• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Paisy Nerfs

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
I tested Fair, B-throw, and Down-B pre and post patch; this is what I found:

The left is what percent I tested, the right is how far they were launched in training.

Fair sweetspot OLD
0% - 3m
100% - 19m

Fair sweetspot NEW
0% - 3m
100% -17.5m

B-throw OLD
0% - 3.5m
100% - 14m

B-throw NEW
0% - 3.5m
100% - 12.5m

Turnip OLD vs NEW
f36 > f39

Hopefully a dataminer can provide the exact changes to the moves' KBG, since it appears that the BKB was unchanged across the board. I'm still kicking myself that I didn't test fair's sourspot, as it also felt weaker in the games I played last night. We should all be thankful that our combo game wasn't touched at all.

All in all these aren't the end of the world. Don't let the placebo effect of these changes nerf the character more than the changes themselves. Enjoy playing Paisy and keep practicing those FC Nairs!

Last edited:

NeonNote

Smash Apprentice
So if I’m understanding this correctly, it now takes three additional frames until they are able to throw a turnip after plucking one?

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Thanks for this. Do you have data on Side Smash too? (Golf Club got buffed!) <3
I didn't bother to look at side-smash, mainly because I misunderstood the patch notes. I thought they meant that its range was increased, when in actuality its KB was.
So if I’m understanding this correctly, it now takes three additional frames until they are able to throw a turnip after plucking one?
Three additional frames until you are able to do anything after plucking one. It's not the end of the world, honestly.

P.Peach

Smash Rookie
I just wish they didn't nerf her Back throw, I'm fine with the nerf to her F-air but the back throw did not seem like that big of an issue to me. Also some buffs to her other smash attacks to make up for what she lost and switch up her playstyle and create new combos would be nice I guess. They did give her another kill tool in the golf club to replace two of her earlier kills that were nerfed but I feel they took a tad to much from her in general and need to roll a thing or two back and or some buffs like I previously mentioned.

Phatty

Smash Cadet
smash wiki has the exact numbers.

• Forward smash has more knockback scaling when using the golf club (61/63 → 65/68).
  • Forward aerial has less knockback scaling (78 (clean)/76 (sourspot) → 74/71).
  • Back throw has less knockback scaling (95 (throw)/200 (collateral) → 88/100), no longer KOing at reasonable percents.
  • Peach Bomber has more ending lag if it connects (FAF 19 → 25).
  • Peach Parasol's hits connect more reliably.
  • Vegetable has more ending lag (FAF 37 → 40).
https://www.ssbwiki.com/Peach_(SSBU)#Update_history

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
I just wish they didn't nerf her Back throw, I'm fine with the nerf to her F-air but the back throw did not seem like that big of an issue to me. Also some buffs to her other smash attacks to make up for what she lost and switch up her playstyle and create new combos would be nice I guess. They did give her another kill tool in the golf club to replace two of her earlier kills that were nerfed but I feel they took a tad to much from her in general and need to roll a thing or two back and or some buffs like I previously mentioned.
Golf club is still the worst angle of the three. That change only buffed bad players who don't know how to angle their smash attack.

Top Bottom