• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac-Man Guide.

Pac-Man Guide.

LordBac0nUS

Smash Rookie
LordBac0nUS submitted a new guide:

Pac-Man Guide. - Your start to playing Pac-Man.

Pac-Man is a very deep character. He has lots of spacing, approach, and mobility options. Due to all these options he is a very versatile character. Without further ado, let us start.

Spacing

One of Pac-Man's spacing options is his down special, the fire hydrant. This fire hydrant will shoot out water pushing enemies a fair distance away from you. I recommend using this on a flat map.

Another spacing option he...
Read more about this guide...

NewE

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3196-5308-9127
I like this guide b/c it shows how to space with certain moves and stuff its not a beginners but still cool.

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
One of Pac-Man's spacing options is his down special, the fire hydrant. This fire hydrant will shoot out water pushing enemies a fair distance away from you. I recommend using this on a flat map.
No offense, but... down special is not a very good spacing option. The vast majority of opponents can approach during the lagtime and strike us while we are still on top of the Hydrant.

Hydrant is an exceptionally good full-screen zoning tool IF (and its a big if), you have enough time to Bair->FTilt the Hydrant. It forces rolls, shields, air dodges. Opponents get into "bad situations" if you do that against them while they are trying to recover.

Side special is an insanely good approach option. It is fast and will damage your opponent. You can also follow up with a fire hydrant for space.
I don't think so.

--------------------

I'm very bad at this. But... I do appreciate your effort. And I've been in the position before where I've felt like my contributions were not appreciated. So first and foremost, I do appreciate that you tried to make a guide. Pac Man is definitely a mysterious character, and the information we do have on this forum is not very well organized. I do want to encourage people to make guides around here and help organize our knowledge.

However, it is clear to me that you have not played at a competitive level yet. I'm not asking for much... I personally do not even get beyond 3rd or 4th round in double-elimination tournaments in my area.

Nonetheless, I do ask that you test your techniques against high-level play. This can be even in online fights, since I know a good portion of players do not have access to "local scenes". I'm not necessarily asking you to win in a competitive setting (as that would be above and beyond what I can accomplish myself), but that you've at least tried to find the best-players of Smash before attempting to write a guide in the manner that you have.

As it stands now, I don't believe you have the experience to put together a guide that is beyond the basics of PacMan.

With that said, attempting to teach is one of the best teachers, believe it or not. I am more than willing to explain to you my opinion and hopefully we can improve your PacMan theorycraft a bit. Online debate is sometimes useful for this sort of stuff, even if it isn't so applicable to games. At very least, theorycraft debates usually form a great basis for a guide if someone is willing to distill the information afterwards.

Are ya cool with that?

Last edited:
Top Bottom