• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palutena Stages Thread

mediyogurt

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone!

I've been trying to find out what stages are good or bad for her. I though that maybe I could make a stage to discuss it with other Petunia players.

So far, I really like Battlefield. From what I've seen, the platforms allow Palutena to zip around her opponent and out maneuver them. I also enjoy having the top platform. It lets me juggle them up high and go for early up air kills.

Last edited:

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Platforms are definitely good for her. I'm not sure if battlefield is especially good or if it's just what everyone is familiar with at this point.

I haven't played it much, but I found brinstar to be decent vs other projectile spammers. The uneven floor stops a lot of enemy projectiles, but because of autoreticle's angle, palu can still hit them. Camping out at the lower parts of the level give you a nice angle to land bairs on approaching enemies, too. An interesting thing about this stage is you can actually upB *through* the bottom, which may be a good thing or a bad thing depending on the matchup. Of course, this all depends on brinstar being legal, which it's currently in flux dependent on the TO.

mediyogurt

Smash Cadet
Brinstar isn't on the list at my local, but I'll keep an eye on it in case I go to a tourney featuring it. I do think Petunia benefits from unorthodox stage designs.

Do you think Yoshi's Island would be good since it also has an uneven base? I feel like you could easily attack someone from below if you got them up above the top platform, and it would be difficult to apporoach you from above.

Last edited:

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Yoshi's island is... questionable. Because of her bair, palutena likes attacking uphill, not downhill. This means your goal on that stage is to take control of center, rather than taking up camp near the edges, very different from how you would approach a stage like brinstar. Taking control of center requires a much more aggressive playstyle, which doesn't leave you much room to use your projectiles.

A palutena sitting center stage on yoshi's island is very hard to approach; her bair counters almost any attack. However, the opposite holds true when she's uphill from her opponent; bair will whiff more often than not, limiting her options. Additionally, autoreticle can miss really easily when fired downhill on this stage (further making edge camping a bad idea), and is... probably not much better being fired uphill. Finally, EF will fizzle if you don't jump first when you do it from downhill (it embeds itself into the ground), so that's something else to keep in mind.

Feel free to experiment and see if you like it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom