• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

P:M Plug+Play .RELs (Module Files) Want to Port Ridley? Come here!/Modding FAQ

Next P+P .REL?

• Peach

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Ike

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Wario

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Ganon

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • Lucario

Votes: 20 30.3%

• Total voters

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Question, anyone know how to go about adding new announcer calls to the game? I know how to replace them, but is there any way to effectively add them?
That would be awesome to figure out... I don't know if too much progress has occurred on that front though

NXero

Smash Apprentice
They replaced some system sounds, I think one of them was "Fighting Alloy Team" and made a code to redirect the characters to those sounds. I think all the sounds in that specific section of the soundbank (characall, I think) were used though, but they also used "Stage Clear" for redsonic

Edit: I don't know if I can fit more "I think"s in there

Last edited:

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I've done some research, and it looks like the BrawlEX guys had this figured out already. NXero NXero is right, you need to replace system sounds with Super Sawndz, export the group as a .sawnd file, then write a code to point to where the new announcer call is located. The first three steps I've already got figured out, that much is easy, but I've got no idea how to write codes for stuff like this. So that's the piece to this that we're missing, we need someone who knows how to write that code.

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I've done some research, and it looks like the BrawlEX guys had this figured out already. NXero NXero is right, you need to replace system sounds with Super Sawndz, export the group as a .sawnd file, then write a code to point to where the new announcer call is located. The first three steps I've already got figured out, that much is easy, but I've got no idea how to write codes for stuff like this. So that's the piece to this that we're missing, we need someone who knows how to write that code.
oh, I knew how to do that. I thought you were talking about adding new .sawnd files. That's why a certain echidna has an announcer call of "Stage Clear"

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
oh, I knew how to do that. I thought you were talking about adding new .sawnd files. That's why a certain echidna has an announcer call of "Stage Clear"
Oh lol. I had no idea that was why he had that, I just thought it was a bug or something. Well I guess now that we know that much, I just need a code to change the announcer file. Don't suppose you'd have any idea of how to write that would you?

Edit: And, one more question, anyone know what the sfx ids are for the new characters?

Last edited:

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Yo Pyotr! Is the process for replacing Isaac different? For example I've tried replacing Marth over Isaac but the game freezes when loading a match. (Tried playing in Training mode, and replaced the files twice now. Also changed the soundbank so that it uses Marth's 26.sawnd.) :(

Thanks for all your work!

Edit: Does this have anything to do with Isaac having no results screen stock icons? (InfStc.471-476)

you're using my mod?, honestly i'm surprised
wha? The mod I was using before was the Lucina PSA by..CrazyHand(sp?)

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Yo Pyotr! Is the process for replacing Isaac different? For example I've tried replacing Marth over Isaac but the game freezes when loading a match. (Tried playing in Training mode, and replaced the files twice now. Also changed the soundbank so that it uses Marth's 26.sawnd.) :(

Thanks for all your work!

Edit: Does this have anything to do with Isaac having no results screen stock icons? (InfStc.471-476)

wha? The mod I was using before was the Lucina PSA by..CrazyHand(sp?)
Isaac has some ASM added to him, so I'll upload a fix tonight or Wednesday night

shaqnel

Smash Cadet
I tried using 3.5 pichu over isaac by using your pikachu.rel. It may just be isaac but when I use pichus regular A attack he freezes into a T pose plus I cant dash dance (may just be the psa or because Im playing in 3.6 it may not work properly). I did all the renaming of the files properly and entered the first 8 bytes (0000002B).

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
I tried using 3.5 pichu over isaac by using your pikachu.rel. It may just be isaac but when I use pichus regular A attack he freezes into a T pose plus I cant dash dance (may just be the psa or because Im playing in 3.6 it may not work properly). I did all the renaming of the files properly and entered the first 8 bytes (0000002B).
It's most likely because Isaac. Have you tried porting Pichu over a different character?

(Wondering how you even got a PSA to work over Isaac, I couldn't successfully port Marth over Isaac.)

Last edited:

shaqnel

Smash Cadet
It's most likely because Isaac. Have you tried porting Pichu over a different character?

(Wondering how you even got a PSA to work over Isaac, I couldn't successfully port Marth over Isaac.)
Not yet. But Ill try replacing pikachu and see the difference.

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman

Porting over Isaac shouldn't work any different than any other character, porting Marth worked just fine for me. He uses the Toon Sheik slot I think, so his character ID is 2B iirc, that's what you'll have to put into the P&P rel to get it to work. If it still isn't working check that you've named the files correctly.

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Porting over Isaac shouldn't work any different than any other character, porting Marth worked just fine for me. He uses the Toon Sheik slot I think, so his character ID is 2B iirc, that's what you'll have to put into the P&P rel to get it to work. If it still isn't working check that you've named the files correctly.
Edit: Third time's the charm! I was able to get it working. Thanks for the magic touch.

Thanks again! I'll keep hovering over this thread for more neat progress.

Last edited:

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Have you finished the Luigi .rel or a ROB one? I neeeed them!
Edit: wait, is the ft_bomber.rel a Luigi one? Gotta check fast
Edit2: Nooope, there's no Section 8 there

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Have you finished the Luigi .rel or a ROB one? I neeeed them!
Edit: wait, is the ft_bomber.rel a Luigi one? Gotta check fast
Edit2: Nooope, there's no Section 8 there
Luigi will be the next one, and then I can do ROB. ft_bomber was custom made for the new slot I opened up in your beta test.

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
PSA: Do not port anyone over Game&Watch! At least, if you want more than one costume for your fighter. Trying to make a FitGamewatch01,02,etc will just result in using the first costume. Something about G&W is wonky.

That aside, does anyone know to add Isaac's stock icons? At first glance they can't be added because there's nothing to replace in the first place, hence the ? stock icons in battle. (Sorry for the off-topic question, but mentioning the leaked characters anywhere else on the forums is taboo apparently.)

Last edited:

Insanity's Bane

Smash Rookie
so I'm a bit confused by the instructions on how to use these
Like, for example, if I wanted to replace Isaac with Ridley, how would I go about doing that?

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
so I'm a bit confused by the instructions on how to use these
Like, for example, if I wanted to replace Isaac with Ridley, how would I go about doing that?
I'm assuming you've already downloaded the Ridley file from OP, so...

1) Open the "ft_ridley (P+P .REL).rel" file with the module editor that Pyotr linked. Expand the directory, then click on "section[8]". Then click on "Memory Viewer" on the right-hand side of the window.

2) A new window will show up where you'll see a bunch of coding, but for now just focus on the box that's highlighted. Replace the "0000002D" with "0000002B"; this is Isaac's character ID. Hit enter then exit out the window. In the main Module Editor window click "File -> Save", don't forget to save!

3) In your Project M folder, navigate to the module folder where all the fighter/stage .RELs are located. Delete the ft_isaac.rel file there (or make a back-up), then place your Ridley P+P REL here. Then rename it to "ft_isaac".

4) Navigate to Isaac's fighter folder, then delete the contents of it. Now drag the contents of the "ridley" folder into Isaac's fighter folder.

5) Now the fun part! Rename all the files from "FitRidley", "FitRidleyXX", "FitRidleyDark", etc. to "FitIsaac", "FitIsaacXX", etc.
[Note: The ridley folder contains 8 costumes, but Isaac can only have 6 costumes. Choose wisely! If you're using Windows, the F2 key serves as a hotkey for renaming files.]

Everything should be good now, so start up your Project M session and try it out! Ridley's character portraits will still show up as Isaac's, if you need additional help changing that, let me know. And this should work in theory, I haven't test it myself. Good luck!

Edit: I hope you aren't expecting Ridley's SFX to work. :)

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
I'm assuming you've already downloaded the Ridley file from OP, so...

1) Open the "ft_ridley (P+P .REL).rel" file with the module editor that Pyotr linked. Expand the directory, then click on "section[8]". Then click on "Memory Viewer" on the right-hand side of the window.

2) A new window will show up where you'll see a bunch of coding, but for now just focus on the box that's highlighted. Replace the "0000002D" with "0000002B"; this is Isaac's character ID. Hit enter then exit out the window. In the main Module Editor window click "File -> Save", don't forget to save!

3) In your Project M folder, navigate to the module folder where all the fighter/stage .RELs are located. Delete the ft_isaac.rel file there (or make a back-up), then place your Ridley P+P REL here. Then rename it to "ft_isaac".

4) Navigate to Isaac's fighter folder, then delete the contents of it. Now drag the contents of the "ridley" folder into Isaac's fighter folder.

5) Now the fun part! Rename all the files from "FitRidley", "FitRidleyXX", "FitRidleyDark", etc. to "FitIsaac", "FitIsaacXX", etc.
[Note: The ridley folder contains 8 costumes, but Isaac can only have 6 costumes. Choose wisely! If you're using Windows, the F2 key serves as a hotkey for renaming files.]

Everything should be good now, so start up your Project M session and try it out! Ridley's character portraits will still show up as Isaac's, if you need additional help changing that, let me know. And this should work in theory, I haven't test it myself. Good luck!
Great description, Solaros! I might just add that to OP. Also, Insanity's Bane Insanity's Bane , you might want to download the GCT in the OP, because I included a fix for the isaac slot in it.

Oh, and I have a fix for G+W. I'll post a code that will fix him in a few in the OP

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Great description, Solaros! I might just add that to OP. Also, Insanity's Bane Insanity's Bane , you might want to download the GCT in the OP, because I included a fix for the isaac slot in it.

Oh, and I have a fix for G+W. I'll post a code that will fix him in a few in the OP
G&W Fix? You mean a fix so he doesn't only use the first Costume?

Rage83

Smash Ace

Not Solaros, but I don't see the Isaac fix gct in the OP.

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
G&W Fix? You mean a fix so he doesn't only use the first Costume?
Yup, I thought it was for something else but OP does indicate costume fixes. I didn't know that could be fixed so soon, thanks Pyotr!

Edit: I just noticed the poll is outdated, lol.

Last edited:

joseto58

Smash Rookie
hey guys, i ported OOT ganon over isaac, however i ran into two problems...
1) lucario now has no sounds at all... i know OOT ganon goes over him but is there a way to fix this?
2) again, lucarios "particles"(blue energy, etc) is messes up, and sometimes ganons particles also mess up... what can i do about this?

Edit: i figured out why lucario had no sounds, i messed up my gct.
pyotr, porting characters this way is amazing, the only problem i see with porting oot ganon over isaac is that lucario and oot ganon's particles or effects(blue and purple respectively) sometimes mess up... how could this be fixed?

If anyone wants to port him over isaac all i did was this:
replace the isaac.rel file with the one for OOT ganon on OP, then open it up with the module editor and head to "section[8]" and click memory viewer and replace the top left bits(first column, first line) with "0000002B" (isaac's id).

Now, go to pf/fighter/isaac and erase/store all files and replace them with OOT ganon's ones (which on the mod files are found on fighter/lucario), make sure to rename all files from lucario00. to isaac00. and so on.

now all you have to do is sort out the sfx, in the OP it is explained how to calculate which code you need to add to your RSBE01.gct, in this particular case, the code you want is "04AD8A8C 00000142"... after adding it to your gct, you are good to go
(i didnt mention the isaac fix from op, since i dont know what it is for, and also i didnt mention taking the project ganondorfs codes over to the gct of your build since i didnt do this)

Last edited:

N00B64

Smash Cadet
whenever you upload a fix could you also just upload a TXT file that has the fix code in it and only that code? having a GCT that has a big thing of "unknown codes" sucks when trying to find what I need to place into a different build.

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
whenever you upload a fix could you also just upload a TXT file that has the fix code in it and only that code? having a GCT that has a big thing of "unknown codes" sucks when trying to find what I need to place into a different build.
*sigh* I thought that this would make it easier for you guys, because very few people know how to remove "unknown codes" from a .gct. The "fix .gct" consists of removing one of those "unknown codes" from the .gct that came with Isaac.

N00B64

Smash Cadet
*sigh* I thought that this would make it easier for you guys, because very few people know how to remove "unknown codes" from a .gct. The "fix .gct" consists of removing one of those "unknown codes" from the .gct that came with Isaac.
thank you for the reply and sorry if I come off as rude. I'm just really bad with tasks that come to numbers, lables and names that are highly specific and am making a custom build for a group of my friends who have even more trouble then I do with this stuff.

before spending time to find the specific group of codes, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its this one yes?

-removed-

Last edited by a moderator:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
thank you for the reply and sorry if I come off as rude. I'm just really bad with tasks that come to numbers, lables and names that are highly specific and am making a custom build for a group of my friends who have even more trouble then I do with this stuff.

before spending time to find the specific group of codes, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its this one yes?
-snip-
I removed that to be safe, but it's actually a different code. I'll post it later

Last edited by a moderator:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
I'm aware that these Module Files don't work in vBrawl but, Is there a way to convert it from PM to vBrawl? I'm just asking.

OmegaMalkior

Smash Rookie
NNID
OmegaMalkior
Hi again! Tried all you guys said, trying to re-report Marth over Olimar, and nope. STILL no luck :/
Even tried out Ike's .rel over Olimar and the same thing still happens. Freeze just before the announcer says "GO!".
Has anyone else been experiencing this constantly? I saw someone here had the same problem (can't remember username tho) and he said it was fixed by itself.
Any ideas how can this can be fixed?
Thanks for all you guy's help!

Last edited:

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
Hi again! Tried all you guys said, trying to re-report Marth over Olimar, and nope. STILL no luck :/
Even tried out Ike's .rel over Olimar and the same thing still happens. Freeze just before the announcer says "GO!".
Has anyone else been experiencing this constantly? I saw someone here had the same problem (can't remember username tho) and he said it was fixed by itself.
Any ideas how can this can be fixed?
Thanks for all you guy's help!
weird.... Maybe it's an entry .pac issue?

OmegaMalkior

Smash Rookie
NNID
OmegaMalkior
Probably so...anyway to fix that issue? I know there are a few files running around that have "FitMarthEntry.pac" for example. Would just taking that file and renaming it to "FitPikminEntry.pac" fix the issue? Or must the entry pac be edited by some way?

Top Bottom