• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palutena's dojo

Are the harder combos worth the time investment?

• Yes

• Probably

• Not sure

• Unlikely

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
THERE IS NO MERCY IN THIS DOJO!!!

Jokes aside, I think the Palu boards are in need of a general combo thread is all, so I'm going to make one. Despite playing the game since launch I'm still unsure of the % for all characters so I'll generalize then into Floaty (Fl) or fast fall (Fa). I hope this thread will continue to grow with the Palutena community.

• Basic combos
Jab > grab [DI] guaranteed
  • (Fl) 0~70%
  • (Fa) 30~90%
Jab > reflect [DI] guaranteed
  • (Fl) 0~70%
  • (Fa) 30~90%
Jab > jab [DI] can DI up and away
  • (Fl) 0~70%
  • (Fa) 40~110%
Jab > dash atk [DI] guaranteed
  • (Fl) 10~65%
  • (Fa) 40~90%
Down throw > fair [DI] if the opponent DIs away this is guaranteed
  • (Fl) 0~100%
  • (Fa) 0~125%
Down throw > up air [DI] if the opponent DIs up this is guaranteed
  • (Fl) 0~160%
  • (Fa) 0~165%
Down throw > bair [DI] same as down throw > fair
  • (Fl) 0~100%
  • (Fa) 0~110%
Down throw > nair [DI] guaranteed
  • (Fl) 0~50%
  • (Fa) 0~50%
Fair > dash atk [DI] guaranteed
  • (Fl) 30~60%
  • (Fa) 50~80%
Up tilt > up air [DI] character dependent
  • (Fl) 0~15%
  • (Fa) 0~40%
Fair > grab [DI] guaranteed
  • (Fl) 0~40%
  • (Fa) 20~60%

• Modest difficulty

Fair > jab > grab [DI] guaranteed
  • (Fl) 20~50%
  • (Fa) 40~80%
Fair > fair [DI] guaranteed if opponent doesn't DI up and away
  • (Fl) 10~60%
  • (Fa) 25~70%
Down throw > nair > up air [DI] guaranteed if opponent doesn't DI up and away
  • (Fl) 0~10%
  • (Fa) 0~20
Down throw > nair > bair/ fair [DI] guaranteed if opponent doesn't DI up
  • (Fl) 0~30%
  • (Fa) 0~60%
Up tilt > up smash [DI] character dependent, guaranteed in most characters
  • (Fl) 20~30%
  • (Fa) 25~50%
Ac. dair > fair [DI] guaranteed
  • (Fl) 15~35%
  • (Fa) 30~65%
Bair > dash atk [DI] guaranteed if opponent doesn't DI up and away
  • (Fl) 10~45%
  • (Fa) 25~65%

• Difficult
Jab > nair [DI] guaranteed *kill confirm at 130%
  • (Fl) 90~120%
  • (Fa) 120~150%
Jab > bair [DI] ???
  • (Fl) 90~120%
  • (Fa) 120~150%
Jab > jab > dair *second jab may not be required on some characters* [DI] guaranteed string if opponent doesn't have a second jump
  • (Fl) 10~60%
  • (Fa) 30~80%
AC dair > bair [DI] guaranteed
  • (Fl) 15~55%
  • (Fa) 30~70%
AC dair > down smash [DI] guaranteed (believe it or not)
  • (Fl) 20~30
  • (Fa) 35~55
Down throw > nair > nair [DI] character dependent? Guaranteed if opponent doesn't DI up
  • (Fl) 0~10%
  • (Fa) 0~20%
Fair > AR jab lock *only works if tech is missed [DI] depends on missed tech or not technically can DI up to stall air time but hits the ground regardless
  • (Fl) 35%
  • (Fa) 35%
Jab > down throw > Fa nair > up tilt > up smash *Large characters mostly and some (Fa) characters [DI] guaranteed on characters with high jump squat frames uncertain if DI able
  • (Fl) 0%
  • (Fa) 0%
I hope this is useful for all who view the thread. If any more combos (modest reliability) pop up please share. (^_^)
[NOTE] more accurate %s later!

Last edited:

chris1855

Smash Cadet
NNID
mario1855
These arent difficult scrub

You forgot

AC Dair > F Smash

Fair > Grab

Uthrow > U Air

Jab > Dash Attack

Also mention DI

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
Up throw > up air rarely works but thanks for the others

chris1855

Smash Cadet
NNID
mario1855
Add AC Dair > Fair as well
Also Jab Jab > Footstool > AR Jab Lock is a thing at high percents
Bair > Dash Attack

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
Jab > footstool %s

Mario: 83~109%

Rosalina: 70~80%

Bowser. Jr 100~109%

Bowser 100~180% *can jab reset with AR from 113~180%*

Wario: 120~130%

DK: 90~100%

Diddy: impossible

G&W: 75~99% *can jab reset with AR if B reversed 75~90%

Little Mac: 90~100%

Link: 94~120% *can jab reset with b reversed AR but the window is a 110~115%

Sheik: 140% (don't even bother)

ZSS: 112~150%

Pikachu: 120~140%

Bayonetta: 125~140%
[TBC]

Last edited:

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
If you're standing right at the edge of battlefield facing in at very low percents, and simultaneously your opponent has a stroke and loses the part of their brain that knows what DI is, you can combo three nairs out of dthrow

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8WHKxcA3xnw

Only tested on Mario so far, haven't tested on Dreamland; slightly higher platforms could make ot easier or could make it impossible.

Attachments

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
If you're standing right at the edge of battlefield facing in at very low percents, and simultaneously your opponent has a stroke and loses the part of their brain that knows what DI is, you can combo three nairs out of dthrow

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8WHKxcA3xnw

Only tested on Mario so far, haven't tested on Dreamland; slightly higher platforms could make ot easier or could make it impossible.
Ah yes I almost forgot about this, it's easier to do on stages that have lower platforms because it makes ac nair easier, it works on all fast fallers and a few floaty characters. It is in fact harder to do on dream land because the platform height is higher and because whispy's wind box can mess you up.

I also got nair > nair > nair > up air to work before and it was a true combo (on Greninja) but I can only do it on battlefield, haven't tested miiverse

weare6789

Smash Rookie
NNID
weare6789
3DS FC
1075-0742-8614
I have been messing around with the jab footstool tech. If you are thinking about doing it in a real match it would be wise to do a footstool option select. You basically want to jab, then immediately input 2 jumps, then attack, then special. If you get the footstool, then the attack input is overridden by the special input, and you will get the AR jab lock. If you miss the footstool, the attack button comes out first and you will get a neutral air instead. This will not only be a safer option than a missed AR, but it also catches the jump out option. The only downside is if you get the footstool and you're not fast enough pressing special, you'll do a neutral air instead. I still think it is worth it if you do go for it.

Another unrelated thing I want to mention is that Palutena's up air Autocancel frames are longer than the FAF. This means you still have landing lag when the move is over. As an example, if you full hop up air with Palutena, you can jump out before you land, but if you do nothing, you will have landing lag. Something you can do to combat this is to forward air right before you land. If you fair 3 frames before landing, you will autocancel it, and have no landing lag. If you land 4 frames or more, then you will have Fair landing lag instead which is much better than uair lag. It is the same concept a A landing but you avoid lag instead of avoiding a tech. Some application of this would be to double jump uair slightly above the height of a platform, land on the platform with a forward air, and continue the uair string. I have not tested whether it would be a true combo yet, but at least it will give you more of an advantage.

lRasha

Smash Apprentice
kmpyj made a video a long while back with some Palutena combos. It starts at 15:13. Just thought it was worth watching and possibly some can be added. Also, I think he said he didn't mean to put "AC" for certain parts or something like that. He probably meant something else.

Last edited:

SonicNKnux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicNKnux
3DS FC
2251-4823-9526
Is this like a true combo thread or something? if not Dthrow>nair>uair works at early percentages, as will dthrow>fair>utilt...

weare6789

Smash Rookie
NNID
weare6789
3DS FC
1075-0742-8614
I got the jab to footstool percents for the rest of the cast. Keep in mind that these are general percents and if you are fast enough, you may be able to footstool at earlier percents. I tested both AR and B reversed AR on these characters and it only worked on a few. The only practical ones are Olimar, Kirby, Jiggs, G&W, Bowser, and Corrin

Jab Footstool Percents

Peach 80

Yoshi 78

Rosa 70

Zelda 80

Ganon 140

Toon Link 75

Samus 100

Pit 75 Can B reverse AR at 75 but won't lock

Palutena 93

Marth 90

Ike 110

Robin 93

DHD 84

Kirby 55-100 B reverse AR works at 55 (Kills at 60)

DDD 145 B reverse AR works at 160 (Nair is better Kill confirm)

Meta Knight 100

Fox 165

Falco 140

Charizard 108 B reverse AR at 138

Lucario 105 B reverse AR 125

Jiggs 12 B reverse AR at 25 (Kills at 53)

Greninja 158

Rob 97

ness 75

Captain Falcon 152

Villager 75

WFT 82

Shulk 105

Doc 102

Pac Man 78

Mega Man 123

Sonic 85

Mewtwo 58

Lucas 61

Roy 134

Ryu 112

Cloud 106

Corrin 98 AR locks at 119

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Dear Palutena mainer, dear Palutena players!

Sorry to post this but I need all of you.I think you all know of the counter problem with Lady Palutena. Thats why I prepared a video for you! I would develope more videos like that. Because of the counter bug its impossible to counter against the opponent. That can't be true!!!! In my opinion we should team upI My suggestion is that we write to Nintendo e-mails. What do you think?

Here is my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kvWQmtvw9I

You can spread it in Youtube, Facebook, Miiverse (Palutena >SUPPORT< Community). I'm online to tell you that. I need all of you to reach this aim. Bayonetta was nerfed (edited) too!

Do you agree? Another suggestions?

SonicNKnux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicNKnux
3DS FC
2251-4823-9526
Dear Palutena mainer, dear Palutena players!

Sorry to post this but I need all of you.I think you all know of the counter problem with Lady Palutena. Thats why I prepared a video for you! I would develope more videos like that. Because of the counter bug its impossible to counter against the opponent. That can't be true!!!! In my opinion we should team upI My suggestion is that we write to Nintendo e-mails. What do you think?

Here is my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kvWQmtvw9I

You can spread it in Youtube, Facebook, Miiverse (Palutena >SUPPORT< Community). I'm online to tell you that. I need all of you to reach this aim. Bayonetta was nerfed (edited) too!

Do you agree? Another suggestions?
You wanna call attention to that?
... Well, OK. Sure, I'll do anything.

I laughed like a crazy motherf*cker at that spike follow-up, that's just too funny lol.

Pit: "F*ck, that looked like it hurt from down he- I mean.... You all right?"

Last edited:
Top Bottom