• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Pac-Man Patch Notes (Bayo and Corrin)

BSP

Smash Legend
Post your findings here. Check out the last patch notes thread for reference. Please do adequate tests first.

Buff: nvm

Last edited:

Kaiyedy

Smash Cadet
Can someone post all of Pac's stats so we can compare when the patch arrives?

Gecko Moria

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3179-6596-3895
Is the patch already out?

EDIT: Disregard this. I didn't see the post above mine.

Last edited:

Gecko Moria

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3179-6596-3895
The patch will hit in approximately 8 hours from the time of this post.
Well I really hope that PAC-MAN gets at least one good buff. Iv'e been trying to replace him recently but something good might make me rethink that. Otherwise I'll probably switch over to Bayonetta.

dedepouilleur

Smash Rookie
hi guys!
When I compare data from 1.1.3 to those we have in 1.1.4, I find some changes. Plz confirme them or not!

Dthrow (10 -> 12), Bthrow (11 --> 13), Nair (10 --> 11-12), Bup from the ground (7 --> 8 ), Bair (12 --> 13), Fair (5 --> 6), Galaga (9 --> 8 per hit) and maybe some changes for others fruits.

Otherwise I have some trouble with HP of the hydrant : a Key throw far from it deals 13% and breaks it, but a Bair deals also 13% and doesn't break it ... o)

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
Pac-Man is 99% confirmed for no changes. All of those are wrong.

For future reference, use training mode to test damage, and make sure you reset to zero after each hit because the game keeps track of decimals.

Last edited:

ZeoLightning

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeoLightning
3DS FC
5455-9919-4674
the only things i cared about, the floor wall miss and the dead zones with PAC's grab weren't fixed. so i guess we're gonna have to adapt. F throw seems kinda different im able to link stuff like f air and key. but i havent tried this outside of training mode

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Hydrant will automatically trigger Corrin's Counter so long as the two are nearby. Even if it is on the ground, it will proc the counter. I Might post a really bad video about it but if someone else can confirm this that'd be great.

Guess we still got some jank. Wonder if this'll cause us to get a patch change with the hydrant. Or if this happens to Witch Time too.

EDIT: Video Link: https://youtu.be/Ne_lcWM9Cew

Last edited:

Zage

Smash Journeyman
The hydrant has interacted with counters like that since release, doubtful it'll get patched but here's hoping.

ZeoLightning

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeoLightning
3DS FC
5455-9919-4674
i guess it was sorta foolish to hope for a buff. PAC is just one of those characters that rarely gets touched. like jiggs or mario

honestly the more i play the less i feel like i need buffs, just better fundamentals. recently played against ZSS and shiek. 2 of the top tiers and beat them both, shiek in particular i always thought was one of the worst pac matchups but im seeing now its not that bad. honestly mario is pac's worst matchups and i have luigi for mario.

i think we need to advance our fundamentals game and less runaway/campy play

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
I will say before this patch I was about to down smash a Marth between me and the hydrant and he countered but it activated from the water first so he faced the wrong way and I got off the attack so it can be highly situational. However Corrin looks like his goes on both sides and I've been killed from a countered jab so eh.

i guess it was sorta foolish to hope for a buff. PAC is just one of those characters that rarely gets touched. like jiggs or mario

honestly the more i play the less i feel like i need buffs, just better fundamentals. recently played against ZSS and shiek. 2 of the top tiers and beat them both, shiek in particular i always thought was one of the worst pac matchups but im seeing now its not that bad. honestly mario is pac's worst matchups and i have luigi for mario.

i think we need to advance our fundamentals game and less runaway/campy play
I'm starting to put Corrin on there but I also tend to have trouble against people like Marth and Cloud.

Last edited:

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
So after playing both Ninjalink and Salem, I realized that Bayonetta can use grounded side b and bypass the hydrant/trampoline. I couldn't create any line of defense against her unfortunately. She's the only character in the game that can do that to us.

Joecreak

Smash Rookie
Cloud his Dtilt goes beneath the Trampoline and WFT can crouch walk beneath it as well.

Edit: almost forgot Mega Man's Dtilt goes beneath the trampoline as well.
and just found out that Pikachu, ZSS and DHD can crouch walk beneath it. x)

Last edited:

xzx

Smash Lord
I may be totally off, but I can't trigger that side-b glitch... Is it gone or is it just that I can't do it? (Because I could before...)

ZeoLightning

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeoLightning
3DS FC
5455-9919-4674
So after playing both Ninjalink and Salem, I realized that Bayonetta can use grounded side b and bypass the hydrant/trampoline. I couldn't create any line of defense against her unfortunately. She's the only character in the game that can do that to us.
Besides Mario im convinced bayo is PAC's worst matchup. my experience with bayo has been similar. Bayo can even witch time the hydrant when its just blowing water

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
Well, it's not a safe move. Can you nair it OoS?

Prometheus_98

Smash Rookie
Sinji Sinji can she go through the hydrant and keep on going? From my experience she hits the hydrant and then does her combo string which breaks the hydrant but she has to pause to hit it giving us a free fruit. I feel you though about the no defensive options. I have problems with her odd hitting attacks like her magnetic jab which sucks you in, and all her aerial options. But as for the hydrant stuff key beats both of those options. Also jabbed hydrant on the ledge kills bayonetta 100% of the time. You just have to jump down after it so she hits you instead of nullifying the hydrants hitbox.

Also NouveauRétro NouveauRétro Its a mix up. but your best punish for her slide is going to be your up b. Jab loses to here combo continuation( i dont know the inputs) and nair usually does too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom