• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

P.R.E.lude to Papa (Pizzano's Regional Event) - May 11th, 2013 - Winter Haven, Florida

Exdeath

Smash Master
Schedule:

Brawl Singles - 12 P.M.

Melee Singles - 2 P.M.

Brawl Doubles - 5 P.M.

Fees:

$10 door fee (spectators are included for this event)
$10 entry per event

Prize Payouts:

20+ Entrants
1st - 50 %
2nd - 25 %
3rd - 15 %
4th - 10 %

40+ Entrants
1st - 45 %
2nd - 25 %
3rd - 15 %
4th - 10 %
5th - 2.5 %
5th - 2.5 %

60+ Entrants

1st - 40 %
2nd - 25 %
3rd - 15 %
4th - 10 %
5th - 3.4 %
5th - 3.4 %
7th - 1.6 %
7th - 1.6 %

Rules:

Super Smash Bros. Melee

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Master Hand is banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are banned.
* Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Dave's Modified Rule: You cannot counter pick the stage you last won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this rule set if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
* Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.
* Neutral Spawn Points: Players may elect to use neutral spawn points to decide controller ports for the first match in case of any disputes.

Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

Stage List:

Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counter pick (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counter pick (Doubles)
Kongo Jungle 64

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban (except in best-of-5 sets)
2. Loser chooses counter pick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character
5. Winner chooses their controller port (optional)
6. Loser chooses their controller port (optional)

Super Smash Bros. Brawl:

Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the finals best 3 out of 5.

This will be Apex 2013 Rules

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Castle Siege
-Pokemon Stadium 1

Double Meta Knight is banned in doubles.

For any additional questions please call or text Tony Thornton at 813-966-5593.

https://www.facebook.com/events/130358763820191/?context=create

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
I'm always down for a a Polk tourney. Time to get to work on rounding out the kinks with my :ike:

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
i'd be interested in this

question tho

was strongly considering (as in got the approval and everything) for hosting a big tourney at flippers the week AFTER this

i wanted to know if people think that'd be too close together? i duno if i can move it, flippers is usually pretty packed as far as scheduling goes, and i think the 18th is really the only date coming up available

thoughts?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
to what? flippers? i dont see why not, it's closer than oddysee was and its a much better setting to play (imo)

we actually have 7 lagless setups comfirmed, all of which are LCD tv's and one of which is the projector

GodMeowMix

Smash Ace
If you're reaching out beyond the locals I'd say it's too close. it's pretty draining to go to one tournament after another if you factor in the time and money spent.

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
Looks like Rolex might not make it. Would anyone else here be willing to be my doubles partner?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Mvd, what about AO is better than Flippers?

The laggy setups?
Inability to change the volume on half the tv's?
All the free games you can play after paying the door fee? (AO doesn't actually have this one, but Flippers does is my point)

Ereth

Murda Bidness
I personally didn't like AO. It was too loud and packed. Not nearly enough room for 47 people to play comfortably

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I loved AO, but then again I love arcade games. Not really a good amount of space for a tourney though

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
of those that saw flippers, would you guys say flippers is worth coming down to after this tourney? i kinda need to know by the weekend so i can make a thread/start planning

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Well, after getting a dose of real competition in Ereth's tournament I think I'm ready to go again. Hopefully I can go to this

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Holy **** 60 entrants possible? In that small space? I mean, Pizzanos was hot af.. No, like the temperature... I couldn't stand it... Oh god, I hope that many people don't show up ._.

@Daisy
I'll team up with you. I'm probably just going to do doubles. Since I have monies put away for Resident Evil Revelations and Deus Ex on Wii U, so :3

So, Doubles will be it for me. If you show up.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Holy **** 60 entrants possible? In that small space? I mean, Pizzanos was hot af.. No, like the temperature... I couldn't stand it... Oh god, I hope that many people don't show up ._.

@Daisy
I'll team up with you. I'm probably just going to do doubles. Since I have monies put away for Resident Evil Revelations and Deus Ex on Wii U, so :3

So, Doubles will be it for me. If you show up.
They should be turning down the air conditioner for this. They didn't have it on last time because they didn't need it.

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
They should be turning down the air conditioner for this. They didn't have it on last time because they didn't need it.
If I can't see my breath, you're doing something wrong.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
sure thing komic. I will team with you. Although, since GA is coming I kind of want to team with someone from GA XD. Doubt they will offer me tho. :)

Master Raven

Smash Master
i'm prob going

btw flippers > AO. AO is not bad for a local-sized event but for regionals and bigger it's very crampy. the only downside to flippers is the ****ty music LOL

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
sure thing komic. I will team with you. Although, since GA is coming I kind of want to team with someone from GA XD. Doubt they will offer me tho. :)
lol If you don't team with me, I'll take the challenge of 2v1.

And if not, I'll love to have a lvl 9 CPU MK on my team :3

Top Bottom