• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Paint art thread of ssb characters (Zeta)

BWG_Zeta

Smash Extrordinaire'
Hello and welcome to my paint art thread!
(My art sucks so please don't judge me)

I do all of these in paint but i may be moving to better programs like photoshop or bit-edit. Anyway, these were done purely for fun!
:smash:=work in progres :reverse:=complete!
Current goal: Do the origonal smash64 cast!
Goal requirements: (this may not be the order of completion)

:dk64:
:falcon64:
:fox64::smash:
:jigglypuff64: :reverse:
:kirby64: :reverse:
:link64:
:luigi64:
:mario64:
:ness64:
:pikachu64::reverse:
:samus64:
:yoshi64::reverse:

UPDATES:
Edit(3/23/15): Finished jigglypuff! Decided to do the easy characters first! Fox is next!
Edit(3/24/15): finished up YOSHI in class today! Hopefully I'll have the fox one done by this afternoon.
Edit(3/27/15): @ SuperCoffeeBros SuperCoffeeBros I just finished pikachu! Fox is being re worked and all I have to do on SAMUS is recolor her. Hopefully those two will be up later today.
Edit(3/29/15): been working on samus (decided to add more detail) and the fox is pretty much reworked and done. I'll be uploading and posting both of those soon. I drew ness on paper to get the feel of what his paint edition might be like. Overall it seemed pretty easy, but the hands are a bit of trouble. I might do a different pose for his paint version.

COMPLETED WORK:
KIRBY:

JIGGLYPUFF:

Jigglypuff rest ALT:

YOSHI:

Hand drawn SAMUS:

PIKACHU:

Hand drawn NESS:

I hope you like my garbage art!
Much much more coming soon!

(accepting constructive criticism and requests)​

Last edited:

BWG_Zeta

Smash Extrordinaire'
I draw like a 2 year old.
This would've been an edit but it needs to be said...here, and now of all places.
Still developing that pixely art style. #update

SuperCoffeeBros

The Better, Faster, Cheaper Custom Controller
It would be fun to see your Pikachu one. The Kirby isn't round, but your drawings are a style of its own!

BWG_Zeta

Smash Extrordinaire'
Lol, yea for YOSHI and Jiggs I used the actual shape tool in paint. But I like the edgyness of Kirby! It adds kind of an odd aesthetic to it. Idk what it is but I like it. I enjoy making these for me, they're mostly for me. But I am interested in extending this talent and perhaps making videos and time lapses in the future. Anyway thanks for the feeback :) and il be doing pika either before or after I finish this fox! I really appreciate the response

smashman!

Smash Cadet
It needs work but not the "worst" my friend.

Have you thought about trying the art institutes?

BWG_Zeta

Smash Extrordinaire'
It needs work but not the "worst" my friend.

Have you thought about trying the art institutes?
Ahaha I know. It's pure garb :p
I really have no interest in pursuing art, as you can see I have no natural gift for it. This is more or less just a fun little project for me, and I can also build up my skills. Nonetheless thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it!

BWG_Zeta

Smash Extrordinaire'
dont go to the art institutes.
source: graduated from AiP.
The source checks out. Ahaha, I won't be doing that. Really the main reason I am working on art SkillZ is for sprite work that I'm going to start doing for my games. This is really just meant to be a learning experience for me

LonerCrisis

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sparkyysheep
This is why the 64 community is like Jesus tier, you guys are so chill and instead of full on assaulting his art you actually give him tips. I love the melee and tr4sh (smash4) community but the 64 one is so chill and nice. I could just live here. Anyway, I came here cause I would love to revive the community because the last competitive 64 tourney I went to was in summer 2015 and it was apart of a tournament labeled "Super Smash Bros Generations" for the release of smash4. That seemed to be the last 64 tourney I've seen in months, roughly a year.

Top Bottom