• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(P:M,Smash4) SPAU4 Results

JTsm

Smash Master
So with the 4th installment of the SPAU series, there were a lot of mess ups. Most of the problems that arose was me not putting the latest S4 entrants into the excel sheet. I had to leave the TO desk and play my doubles matches (which took a while). I apologize and I take full responsibility of the entrant mistakes.

The lost player pool was created because of that. And not only that, we had to rearrange some pools. The biggest pool was ridiculously unfair.

So basically at SPAU5, I'm going to change things:
1. I'll be having at least 4 TO's helping me register, handle money, seed pools/bracket.
2. SPAU5 will only be hosting Smash4. I think we took a pretty tall order by adding two games (4events).
3. No more small slips. Good idea at first, but I didn't plan farther ahead and put the slips in a bag.

I don't expect any sympathy. You guys have every right to complain as I took up so much of you're guy's time.
SPAU4 Smash4 Doubles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
*****/Ksev
2nd
Stewy/LouRich
3rd
Smasher / TECHnology
4th
Pulse|Ori/LOE1
5th
Nom/Sethsational
5th
Dux/FS|Suagremte
7th
FS|Chris/FS|KC
7th
Carls493/SoulPech
9th
LoF Xatic/PzO
9th
Nibbles/SnowBlack
9th
coco/najib
9th
Razz/Ramzy
13th
MeatBeaf/Dkdudeman
13th
JTSM/WubS
13th
FS|Veil/FS\A-Fin
13th
Nostalgic/Sum
17th
Jawsome/DaddysKisses
17th
Iceman/Tacotruck
17th
Bronze/Toros
17th
TDT/Waves
17th
ARG/Chuk
17th
Chilledlave/Blockdown
17th
Sup/Dingus
17th
Meat/Mr.H

SPAU4 Smash 4 Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Ksev
$162.00
2nd
Lou Rich
$81.00
3rd
$27.00
4th
Smasher1001
5th
LOE1
5th
Coco
7th
Dingus
7th
Sethsational
9th
AfroToad
9th
Stewy
9th
LoF Xatic
9th
Nom
13th
Carls
13th
exJORDANARY
13th
FS | KC
13th
Dux
17th
FS | Chris
17th
Razz
17th
FS | A-Fin
17th
Nibble
17th
AmiiboKing
17th
Squeebles
17th
ZTD | TECHnology
17th
Strider Blue
25th
Meezus
25th
FS | Sw@gnemite
25th
Bronze

SPAU4 PM Doubles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Lain/LOE1
2nd
SoulPech/Carls
3rd
Lordy/Super
4th
JZ/ Daniella
5th
OGS|Revy/Tetr4flora
5th
Kuma/Samn
7th
Daddy'sKisses/Jawsome
7th
Chosenduan/Dirtboy
9th
FS|Veil/Sup
9th
OGS|Pelta/Toast
9th
Theytah/Xtrooper97
9th
LoF Xatic/Wuvs
13th
Yono/Shwick
13th
ChromosomeBandit/Wolff

SPAU4 PM Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
ZTD | Lain
$144.00
2nd
Lordy
$72.00
3rd
OGS|Tetr4flora
$24.00
4th
JZ
5th
SoulPech
5th
Samn
7th
The Patriarchy/Chonce
7th
Memetroid
9th
Kuma
9th
Yono
9th
DIRTBOIIIII
9th
Solharath
13th
Veil
13th
Daddy's Kisses
13th
Jawsome
13th
Theytah
17th
OGS|Revy
17th
OGS | Railz
17th
NNoooooooob
17th
ZTD | Yatta
17th
LMT
17th
Shwick
17th
Xtrooper
17th
Toast

Last edited:

JTsm

Smash Master
Shoutouts later~

Also, fZk(Juan)'s GF had lost her wallet. If anyone picked it up message me.

Last edited:

SoulPech

Smash Master
SoulPech's Sexy Superific Shoutouts!
Okay you nerds. Time for my shoutouts! It has literally been almost a year since I have done one of these, but here we go:

Shoutouts to my homies JTSM and Old Man Xactic for running this event. They are super cool and so chill. You already know your mistakes, so you can only go nowhere but up
Shoutouts to Ian for housing my crew. Always helped out in a pinch. I got bodied by Peach....that's a hard matchup.
Shoutouts to Wuvs and Gooshigaming stream. I missed you so much and I hope you get to visit me some more.
Shoutouts to Coney Island for having a godlike breakfast for 4 bucks. Definitely Top Tier.
Shoutouts to the MI PM community for trash talking Columbus, but still getting bodied by the "campy" Jigglypuff/Marth player (Martin Luther King would be proud with the freedom ringing <3).
Shoutouts to Lain for winning (campyFox), Lordy for getting second (campy Falcon), Tetraflora (campy Kirby) JZ (campy Ivysaur) and Samm (Campy Squirtle)
Shoutouts to Camping.
Shoutouts to Marth.

Anti-Shoutouts to being aggressive
Anti-Shoutouts to losing $250 on the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight
Anti-Shoutouts to Ori
Anti-Shoutouts to Hyper Crasher for not showing up
Anti-Shoutouts to Applebees for under mediocre food service.
Anti-Shoutouts to Michigan <3

We out. Goin' Camping

Last edited:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Premium
I guess I will do my shoutouts also, but first!

@ JTsm JTsm : Some TO tips (you know some of the others, but here are more~)-
1. Get some way to easily and visually label your setups.
2. Hard cutoff time for event entrants. If you have a time that you are shooting for, even if you overshoot it keep the entry cutoff to avoid extra work.
3. If setups are limited, run waves. Smash 4 had 9 pools (?), top 3 get out and 9 setups. Running waves easily allows you to gain control/momentum over your event, run pools faster (more TVs per pool) and check where you missed faster.
4. If setups are not limited, then you can be more flexible with your format if time permits. More setups = more games, you can use pools (bigger pools) to accomplish this.
5. Multiple games: Multiple TOs if you feel you can't handle it yourself. West MI or Ohio that came up could have ran your event for you. The two games were mostly separated, so it wouldn't have been difficult.
6. Do NOT change your format half-way in an event, it only adds more work than what you needed to. (You lost entrants and didn't get to run Amateur)
7. 2-4-8-16-32-64. Brackets with the power of 2 are the smoothest possible tournaments you can run with the least amount of complication. Eliminate from pools to get to one of these numbers Having extra time at the end of a tournament only improves the experience. You can do more when you finish appropriately.
8. If you are behind, remove yourself from competing to get control. Or allow yourself to enter one event and have a dedicated person run in your absence.

Onto shoutouts.

Shoutouts -
Camping.
Marth
@ Tetraflora Tetraflora and Revy. Thank you both for the ride to Subway and froyo. Thank you both for the games. I figured out a few things for my approach to you next time Tetra, I'll be back for my $5.
Squirtle players @ dirtboy345 dirtboy345 , @ Samn Samn , @ Jawsome Jawsome . Everything considered, I got ****ed up by Squirtle last weekend. You guys are good. I'll be back though.
Gaining $25.
Random money matches.
Seeing Michigan players.
@ LOE1 LOE1 flaking and @ lain lain stealing my partner. I will take you up on that drink @ Shuffle btw.
@Anther's ride situation.
Ohio.
Just about always getting Top 8 locally or small regionals, but still not being relevant / washed up.
Geese trying to do their own thing.
Marth
C A M P B O Y S

Childish Gambino's Camp Album
Haters
@ Ryztiq Ryztiq
@stewyian

Anti-Shoutouts -
Person complaining about camping. Everyone camps. You play Roy, half of your game is camping to get dtilts or zoning characters so they don't hit you. Your top players will camp to get an advantage. LOE1 embodies camping.
Applebees when it was time to leave. We should not have been there 25+ more minutes after we were done eating.
Squirtle.
Being overly aggressive.
Bad attitudes.
Losing $10.
Losing in general.
Michigan
Geese
@ Carls493 Carls493 's refusal to go down and fart low recoveries.
Having PM be dropped. : (
Getting hit in the nuts by the tail of @stewyian's dog, Peach
Peach (the PM character)

Last edited:

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
See, you can try to make an aggressive Smash game all you want, but in the end, defense always wins!

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
Lmao camping. Obviously nobody played against Brawl Olimar here... ;)

Anyways, shoutouts to the tourney being on my birthday!! I saw almost everyone in the local community that I know and love, including a few others that I hadn't seen since the Brawl days (@ SoulPech SoulPech , CoCo, etc). Applebees was hype and it was surreal being surrounded by so many good friends wishing me a happy birthday.

Shoutouts:

For the returning TOs Kyle & Scott, you did alright, all things considered. We were all happy to have pools return to a MI tourney. Despite the slower pace & loose control overall, I feel the tourney went smoothly. There were few complications and nobody seemed to have any major issues. You guys know what went right / wrong and I hope you grow from this experience. Happy to see you back in the scene.

As always, good stuff to @ Tetraflora Tetraflora . I'm very impressed at your win over JZ after being 3-0'd less than a month ago at Equinox. You earned a solid 3rd place finish. For the first time versing Lain in tourney since Battlefield last year, you did very well. I'm sure you will continue to improve and prove why you're the best kawaii smasher. I'm proud to call you my crew mate <3

@ lordhelmet lordhelmet Great job beating Tetra and breaking the losing streak. I was very impressed at how you were playing Saturday. The Lordy Falcon was looking crispy. Also, you're such a goober lmao

@ lain lain UPTHROW LUCAS YOU SCRUB. He's like the 4th spacie- Upthrow is mad good against the little kid.
Anyway, gratz on the win & proving why you're #3 in the state. Go get yourself some nice cigs & alcohol haha. Good stuff and thanks for at least playing me once in Fox v Lucas. Melee characters still body me :/ You gotta teach me some of those Falcon tricks next time

OGS - THE CREW

Zane & Yuko - lmao @ the flowers. You guys are great.

@Squeebles & her friend (panda I think it was?) you two are pretty cool. I'm astounded at how well both of you can draw.

Wuvs, glad to see you again bro. Thanks for streaming Sm4sh for everyone that attended. Keep being a cool dude

Toast - for teaming with me & having a good time. It was a fun experience and we both know how to improve. I hope you do teams more even if you think you're bad in doubles. You have tons of potential.

@ Shwick Shwick - I'll be looking forward to our rematch. Next time I'll stop being anti-clutch lol. Gratz on the win anyway. Also, good job holding your own against Lain & Jawsome

@ Jawsome Jawsome I'm glad our games were wayyy closer than the morning after Equinox Lordyfest. I'm no longer getting bodied by Ganon lol. As for the squirtboy, I still need some more matchup experience. He's such a slippery character

@JZ - impressive comebacks against SoulPech. Your Ivy is looking real solid every time I watch it. Your wavelands on stage are super crispy & the punish game you have is absurd. Keep up the hard work!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone else (sorry if I forgot you)
Good seeing & playing everyone I could. This was definitely a day to remember!

Last edited:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Premium
Oh, also... characters used in tournament:
Roy (v Revvy, Samn), Mario (v Tetraflora, Samn), Sheik (v everyone else), Marth (v Solharath), Diddy Kong (v Tetraflora)

Characters won with in tournament:
Sheik, Roy, Marth

Last edited:

D e l t a

Quick note, can you change my tag to "OGS|Delta" under teams? Currently says "Pelta" .-.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Good tournament. Thanks for making a results thread (AND RANKINGS) unlike some TOs around here.

I used Falcon for my first 3 sets in bracket (basically all of my games except WFs LFs and GFs) so he should be on there for my characters.

Also, the bracket is wrong. Lain beat me 3-1 in WFs. I beat him 3-2 in GFs1 and lost 3-1 in GFs2.

Last edited:

JTsm

Smash Master
Alright, I'll update characters and do shoutouts a little bit after my workout. Just let me know what characters you used.

Also, I have pool sheets for all of P:M, but not Smash 4. I'm missing 6 of them .... so if anyone has the rest, pls send a photo of them to me. I wanna post them on the thread, so everyone can see them.

Last edited:

Boxxy

Smash Lord
yeah i'm officially sponsored by buffalo wild wings!!!! be sure to check them out!!! great food, great atmosphere, great service, great stuff.

Icemanx5746

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts:

Ksev - That might be the best I've ever seen your Fox play, read city. Congrats on first!
Dixx - That Greninja was pretty cool, you should pull him out more.
Smasher - ggs dude, hopefully I'll play better next time.
Dingus - You down aired your way into top 8, good stuff and ggs.
Xatic - ayyyy you were the only one to take a set off Ksev all day.
Nom - Best Rob in MI, worst Sonic. :denzel:
ExJORDANary - I know we were both pretty out of it in our set, but that game I got off you still encourages me that I'm improving. GGs, I always enjoy playing the Falcon matchup.
Squeebles - Thanks for hanging out with my sister all day, I think she was really excited to make some new friends, fun friendlies as always too.
TacoTruck - I think we can make the team work, we'll have to work on our synergy a bit, but I'm all for teaming with you again.
Soulpech - Always enjoy your company, nice seeing you again.
Schwikid - Good to see you again after such a long time, maybe we can play some PM if there's another Sm4sh/PM tourney. I've still got the :zelda: but I also co-main :roypm: now.
Gooshigaming - amazing stream as always.
Applebees - Holy crap how have I never tasted those top tier sweet potato fries before.

Anti-shoutouts:
No sleep johns
Ness for always janking up my pools
Jordan being a third seed underneath me
Me having an overall awful showing at the first tourney of the new pr season (oh well, I'll get there eventually.)
Hyper Crasher - You were too scared to show up, huh?

D e l t a

Missed a few and may have stated a few wrong character choices, but here's what I know. Top 5 is all correct unless Lain used Falco in tourney.

1stZTD | Lain :marth::fox:0
2ndLordy :ike::falcon:0
3rdOGS|Tetr4flora :kirby2::ness2:0
4thJZ :ivysaur:0
5thSoulPech:jigglypuff:0
5thSamn:squirtle::bowser2:0
7thThe Patriarchy/Chonce0
7thMemetroid:samus2:0
9thKuma:ganondorf::luigi2:0
9thYono:roypm:0
9thDIRTBOIIIII:squirtle:0
9thSolharath:sonic:0
13thVeil:mario2::marth::toonlink:0
13thDaddy's Kisses:mewtwopm:0
13thJawsome:squirtle::ganondorf:0
13thTheytah:gw::rob:0
17thOGS|Revy:mewtwopm:0
17thOGS | Railz:yoshi2:0
17thNNoooooooob0
17thZTD | Yatta:snake:0
17thLMT:luigi2:0
17thShwick:ganondorf:0
17thXtrooper:marth:0
17thToast:falco::ness2::fox:0
RankPlayerPoints

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
:213: VIDEO THREAD :213:

Playlist is here. Enjoy!

Doubles:

Round 1:

WuvS/JTsm vs Dux/Swagamite
LouRich/Stewy vs Nostalgic/Sum

Winners R1:

Pulse|Ori/LOE1 vs Coco/Arsenal

Winners R2:
Dux/Swagamite vs Ksev/Dixxs

Winners Semis:

Smasher1001/ZTD|Tech vs LouRich/Stewy
Ksev/Dixxs vs Pulse|Ori/LOE1

Winners Finals:

LouRich/Stewy vs Ksev/Dixxs

Losers Semis:

Smasher1001/ZTD|Tech vs Pulse|Ori/LOE1

Losers Finals:

LouRich/Stewy vs Smasher1001/ZTD|Tech

Grand Finals:

Ksev/Dixxs vs LouRich/Stewy

Singles:

Round 1:

Dux vs LoF Xatic

A-Fin vs Squeebles

Winners R1:

Ksev vs Smasher1001

Winners R2:

Stewy vs Ksev

Winners Semis:

LOE1 vs Ksev
LouRich vs Dixxs

Winners Finals:

Ksev vs LouRich

Losers R2:

ZTD|Tech vs Smasher1001

Losers R5:

Coco vs Dingus

Losers R6:

Coco vs Dixxs

Losers Semis:

Smasher1001 vs Dixxs

Losers Finals:

Dixxs vs LouRich

Grand Finals:

Ksev vs LouRich

Me rolling on the ground:

WuvS vs Iceman

I talked a lot on Facebook about stuff, so I'm going to leave one shoutout.

Shoutout to Iceman for saying that Little Busters is just a bunch of Baby Mangoes. I'm still rethinking my life as we speak.

Last edited:

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
By chance, has anyone found a 3ds that had a zelda case on it and animal crossing in it? My friend kelly had it when she arrived but when we got back it was gone and we're hoping somone has found it and can return it.

JTsm

Smash Master
Ksev: Good **** winning the tourney dude. Sonic is annoying. Also, I HIGHLY appreciate you helping with the mess I started. I'll pay you back more later this summer.
Lou Rich: Good stuff in our pool xD WFT still da bess tho.
*****: dude... your Greninja and Tlink are godly. Glad to see ya man <3
Smasher1001: Good stuff today. You bulldozed loser's bracket.
LOE1: Daw thought you would place higher. glad to see ya man.
Coco: damn son, still best oli main.
Sethsational: The coolest falcon main in all the lands
Dingus: 2nd most coolest falcon main in all the lands. seriously damn dude. good ****.
Stewy: Wished you placed higher, but I think that was you cleaning up my mess. It was good hanging with you.
Nom: Thanks for helping Dakota out with streaming.
LoF Xatic: yoooooo I'm sorry for pissing you off. we'll do much better next time.
AfroToad: You're a pretty chill dude. Thanks for coming by!
Carls: Never thought you would be decent in Smash4. GG's in our matches.
FS | KC: GG's in our pools. I can see a lot of potential @___@
Dux: I guess you are the stream hype xD
AmiiboKing: Hey I understand your frustration and I appreciate you helping out.
Nibble: THIS DUDE.
ZTD | TECHnology: "Welcome back to TOing" YUP. LOL
Squeebles: YO THOSE HENTAI DRAWINGS ARE HILARIOUS. I kept em ;3
FS | Chris: GG's in our pool.

WubS/Holly: You guys are awesome! I was suppose to help, but failed </3

ZTD | Lain (1): YoOoOoOoOoOo good stuff winning today.
Lordy(1): It was nice seeing you. I'm glad I made you happy at the end <3 xD
JZ(1): I just had to find out who you are xD good meeting you!
SoulPech(3): obby thanks for coming up! it's been a while.
Memetroid (2): SAMUS REP HYPE!
The Patriarchy/Chonce(2): Thanks for the advice. It was very good to see you man.
Solharath(1)/ @SophyBer : Thanks for helping out with TOing. You guys are the best <3
Daddy's Kisses(3): This name tho.

Negative shoutouts:
1. Me for being bad at TOing and getting drunk at the end so Dakota can drive me home.
2. Smash4 community for bringing only 7 setups.
3. My TV for not being a legit setup
4. People being crybabies over every little god damn thing (Entry fee, Venue, how we set things up, not allowing your setup to be used for tourney, and etc)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
KoolOriBro Quick shoutouts

• To the PM scrubs, miss seeing you kids occasionally.
• To Ohio and West MI showing up, it has been a while and it was great to catch up with some of you especially Misa, @ Solharath Solharath @SophyBer
• LOE1 - sorry i sucked in teams. I went into that tourney hella rusty but we'll make it work another time.
• LouRich - for getting RICHer
• Stewy - for being himself
• Wendy's - for godlike Frosty's
• MADEON - he put on a godlike show, more people should have come with me to Royal
• Scott/Kyle - for this being your return tourney it went fine but of course it could have gone better. You guys fell on your sword, owned up for the mistakes, and are moving forward which is what you guys need to do as TOs. Take everything people are saying and write it down to come up with a better solution to make sure everything works out better for SPAU5. If you guys want help next time I'll offer my services to the Registration Process since I think my system works fairly well after i reworked it for Rebirth III

Anti-shoutouts
• the venue being hot a balls with roughly 70-80 people in it
• the person who may have taken Squeeble's 3DS
• the person who may have taken Misa's Wallet
• that **** who ******* at me to move my car and was threatening to get my car towed, i was in the bathroom :sadeyes:

Last edited:

D e l t a

Also might I say how much we all appreciate a results thread made ON TIME?? @Dakota/Wuvs, good job uploading vids within a day as well. Hopefully PM vids get uploaded in the next month..

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Also might I say how much we all appreciate a results thread made ON TIME?? @Dakota/Wuvs, good job uploading vids within a day as well. Hopefully PM vids get uploaded in the next month..
Within a day? They're uploaded within three minutes of the set being done =P

But thank you <3

WubS/Holly: You guys are awesome! I was suppose to help, but failed </3

4. People being crybabies over every little god damn thing (Entry fee, Venue, how we set things up, not allowing your setup to be used for tourney, and etc)
You shut your ***** mouth. But I do agree with the crybaby thing. For sure~

D e l t a

Within a day? They're uploaded within three minutes of the set being done =P

But thank you <3
....three minutes is within a day .-.

I honestly didn't know how long it took you to upload them lol. That's pretty rad. Good on you man!

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
This is true Jiff~

Also, video thread is completely done. Glad I finally learned the SWF MU.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Premium
would like to point out that the only duplicates in top-8 of PM is Marth, which was used by Lain, SoulPech (list Marth for him pls) and myself.

Pree good

LOE1

Smash Lord
I'd make shoutouts but im too salty at how i did here lol. I will say this though, i missed my boys in West MI and PM, this tournament definitely gives me more incentive to travel and see everyone again ^_^.

Also, camping4lyfe

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to point out that my singles placement is improperly allocated to "smasher" when i'm smasher1001, dubs looks correct though, can we get that changed? :D

Top Bottom