• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac-Man Slide w/ Down B move

JohanVonBronx

Smash Apprentice
So a while ago while playing I accidentally found out you can slide backwards and face forward as pac-man with his down b move. Only thing is that your fire hydrant has to be in play in order to be able to do this. Here's an example of what it looks like:

I aimed for the center of the map so you could get an idea of how much distance you can cross with it.

It's not easy to do on a 3DS due to the control stick, but on the Wii U I believe this would be much easier to achieve.
As far as I know that is roughly the maximum amount of slide you can get out of it, and in my opinion it's a fairly decent amount. It allows you to get some space and still face the same direction. You can also do the slide forward.

How to do it:

In order to do the slide you need to have your fire hydrant in play. Once you place your fire hydrant you will need to jump. It doesn't have to be a high jump, just enough so that it plays the animation for the down b. So you jump, and slightly hold back so that you go backwards. While going back you then do your down b just before you hit the ground. The slide distance will vary but once you get the hang of it you can get a decent amount of slide from it.

So what do you guys think? Is it useful? Will you use it? I'd like some thoughts and opinions on it.

NimbusSpark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NimbusSpark
Whilst I must like that we once again found another tech that the Pacster could potentially use, I don't really see the actual ability this tech has in practise.
I guess in theory it could be used as a less-effective glidetoss-esque technique, useful if you need to save a higher-tiered fruit such as the Bell or Key for later on, but the delay between the endlag of the Down-B and your next ground attack might be a bit too great to be used efficently, especially considering our smashes are pretty slow.

JohanVonBronx

Smash Apprentice
Whilst I must like that we once again found another tech that the Pacster could potentially use, I don't really see the actual ability this tech has in practise.
I guess in theory it could be used as a less-effective glidetoss-esque technique, useful if you need to save a higher-tiered fruit such as the Bell or Key for later on, but the delay between the endlag of the Down-B and your next ground attack might be a bit too great to be used efficently, especially considering our smashes are pretty slow.
I don't view it as something to lead into. I view it more as a spacing tool while being able to face the same direction.

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
I discovered this back on the 3ds, while not useful so much on platformless stages. You can use it as an effective edge cancel "waveland" on stages like Battlefield and T&C. It isnt all that effective because of you still get end lag, and it is telegraphed badly.

Top Bottom