• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

DilowcsNollsnn

Smash Rookie
I think Pac-Man is actually a good choice for a 3rd party character because he is pretty much a recognizable as Mario and Link, something that needs to be considered with 3rd party characters in SSB, I don't want some obscure character most people don't know from Tekken or Soul Calibur when we could have mother f*cking Pack-Man!

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
did you even read everything I said? anything can happen.

it just might not be as likely as you think. I do want Snake and Sonic to reappear, but you can't take that as granted, same goes for Pac-Man.
There should be a rule in which one could say to disagree on certain characters, but without the need of placing lack of respect on tha characters and users. Like for example:

"I am sorry, but I disagree with this character being in Smash because... I know this thread is to support him but just wanted to say why it is a bad idea, no offense to anyone."

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would think a (useable) Pac-Man stage would look more like this:

This of course represents more of a traditional Pac-Man feel, which is probably what we'd see. I just threw this together, so it's far from a 'polished' look, but I hope you get the idea.
TBH I would rather have a state that has more of the spirit from the game it's from than a stage solely for the purpose of competitive fighting

MechaWave

Smash Champion
With Namco Bandai being a developer, it's safe to expect Pac-Man as a third-party character. He's a highly recognizable figure in video game history, and his potential is pretty high (of course, that's always up to the developers, they can always mess SOMETHING up with ideas.)

Let's face it, many would be SURPRISED if he's not in the next installment.

Polimario

Smash Cadet
NNID
Polimario
3DS FC
4425-1491-7986

I made a Pac-Man recolor (and "Ms." costume) that you can add to the first post, if you want :)

Maybe I should add a "Dark Pac-Man"? hahah
Looks good, but that seems to be a tad bit too identical to Kirby's costumes, mainly the green and blue ones.

Maybe a costume that resemble's Toc-Man, perhaps? Both Pac and Toc have identical body shape, a Toc-Man costume isn't that far-fetched.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
did you even read everything I said? anything can happen.

it just might not be as likely as you think. I do want Snake and Sonic to reappear, but you can't take that as granted, same goes for Pac-Man.
I read what you said man. Of course anything can happen but you stated that Snake and Sonic are unlikely to return. I just disagree with that.

Not sure why people are calling me a troll for disagreeing Pacman being in the game. We're here to discuss his chance of being on the roster. This isn't necessarily a fan body thread for him. Let's be realistic and discuss his potential and likeliness of being in smash.

Just because Namco is involved in development doesn't guarantee Pacman being in or even any Namco character. When did it become a default response for 3rd party developers to put their mascot in a game they're working on without question?

I honestly can't see Pacman in. He wasn't a highly requested 3rd party last time and the only reason people want him in now is because they think he's actually got a chance because of Namco's involvement. Can't we just stick do supporting supporting more worthy 3rd parties that have more potential. The pacman world games are just awful and they don't live up to the classic arcade pacman they are based off of. I'd think Namco would choose another one of their characters over pacman if they decide to include any.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I read what you said man. Of course anything can happen but you stated that Snake and Sonic are unlikely to return. I just disagree with that.

Not sure why people are calling me a troll for disagreeing Pacman being in the game. We're here to discuss his chance of being on the roster. This isn't necessarily a fan body thread for him. Let's be realistic and discuss his potential and likeliness of being in smash.

Just because Namco is involved in development doesn't guarantee Pacman being in or even any Namco character. When did it become a default response for 3rd party developers to put their mascot in a game they're working on without question?

I honestly can't see Pacman in. He wasn't a highly requested 3rd party last time and the only reason people want him in now is because they think he's actually got a chance because of Namco's involvement. Can't we just stick do supporting supporting more worthy 3rd parties that have more potential. The pacman world games are just awful and they don't live up to the classic arcade pacman they are based off of. I'd think Namco would choose another one of their characters over pacman if they decide to include any.
You can't tell us to stick to other 3rd parties if there are people who would love pac-man to be in. He actually was highly requested and all of the pacman world games had high ratings (world 1 got 7.6/10. world 2 got 8/10 and became an nintendo selects for the gamecube, platinum hits title for x-box, and gold hits for ps2) and were praised for gameplay and musical score. And there were fans of pacman not because of his likelyness in ssb4, not because of his popularity, but because of how fun a character he is. This is a thread to explain likeliness of course, so why can't a highly known namco character with tons of potential not have a chance over silly 3rd parties like ryu, proffessor layton, and the latter of them? And Pac-Man ruining the smash series? 0_o If that were true than ryu would put them out of business. I thought we were supposed to state opinions and not over exaggerate. And to state crude biased opinions like that on an over 90% fan thread, is trolling.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Pacman would be a ******** choice and would ruin the smash series if he was put in ssb4.
Okay, your point/proof=??? You called this a "character thread," and you state your opinion without giving a reason other than you think your opinion is better than all others.
I honestly can't see Pacman in.
I honestly couldn't see Solid Snake in Smash 3. But he was. (and literally all of your points just in your mind disprove fairly solid evidence Pac-Man will be playable)
He wasn't a highly requested 3rd party last time
He was highly requested for Brawl. Not anywhere near as Sonic (nobody was; not even Wario or Diddy) or as popular as the very much wanted Mega Man, but still pretty popular.
the only reason people want him in now is because they think he's actually got a chance because of Namco's involvement.
Nope. I've been riding the Pac-Man (dark) horse since Smash 4 was announced. Maybe if you did some research, you wouldn't come across as ignorant.
Can't we just stick do supporting supporting more worthy 3rd parties that have more potential.
Define "worthy" and "more potential" and give examples. Quite frankly, it's hard to be more "worthy" than the most recognizable video game character not in smash bros. yet! :laugh:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

I made a Pac-Man recolor (and "Ms." costume) that you can add to the first post, if you want :)

why not putting pink as a color, make the red color less orange and more like a vivid tone of red and make a lighter color of blue as a reference to the ghosts?

I also like the idea of a Ms. Pac-Man costume. perhaps it could be a separate one like Wario, with a set of colors of its own?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
well, it's been awhile since I posted this, but i'm just gonna repost this here... so someone can make a moveset (goodness knows i don't have the time or drive to)

TRIVIA
Mario creater, Shigeru Miyamoto, has stated that Pac-Man is his favorite video game character.
Pac-Man and Mario share a huge rivalry. The names however have a big comparisson as Mario was originally known as "Jumpman" sounding similar to "Pac-Man".
Miyamoto developed Pac-Man Vs. for the Gamecube.

[COLLAPSE="Taken from PacMan's Wikia page"]Abilities

Pac-Man has different abilities on his own and from Power Ups found in the Pac-Man World games.

Butt Bounce

This attack can be used by jumping with the X button, then pressing it again while in air. There is a rare power-up where if the player touches it, Pac-Man gains the ability to do a Super Butt Bounce where if the player does the control for a normal butt bounce, a huge explosion will occur and any enemies in a certain radius will be terminated. It can only be used once per power-up.

Rev Roll

Pac-Man will run in place at a high speed and releasing the button will have him roll into a ball in any direction in which he is pointed. Using the Rev Roll on a ramp will send him high into the air. It can be used to destroy most enemies.

Pac-Dot Shoot

If Pac-Man has at least one Pac-Dot he can shoot one from his hand like a bullet and damage enemies.

Super Pac-Dot Shoot

This attack is a stronger form of the previous attack. To use this attack, hold down the O button and Pac-Man will do the exact same thing, except he will spin around and then shoot a huge blast of Pac-Dots from his hand. There is also a requirement for this attack. Pac-Man must have at least 10 Pac-Dots to use it.

Swim

If Pac-Man enters water, he instantly floats on the water. To go underwater, press and hold the triangle button. To go back to the surface, press and hold the X button. Pac-Man can do a dolphin flip if you jump out of the water while holding the X button.

Flip Kick

By jumping in the air, and pressing the Square or X buttons, Pac-Man jumps in the air, and flips with his foot extended. This can be used to smash high up boxes.

Steel Body

Using the Steel Ball Power Up, Pac-Man's body will become steel and he can't hardly be damaged. He can stand on fire and walk across lava.

Tiny Pac/Shrink Pellet

Using the Shrink Pellet Pac-Man will shrink in size and will be able to go through small doors. But enemies can squish him like a bug. Pac-Man is very good at using this ability. It is very uncommon for him to be attacked when he is very small.

In Pac-Man World 3

In this game, the Butt Bounce, the Rev Roll and the Flip Kick are also used.

Punch

Using the O or B button, Pac-Man can punch at enemies.

Electro Shock

With the Electro-Shock Power Pellet, Pac-Man can also perform an Electric Shock with the same button command. Pac-Man will be able to shoot electricity from his hands and can damage or stun enemies.

Triple Butt Bounce

If you hit the X or A button 4 times, Pac-Man will preform a Triple Butt Bounce. A small shockwave comes out of Pac-Man. It can kill up to 2 enemies at a time.[/COLLAPSE]

Alright... someone make a moveset.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Out of curiosity, I watched a Pacman gameplay video from Tekken vs. Capcom and I can tell you that his perpetual smile is unnerving.

He gets my vote.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm shocked that none of you said that the Final Smash should turn everyone into ghosts (instead of just turning blue) that can move up, left, down, and right and Pacman becomes his retro puck version and moves the same and at the same speed, but they cannot go through objects, and thus you are temporarily playing Pac-Man and trying to trap them for KO's. In this way, a Pac Man stage that has tunnels would be... just way too much fun.

At any rate, I've made a Pac-Man set before in brief example form somewhere, but I'll just delineate another one for fun, and hell, I'll come out of the closet and say I'd welcome him in. The fact that he is more recognizable than Mario by a percentage is amazing, it hits a market of not only fans but the general populous that are aware of his existence.

What people propose as a recovery is really nice, unique, and I wouldn't suggest anything else. As a Downward Special, I can't say the Butt bounce is something I want to include, simply because we have Bowser and Yoshi who have moves that appear exactly like that in the same slot. Perhaps as a Down Aerial where he plummets down like Zamus, Sonic, Sheik, Toon Link, etc. However, the move that involves him running in place could go here. It is similar to other moves as well, but doesn't seem as exact as the Butt Bounce. With it he can travel faster and run into enemies as an initiator.

The neutral special being Chomp sounds familiar (Wario?), and I feel that his Standard attacks would be filled with bites, in fact Chomp can be his Forward Smash (another biting move could be his dash where he floats a bit into the air and chomps quickly, biting through characters). His special could involve pellets easily, and they are very signature to him. Perhaps, firing pellets from his mouth? I like that than shooting out of his hands, despite that being what he actually does. It can go either way though, just a preference. His Side Special can fittingly be a powerful attack, such as Electro Shock, where he sends electricity in some manner in front of him.

Good? Bad? Wrong? Badong?

As for Trollhouse, you weren't called a troll because of your stance, but the way in which you portrayed it. It is perfectly okay to not support him.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Pac-Man is nearly a lock IMO. I would be surprised if he isn't in the next installment.

He should be a lot of fun as well. I have 4 3rd party characters in the next Smash which are: Sonic, Megaman, Pac-Man, and Snake. Although I can see Snake being dropped because of PSAS.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Pac-Man is nearly a lock IMO. I would be surprised if he isn't in the next installment.

He should be a lot of fun as well. I have 4 3rd party characters in the next Smash which are: Sonic, Megaman, Pac-Man, and Snake. Although I can see Snake being dropped because of PSAS.
Pac-Man is my number 1 choice for a Namco-Bandai rep.

I'm starting to worry though...

Especially with an important developer from Namco-Bandai coming out and saying he's been hearing people say "Will you add Tekken characters??" more than anything else, is a little unsettling. Hopefully this is only because he's a big Tekken developer outside of smash haha

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Butt Bounce not being Down B? well, if you played PacMan World 3, you will see his Triple Bounce is perfect for down B with the super butt bounce (the one that does a shockwave) could be a charged down B... when pacman does the butt bounce, he can move in the direction he chooses for up to 3 bounces. can bowser or yoshi do that?

Neutral B should be Rev Roll, Up B... ehhh... pellet chomp? side B, Electro Shock? i think it might be weird for people who didn't play PacMan World 3... so Pac-Dot Shoot is fine.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
well, it's been awhile since I posted this, but i'm just gonna repost this here... so someone can make a moveset (goodness knows i don't have the time or drive to)

TRIVIA
Mario creater, Shigeru Miyamoto, has stated that Pac-Man is his favorite video game character.
Pac-Man and Mario share a huge rivalry. The names however have a big comparisson as Mario was originally known as "Jumpman" sounding similar to "Pac-Man".
Miyamoto developed Pac-Man Vs. for the Gamecube.

[COLLAPSE="Taken from PacMan's Wikia page"]Abilities

Pac-Man has different abilities on his own and from Power Ups found in the Pac-Man World games.

Butt Bounce

This attack can be used by jumping with the X button, then pressing it again while in air. There is a rare power-up where if the player touches it, Pac-Man gains the ability to do a Super Butt Bounce where if the player does the control for a normal butt bounce, a huge explosion will occur and any enemies in a certain radius will be terminated. It can only be used once per power-up.

Rev Roll

Pac-Man will run in place at a high speed and releasing the button will have him roll into a ball in any direction in which he is pointed. Using the Rev Roll on a ramp will send him high into the air. It can be used to destroy most enemies.

Pac-Dot Shoot

If Pac-Man has at least one Pac-Dot he can shoot one from his hand like a bullet and damage enemies.

Super Pac-Dot Shoot

This attack is a stronger form of the previous attack. To use this attack, hold down the O button and Pac-Man will do the exact same thing, except he will spin around and then shoot a huge blast of Pac-Dots from his hand. There is also a requirement for this attack. Pac-Man must have at least 10 Pac-Dots to use it.

Swim

If Pac-Man enters water, he instantly floats on the water. To go underwater, press and hold the triangle button. To go back to the surface, press and hold the X button. Pac-Man can do a dolphin flip if you jump out of the water while holding the X button.

Flip Kick

By jumping in the air, and pressing the Square or X buttons, Pac-Man jumps in the air, and flips with his foot extended. This can be used to smash high up boxes.

Steel Body

Using the Steel Ball Power Up, Pac-Man's body will become steel and he can't hardly be damaged. He can stand on fire and walk across lava.

Tiny Pac/Shrink Pellet

Using the Shrink Pellet Pac-Man will shrink in size and will be able to go through small doors. But enemies can squish him like a bug. Pac-Man is very good at using this ability. It is very uncommon for him to be attacked when he is very small.

In Pac-Man World 3

In this game, the Butt Bounce, the Rev Roll and the Flip Kick are also used.

Punch

Using the O or B button, Pac-Man can punch at enemies.

Electro Shock

With the Electro-Shock Power Pellet, Pac-Man can also perform an Electric Shock with the same button command. Pac-Man will be able to shoot electricity from his hands and can damage or stun enemies.

Triple Butt Bounce

If you hit the X or A button 4 times, Pac-Man will preform a Triple Butt Bounce. A small shockwave comes out of Pac-Man. It can kill up to 2 enemies at a time.[/COLLAPSE]

Alright... someone make a moveset.
Here we go...

B- Pellet Powers- pac-man either uses the electro shock pellet to shoot electrical beams at opponents in the form of a projectile, turns into metal with the steel ball pellet and become reduces damage from attacks, reduces knockback from attacks, and makes him heavier for 10 seconds, or he can turn tiny for 10 seconds ith the tiny pellet to avoid hits while keeping his normal strength. The move can be alternated by holding B.

Side B: Rev Roll- Pac-Man charges up a run in place and like Ike's side B, you are fully charged after about 3 seconds and you roll into the opponent after you release B. Has decent knockback like Ike's side B. But, like in pacman world 2 opponents running at pac-man while Pac-Man rolls toward them, is not only blasted away with high knock back, but dazed for 3 seconds as if they were hit with a deku nut. Does 17% if fully charged.

Down B: Butt Bounce- Pac-Man jumps up and bounces back down with his...Butt. Can be use 3 times in a row after the first bounce. Meteor smashes in mid-air, and on the ground the 3rd hit buries opponents as if hit by a pit fall. Can be moved side to side across the whole stage. 1st hit does 9%, 2nd does 10%, and 3rd does 17%.

Up B: Red Pac-Dot- Pac-Man throws out a red pac dot and eats it. When he does a line of pac-dots form in mid air. You can control where the pac-dots turn. It can also latch onto the stage. Pac-Man eats the dots as fast as a fire fox's speed. Opponents can be hurt if they touch Pac-Man's mouth while eating.

This is my moveset rom an earlier comment. I just changed the nuetral B move. ;)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm surprised no one mentioned the Pellet Slingshot from Pac Man 2 on the Genesis.

Plus, Robo Pac Man from the first Pac Man World should totally be his alternate costume.

:phone:

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord

I don't know if I would like Ms. Pacman as an alternate color for Pacman. But there you got a point: Why not make him wearing hats/caps/helmets, a different color for his gloves and feet, and a different kind of yellow as alts? It worked very well for Pikachu.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I don't think there being a Ms. Pacman is a problem, its not like Pacman makes any normal noises anyhow, it'd probably just be "waka-waka" like sounds. She makes them too.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hmmm...Pac-Man. I like the guy, and he'd definitely fit. I've only ever played the Arcade version (and the Google version), as well as Pac-Man World 2 (I was pretty young, so I didn't get very far. Some Butane level...). I'll just say, if any Namco character gets in, I'm betting on Pac-Man.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well, whatevs, they can get away with making noises, which was my point. XP

And yeah, until now, demand was small, though it was there. When it was brought up in the old SSB4 thread before Namco Bandai was confirmed to be helping Sakurai, people didn't hate the idea so much when it was mentioned. I think some said he was boring though.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
In pac-man world 3, he and mrs.pac-man can talk. :smirk:
Still, it would make Pacman look like a crossdresser.
if I had to choose I'd rather have Ms. Pacman as another character.
Have you ever seen her looking in the Atary Cartdrige?

Man! It's waaay better than her Hanna & Barbera counterpart!

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
I hope Pac-Man gets in with the annoying fanbase asking for tekken characters. :-(
While I do think Yoshimitsu would be a good choice with his sword coptering and sword pogoing and all it's looking unlikely now with the interview from the guy from NB. As much as I love Yoshimitsu as a character (More of a Mitsurugi fan as far as playstyle in Soul Calibur) Pac-Man does make more sense for Smash. I wouldn't entirely mind seeing both though. Then again from a history and play mechanics stand point Simon Belmont makes a whole lot more sense than Snake for a Konami rep but Snake came in for personal reasons so you never really know how these things will go.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I was talking to this person the other day about Pac-Man for SSB4. He wanted Pac-Man to be an assist trophy instead of a character because he thought it would be awesome to see 8-bit Pac-Man bite people off the arena. I told him that the assist could be Ms. Pac-Man that way Pac-man could be playable and he gets the assist he wanted.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Still, it would make Pacman look like a crossdresser.
if I had to choose I'd rather have Ms. Pacman as another character.
Have you ever seen her looking in the Atary Cartdrige?

Man! It's waaay better than her Hanna & Barbera counterpart!
Damn gurl.

What if Namco pulls a Capcom and we end up with one of these Atari box art Pac Man's?

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
What if Namco pulls a Capcom and we end up with one of these Atari box art Pac Man's?

EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!:urg:

I was talking to this person the other day about Pac-Man for SSB4. He wanted Pac-Man to be an assist trophy instead of a character because he thought it would be awesome to see 8-bit Pac-Man bite people off the arena. I told him that the assist could be Ms. Pac-Man that way Pac-man could be playable and he gets the assist he wanted.
Ms. Pacman and/or the four ghosts. That's a nice idea.

Then again from a history and play mechanics stand point Simon Belmont makes a whole lot more sense than Snake for a Konami rep but Snake came in for personal reasons so you never really know how these things will go.
And that's a point! We must not forget that the creators of the game are people too and not some kind of genies.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
The pacman world games are just awful and they don't live up to the classic arcade pacman they are based off of. I'd think Namco would choose another one of their characters over pacman if they decide to include any.
You could say the same thing for Modern Sonic for his track record of games over the years.

As for the people that support Tekken characters for Smash 4, I hope they just want Yoshimitsu because he's the ONLY one that could fit in. Tekken chars shouldn't be included in ssb4 though.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Ms. Pacman and/or the four ghosts. That's a nice idea.
Heres an idea. You summon Ms. Pac-Man and she'll either chase the ghosts around the arena, and damage enemies in the process or she'll be chased by the ghosts and she'll still damage the opponents. (When she chases the ghosts, the ghosts can be attacked and defeated.)

Top Bottom