• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PacMan training mode stuff (simple video)

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
I just did a few things in Training mode, so I felt like sharing. It seems like PacMan has a lot of potential in Ultimate. I haven't seen anyone really do strategies with his new fruit recycling mechanic, so I thought I'd do a few bits on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUeM7IRNms4

Hydrant launch angles have changed. Hydrant (Launch with Melon -> Dair recatch Melon) seems like a great ledge-guard tool, leaving Melon in hand (for Z-drop, Down-Throw, or recycle-throw).

Fair->Fair gimps are done at far earlier percents: like 30% or so. Fair->Fair->(Fair)->Key seems like a good potential way to get a lethal blow in, or at least force opponents to air-dodge when far out of the stage.

Hydrant -> Bair -> Jab1 (far hitbox) reliably throws the hydrant backwards. There's a close hitbox on Jab1 which throws the hydrant forwards. The backwards jab seems excellent as a potential ledge-trap or 2-frame punisher.

Galaxian -> UAir (recatch) seems to have a lot of combo potential. In Smash4, there was a difficult to execute true combo into a 2nd Galaxian throw, but the Galaxian-recatch would be important to recharge up to key during the midgame.

UThrow -> UAir -> UAir is a true and easy combo in training mode.

Pacman's FSmash is way faster and way more powerful however. Hopefully Pac-Mains figure out reliable combo setups into the Key or FSmash. PacMan's combo potential seems pretty decent (not Luigi level or anything...) the only issue is figuring out a kill combo or sequence. Galaxian -> Side-B does work as a combo, but not at kill-percents.

Side-B seems like a solid kill move, if you can somehow pull it off. I'm not creative enough to come up with a potential application however.

----------

Neutral B -> cancel seems a touch faster than before. But do NOT enter shield state, shield-state is severely nerfed in Smash Ultimate. Gotta practice flicking that R or L button nice and quickly to put away fruit-charges more quickly.

Last edited:

BodhiTree23

Smash Rookie
holy crap man, i didn't know you could charge a fruit that you re-caught, does that make it able to be caught again afterwards?

EDIT: just labbed it, you can catch the re-charged fruit again. This would be super helpful for melon re-catch galaxian or bell to re-catch again for more shield pressure. If you charge fruit then cancel charge it puts the fruit away for later use too, that way because you cant z-drop or anything, you can still use the same fruit for a combo again, and re-catch it. Put it away, and pull it back out. As long as you charge neutral b for a second and cancel it you can use the same fruit over and over. i think im gonna make a vid on this, it'd just be good information to be available to pac-mains.

Second Edit: As long as you throw the projectile using the b button, it can be picked back up as many times as you want. Just can't throw it with the a button and re-catch the fruit. i dont think this will be super useful but it's deferentially helpful for hydrant setups and shield pressure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom