• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Waaaaaait guys.

Is this some sort of weird semi-social thread turned somewhat competitive? I don't really get what it's supposed to be. Or is it a Q&A I've slept on since I joined o,0 ? If someone could help me on this.

And hum... assuming this isn't one, do we really not have a social pac thread?
It's pretty much an "Everything" thread, which TBH is kind of the best kind of social thread.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
You know Freaky Melon?

The killing Fruit, but with two weaknesses? (It's slow speed and weird trajectory)
Catching and throwing it NEGATES those weaknesses.
When thrown down or up, it goes fast and in a straight line. And bounces on the ground. (Yay for traps!)

The uses?

1. Throw a Melon down to the ledge and watch people die
2. Throw a Melon down while on the ground and watch people get off you (and die)
3. Throw a Melon down while juggled. Watch people die
4. Throw up a Melon, throw someone in it and watch him die

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
I've heard a lot of talk of "using pellets to block moves". Two questions - in what kind of situations is this most handy, and what kind of things can it block? Just about any projectile?

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I've heard a lot of talk of "using pellets to block moves". Two questions - in what kind of situations is this most handy, and what kind of things can it block? Just about any projectile?
When an opponent is spamming their projectiles from mid range or farther, or if they are trying to gain a follow up from said projectile. Helps a ton against mario, Luigi, ZSS, and Rosa's laser star bit.

It blocks every projectile except for ones that can travel through it like metal blade.

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
You know Freaky Melon?

The killing Fruit, but with two weaknesses? (It's slow speed and weird trajectory)
Catching and throwing it NEGATES those weaknesses.
When thrown down or up, it goes fast and in a straight line. And bounces on the ground. (Yay for traps!)

The uses?

1. Throw a Melon down to the ledge and watch people die
2. Throw a Melon down while on the ground and watch people get off you (and die)
3. Throw a Melon down while juggled. Watch people die
4. Throw up a Melon, throw someone in it and watch him die
This is interesting, actually. You might have to chase off-stage for it but this would be good for after a KO.

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
Hey,

''The fourth wave of amiibo will be released in Japan on April 29, 2015, and in Europe on April 24, 2015, and elsewhere in the world at an unspecified date in spring 2015.''

This means that we'll get an amiibo for this guy soon:

:4charizard:,:4lucina:, :4ness:, :4robinf:, and :4wario2:will also come out at the same time. Pre-orders don't seem to be available yet.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Hey,

''The fourth wave of amiibo will be released in Japan on April 29, 2015, and in Europe on April 24, 2015, and elsewhere in the world at an unspecified date in spring 2015.''

So excited for that one. After him, Palutena, and Duck Hunt, I'll be done with my amiibo collection.

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
Hey,

:4charizard:,:4lucina:, :4ness:, :4robinf:, and :4wario2:will also come out at the same time. Pre-orders don't seem to be available yet.
Man I'm so crossing my fingers that Pac ain't balls to the walls rare.

I could still pick him up at a local store but I don't want to destroy my wallet.

I already want Ness, so I'm going to be losing money no matter what

Frycicle

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, brand new to the forums, Ive lurked here a bit since Ive started maining Pacman and thought I should join in the discussions. Nice to meet you all!

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
Hey guys, brand new to the forums, Ive lurked here a bit since Ive started maining Pacman and thought I should join in the discussions. Nice to meet you all!
Welcome aboard! Always good to see more Pac-Mains, feel free to talk about whatever and indulge yourself in all the Pac-Man this sub-board has to offer!

Oven Mitts Pac-Man only, get those 80's sleeves outta heeere

Last edited:

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
Hey, happy to see you here! It's always nice to see new Pac players :) Feel free to ask if you need anything and participate in the discussions.

Edit: @ Galaxian Galaxian just ninja'd me ._.

Last edited:

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
Hey, happy to see you here! It's always nice to see new Pac players :) Feel free to ask if you need anything and participate in the discussions.

Edit: @ Galaxian Galaxian just ninja'd me ._.
You gotta be quick for these things.

Anyways, man I wish there was more inspiration for Pac-Man's just..general rep in Smash than Pac-Land. All we got from Pac-Man World in general was Flip Kick - man if some of his taunts or idles were like the idle animations in Pac-Man World 1/2, like the dot juggling ones, that'd be sick. Not to mention some of the great music in that game.

B-Doing Woods was really, really good. I need to go find a copy of Pac-Man World 2 again, I want to play that game all over again...

Last edited:

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
You gotta be quick for these things.

Anyways, man I wish there was more inspiration for Pac-Man's just..general rep in Smash than Pac-Land. All we got from Pac-Man World in general was Flip Kick - man if some of his taunts or idles were like the idle animations in Pac-Man World 1/2, like the dot juggling ones, that'd be sick. Not to mention some of the great music in that game.

B-Doing Woods was really, really good.
You beat me by mere seconds, pff.

Anyway, to be completely honest, I've never played any Pacman games before. *shameless*

I know who he is, because everyone and their mothers know Pacman, but I guess I was too young when Pac was relevant. I have no clue about where his moves come from. I play him in smash solely because I love his gameplay, so I can't really judge if they did a good job with the references ://

Last edited:

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
You beat me by mere seconds, pff.

Anyway, to be completely honest, I've never played any Pacman games before. *shameless*

I know who he is, because everyone and their mothers know Pacman, but I guess I was too young when Pac was relevant. I have no clue about where his moves come from. I play him in smash solely because I love his gameplay, so I can't really judge if they did a good job with the references ://
Well it's mostly just Namco all over, so it's not that bad. But really, there's not much outside of Pac-Land rep for ol' Pac-Man.

A Toc-Man trophy would've been nice, even. I just really like that power-pellet taunt in PMW1 or that juggle taunt in PMW2.

Plus I want more representation for one of my favorite Gamecube titles, damn it.

Last edited:

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
I think it was in the Zelda thread (lol), not sure, but someone pointed out somewhere that Pac has the worst alts from every character in the game. I gotta agree with this. Being able to play a version of the retro-super-simple Pac would have been cool. That's literally the only thing I know of Pac, but still.

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
I think it was in the Zelda thread (lol), not sure, but someone pointed out somewhere that Pac has the worst alts from every character in the game. I gotta agree with this. Being able to play a version of the retro-super-simple Pac would have been cool. That's literally the only thing I know of Pac, but still.
I agree with you there. Sleeves aren't TOO bad but man I wish there was something else.

Not even green sleeves. That's what upset me the most about that. At least we have oven mitts.

Like at the very LEAST I expected a Pac-Land alt, but...really?

Last edited:

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
Haha all black represent! I either use that or the yellow sleeves, never liked the oven mitts.

Maybe if Sakurai is feeling nice we'll get a DLC with something? It doesn't hurt to dream.

Last edited:

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
Haha all black represent! I either use that or the yellow sleeves, never liked the oven mitts.

Maybe if Sakurai is feeling nice we'll get a DLC with something? It doesn't hurt to dream.
THEM'S FIGHTING WORDS

Maybe. Who knows? I felt Namco was a little strict which is why we got sleeves. It's weird, though.

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
THEM'S FIGHTING WORDS

Maybe. Who knows? I felt Namco was a little strict which is why we got sleeves. It's weird, though.
That's probably why tbh. After all he's not a Nintendo character. Sonic and Megaman ain't either, and they got nice alts, so I don't know. But it wouldn't surprise me. At least I'm glad they could put him in the game with the moveset he has, everything else is a bonus for me.

Spirst

Yeah, I think it's the 3rd party thing that makes it harder to get real good alts. Sonic has some differentiation but it isn't too much. You'd think there'd be a Shadow palette or something. Mega Ma

Colin, how could you hate oven mitts though? DO YOU WANT ME TO BAN YOU FROM THIS BOARD?

I hated the sleeves at first but quite like it now. Pac doesn't have alts that make you think "WOAH THIS IS NICE" but I've come around to liking them all the same, subtle as they are.

Last edited:

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
Yeah, I think it's the 3rd party thing that makes it harder to get real good alts. Sonic has some differentiation but it isn't too much. You'd think there'd be a Shadow palette or something. Mega Ma

Colin, how could you hate oven mitts though? DO YOU WANT ME TO BAN YOU FROM THIS BOARD?

I hated the sleeves at first but quite like it now. Pac doesn't have alts that make you think "WOAH THIS IS NICE" but I've come around to liking them all the same, subtle as they are.
I'd probably switch to main Sonic if Shadow was an alt and/or his SideB was called Sonic Boom, not kidding.

As for the mitts, hum... I don't really know. I guess a goofy alt on an already goofy character is too much goofy for me. If there's such a thing as too much goofy. Since I'm a total badass, I use them when I feel like dissrespecting someone in a sublte manner, so I have to give them credit for that though!

Last edited:

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
Hello everyone. After playing with Pac-Man a lot. I'm considering of making him my new primary Main. Switching Duck Hunt as Secondary. Mainly because I seem to last somewhat longer with Pac-Man and I'm doing more well with him. Also I seem to be enjoying Pac-Man the more I play with him.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
Hi guys!

I have a question for you.

How will you call this tech? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsTRmx45h8M

I am doing a video explaining how to do it , but I called it: Hydrant throught platforms or... Hydrant Teleport and I don't like it. Any ideas? It would be appreciated.

Jay-kun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Apple first~<3
Hi guys!

I am doing a video explaining how to do it , but I called it: Hydrant throught platforms or... Hydrant Teleport and I don't like it. Any ideas? It would be appreciated.
Lol your late as always man :[ Isn't that just hydrant thru stage again? I dont think it matters if it is a platform or not.

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
Hi guys!

It is not a new tech to the forums, if you want a name for it, calling it a Platform Hydrant would be sufficient.

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
Hi guys!

What I wanna know is can you use that through Battlefield platforms? That'd be mad useful.

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
What I wanna know is can you use that through Battlefield platforms? That'd be mad useful.
You can, it works on any surface, even through stages to stage spike from underneath. The timing is rough and only seems to work after an aerial.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
I know it isn't a new tech, but I know how to do it and I'll explain it on the new video. I think that I'll be the first explaining it...

When I did the kill I tried to reproduce it, and now, I know how to do it.

It works everywhere, platforms or not.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
It is not a new tech to the forums, if you want a name for it, calling it a Platform Hydrant would be sufficient.
Nah bruh, if there isn't canceling in the name, it isn't real tech.

Hydrant platform wave canceling extreme 64 AE edition.

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
Nah bruh, if there isn't canceling in the name, it isn't real tech.

Hydrant platform wave canceling extreme 64 AE edition.
I think Platform Cancelled Hydrant would suffice.

It's platform cancelled because the Hydrant doesn't give a **** about the platform and essentially "cancels" it's existence.

Also sigged because that is probably one of the best things I've ever read.

Last edited:
Top Bottom