• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac-Man's costumes are a missed opportunity.

Astroking112

Smash Cadet
I love playing as Pac-Man, but every time I look at his alternate colors, I can't help but be disappointed. We have many Pac-Man characters that might not deserve their own moveset (considering how he encompasses many arcade classics), but it would be great to see a Koopalings scenario where his alts include Ms. Pac-Man, Pac-Man Jr., Professor Pac-Man, and all of the other extended cast of characters.

Sure, most of these characters started out as Western bootlegs, but Namco has basically adopted them as being canon at this point (Ms. Pac-Man is the prime example, but we also see the other characters in games like the Pac-Man World series). It'd certainly be better than seeing minor changes to his gloves and boots...

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I so agree, Pac-Man unfortunately has the worst line up of alt costumes in my opinion.

I would have loved to have Ms Pac-Man as an alt. Seems like Namco are more strict about keeping him looking the same at all times. It's also really bad for 8 player mode with all Pac-Mans cause it gets confusing.

Astroking112

Smash Cadet
It's even more disappointing because, just like the Koopalings, there are a ton of potential characters that don't really warrant even an Echo Fighter. Ms. Pac-Man is the main one that I could see getting that status, but I'd honestly just be fine with them as costumes given how the moveset works.

Top Bottom