Hyrule Temple
Summit
Bridge of Eldin
Distant Planet
Skyworld
Corneria
Luigi's Mansion
Pokemon Stadium 2

Super Smash Bros Melee Rules:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed
*Wobbling Banned

Singles

Starter Stage List:
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Teams

Starter Stage List:
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mute City
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

MLG Since MLG is now upon us we are going to allow MLG playing style IF both players aggree to it. Here are the rules. Also, a TO (Me, Esper or DBS) MUST be informed beforehand about the
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=269919
Its not mandatory to know this since the real rules are all the way up there ^ but if you both wanna try out these mlg stuff, then go right ahead. Any questions, look for me and ask me.

MLG

Stages

Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counterpick Stages:
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Pirateship (The Great Sea)
Everything else is banned

Those are MLG rules NOT ours... and if U aggree to do them U have to do them all the way.

Additional Rules for Double's Play
Life Stealing is allowed
Set team attack to ON

__________________________________________________ ________________________

For any more questions please let me know ASAP! PM me and i try to check this forum at least twice a day! A capture card will be available for brawl singles and doubles, if some one would provide on efor melee so i can get footage on youtube that would be awesome. If you can let me know if you're going now that would be awesome. I hope to see alot of people come out!

We will need alot of people to bring setups for this tournament, and so long as the venue cost is covered we will be able to offer discounts for those who brings setups. Discounts are as follows, provided the house fee is covered

Brawl: 0
Wii: $2.50
TV: $2.50
Everything: Free House Fee

ALSO: if you have extension cords, power strips, etc. PLEASE BRING THEM, we're defenitly going to be them.

We will have a list at the front desk for anyone who brings a setup and we will know where exactly it goes and where it will be at all times, once a setup is put into position, it doesn't move unless the owner is leaving.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

FOOD AND EATING!!!!!!!!!
There are several restaurants nearby the venue, some of the restaurants near the venue include:
Waffle House
Kentucky Fried Chicken
Burger King
Several Ethnic Restaurants

Most importantly i want everyone who comes to have as much fun as possible, as that is the whole point of this thing. So please I urge all of you to come out and have a good time.

[GB]Cecil

Smash Apprentice
By the way, I'm trying to get the seeding points for FL smash used in as many tournaments as possible so that we can have a shared database of points. I'm going to keep it NLL exclusive for the next couple of events to iron out any potential error, but after that I'd like to spread it around. Would you guys be interested in this?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
yay, more than 12 days notice ahead of time. I can actually call off work now.

Zone

Smash Champion
yay, more than 12 days notice ahead of time. I can actually call off work now.
lol, I definitely drove there last time only to find it cancelled. So I hung with derrick all day.

BUT I WILL COME TO THIS!

Manko wanna team for melee?

EDIT: Ragnarok you still going to Tipped off?

Zone

Smash Champion
Nevermind I'm not coming lol. I forgot this was the same date as FAP in Alabama

EDIT: sorry manko maybe next time.

Klarvic

Smash Apprentice
Starter Stages

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter-Pick Stages

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise.
Need to edit your MLG legal Stages a little Nick

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I'll come if ruse goes, and if enough people come. I guess i'll dust off my sword and start training again.

Ruse

Fox
Yeah, I think Manko can only get off for Louisiana and Rice is difficult to get places.

So, if we did go to this, it'd only be like me/Rag/maybe Skater.

KBM

Smash Ace
sounds like another flop to me!

@nick/Darvon, let's just travel from now on. nobody comes here anymore.

-!-

Smash Lord
Sooo far away, but I can't come either way cuz I'll be going to MetroCon for the Weekend ;)

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
I will talk to the SwampNigas and see what that popular opinion is and let you know. would we be able to get housing from anyone?

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
I'll ask around about housing...

N if U come can u bring GDX n HRNUT?

I kno Masky n dem R comin
if i come my car would be full of people from my crew although GDX and HRNut are in my region i would give the spots to the players i play with on a more frequent basis nothing against them

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Between me n 2 others. The issue w/ stay w/ me is that I myself won't b home until 3 am. But my roomates will b there

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Between me n 2 others. The issue w/ stay w/ me is that I myself won't b home until 3 am. But my roomates will b there
i mean if that is not a problem for me but i can understand how you would feel weird doing that. i would like to come to this.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
i mean if that is not a problem for me but i can understand how you would feel weird doing that. i would like to come to this.
Nooooooooooooooo I'm jus worried about U guys I didn't want U 2 feel uncomfortable w/out me bein there

Top Bottom