• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Overswarm Monthlies 1 - 6/30/2012

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Doubles:
1. Krystedez and DtjDtjDtjDTjDTjDJTDJTDTJDTDTDJTDTjHadesBlade
2. Ducky and XeroXen
3. Mister Eric and Xisin
4. Ralph Cecil and Shadow Phoenix
5. Kel and Overswarm
5. Soul and Carls
7. Lumi and Kassandra
7. Keist and Tako
9. Jeremiah and Josh

Final Round:

1. Krystedez :wario: :pit:
2. Kel :marth:
3. MX :yoshi: :fox:
4. Tako :dedede: :rob:
5. Carls :fox:
6. Xisin :marth:

-

Pools Round 2:

1: Krystedez
1: MX
1: Tako
4: Kel
4: Xisin
4: Carls
7: Ralph Cecil
7: HadesBlade
7: Overswarm
10: Chi
10: Mister Eric
10: ShadowPhoenix
13: Keist
13: XeroXen
13: Lumi

-

Pools Round 1

1: Ralph Cecil
1: MX
1: Tako
1: Kel
1: HadesBlade
6: Lumi
6: Krystedez
6: Chi
6: Mister Eric
6: Overswarm
11: Xisin
11: Carls
11: XeroXen
11: ShadowPhoenix
11: Keist
16: RodStephens
16: Kassandra
16: Wrath
16: Juu
16: SoulPerch
21: Silver
21: Flygon
21: RyanReed
21: Ducky
21: Cool1
26: Josh
26: Jeremiah
26: Vicious
26: Remii
26: Saber
31: LunaLang

If I missed anyone's characters from the finals let me know. I think MX went Fox some?

I'm not going to copy/pasta complete pool results. If something seems "off" up above, it's because I rearranged ties manually rather than in Tio and just copied from the clipboard here.

Total set wins/losses coming into the final round:

Krystedez - 8/1
Kel - 8/1
MX - 9
Tako - 10
Carls - 6/3
Xisin - 6/3

Total set wins/losses after final round plus full tournament set win %:

Krystedez - 13/1 - 92.85%
Kel - 12/2 - 85.71%
MX - 11/3 - 78.57%
Tako - 12/3 - 80%
Carls - 8/6 - 57.14%
Xisin - 6/8 - 42.85%

Fun fact:

The people that got top 6? Only Kel, Tako and MX got 1st in their 1st round pool.

Tako had one pool with 7 players in it, giving him an extra set win, and only dropped a set in his final round to the three players placing above him.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I am appalled OS, I used Wario against Kel twice in round 2, and three times in round 3. I used wario against Carls I believe 3 times as well. (oh and twice against Ralph, too good)

EVERYTHING ELSE WAS PIIIIIIIIIIT

Krystedez :pit: :warioc:

>=)

Epic tourney. shouts later.

EDIT: Also I went all Wario in doubles. Can't let my partner down. EGGSTINKED!!

Double Edit: I swear if you count me using Wario against MX's TL I will be totally let down by your perception of.... character usage details or SOMETHING. BUT ANYWAYS. A whole 10 times of using Wario in singles woot. That's not a lot considering it was an all pools bracket.

But Kel got my Pit pegged. I need to play him more with Pit next time to get better.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I am appalled OS, I used Wario against Kel twice in round 2, and three times in round 3. I used wario against Carls I believe 3 times as well. (oh and twice against Ralph, too good)

EVERYTHING ELSE WAS PIIIIIIIIIIT
I also went Ike, Snake, Falco, Fox, ROB, Marth, and Bowser.

But I used ROB against the people that could give me trouble or to finish winning the set.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Gotcha OS <3 I dont really care to be honest otherwise I woulda let Kel's comment "not even gunna use Pit in grand finals huh?" get to me XDD and I'm like "NOPE! WANNA WIN!"

Kel got hella good with Marth man scares me. I wanna see how good he plays as Snake next time.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
This was really fun! I had a great time even though my pool was mad stacked. :O

Vampire savior is awesome, and I really wanna play that game now. <_< also beating that crazy Japanese megaman game with Lumi was also really fun! ^_^

Kryz, i had so much fun playing you, i feel like ive learned a lot! MX we need to do team princess soon! ;)

:phone:

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Shoutouts:

POOLS:
Krys: That Pit is pretty solid, and as you said... you're a tad weaker in the D3 match up. From my experience, Pit can capitalize on Shield pressure and punishes better than D3 can attempt to counter. Baiting almost any action out of D3 can land you a few good hits. Also, if you land a grab get that penguin off stage. You'll be able to get a ton more damage done to him than if you throw up (which I recall is great on the other cast members.) since his recovery is pretty bad.
Clow: I was hoping to drag Marth out... but your Falco has become a ton better as well.
Ralph: I'm glad you actually have practice on RC with Snake, seems most don't bother.
Kel: I like where this Marth is going. Dominions will be played next time.

HadesBlade: Good ole Norfair Yoshi, don't know what I can do in that fight as D3.
Cool1: Gotta work on the 2 banana play, it's very essential and will land you many wins if you can figure it out with your current sense of the game. Hope to see you at my events when I start them up again.
Saber: Mario Vs Dedede is not an easy matchup, you have to be very patient and start baiting out my moves.
SoulPech: Only thing I can offer advice wise is you need to start studying ME, try to find some games where I played as D3. Look for habits and openings, cause it is possible to exploit them.

OTHERS
Xisin: Welcome back.
Tako: Dominions! Need to happen next time!
Luna: Good win in dominion.
Juu: Sorry we couldn't o our friendlies.
Kass: I like your marvel team, though I think Hawkeye is better last than Vergil.

Kel

Smash Master
Tako got 3rd, and MX got 4th. They were payed this way.

Thank you for hosting OS.

Everyone should use this format.

GGS all. We had some really fun sets, Kryz. Snake may happen if it's a Snake day. If I can duplicate the way I was playing Marth yesterday though, I think I would play him in MK legal tournaments as well.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Ay makes sense Kiest. I was throwing Tako off stage quite a bit, u-throws help in percent but really you can get so much more off stage because he can't spam spot dodge off stage like he can on.

@Kel haha well I'll look forward to it. I might even do better in that matchup as Pit then Marth, but I did lose to Ralph's snake. I got so much more learning to do :p

Overswarm

is laughing at you

GGS all. We had some really fun sets, Kryz. Snake may happen if it's a Snake day. If I can duplicate the way I was playing Marth yesterday though, I think I would play him in MK legal tournaments as well.
MX got 3rd after the breakdown, they had a tie; MX got slightly more monies.

clowsui

Smash Legend

Yeah, how the hell did I take a game off you in the ditto? >__>

Shoutouts later actually, I feel like it =+)

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Ralph Cecil - You need to get better. >_<
MX - Yoshi is op on Frigate lol. Also we should play at the next tournament we are both at.
Tako - Such a sneaky D3 lol. Also we should play at the next tournament we are both at as well. =D I need to learn the D3 mu more. o-o
Kel - GGs in 2nd round pools. ^_^ I wish I could've at least taken a game after getting a silly kill each game though. D=
HadesBlade We haven't played since a BITH lol. This should change. >:D
Lumi - GGs in pools. ^_^ I think you might have gotten a bit hasty about dropping your shield at times. o-o
Krystedez GGs in 2nd round. asfkhdjkgfkajgdfh I really wanted to win that 3rd game. D= It was really fun though, and we should definitely play again. ^_^
Chi - GGs in pools. ^_^ Also yeah RC probably wasn't too great of an idea.
Mister Eric - Thanks for giving me a ride to this. ^_^
Overswarm - Great tournament! =D I honestly didn't expect all pools to be as fun, and efficient as it was. ^_^ Also thanks for helping me with confidence stuff. =D We should also play at the next tourney we are both at. =D
Xisin - GGs in pools. ^_^ euayuriygjdhfghf @ that d-tilt lock last stock game 3. T_T
Carls - Good job at making it to last round of pools, and getting 5th. =D
XeroXen - GGs in doubles. So close. D= We should also play at the next tourney we are both at. ^_^
ShadowPhoenix - You just seem to be good in doubles regardless of MK legal or not lol. We should definitely team again. =D
Keist - GGs in 2nd round. ^_^ Also hah! Take that everyone else in Greenup! I said that practicing on counter picks was useful, but you guys were like "Noooooooo. No one will take you to a counter pick." Also there was a part right before the ship where you got a grab on me at a wall where I think you should've gone for a greedy u-tilt or something out of the cg. But it was fun. ^_^
Kassandra - GGs in doubles. =D It sucks that your first pool was stacked. o-o
Juu - I wish you could've made it to 2nd round. D= You looked really on point when I saw you playing in 1st round. ^_^
SoulPerch - We didn't get to play at this, but we should at the next tournament we are both at. ^_^ I've seen people say good things about your jigs. =D
Silver - GGs in pools. ^_^ You should possibly pay more attention to mines when playing against Snake. o-o
Ducky - GGs in doubles. ^_^ I felt silly for having such close games with you in friendlies before I knew who you were lol. You have a nice Wario. =D

I don't exactly remember the other 2 people's tags in my first round pool, but GGs. ^_^

Also it was my Wii that forced replays. o-o So is there anyone who does/doesn't want anything uploaded? o-o I'd really like to upload some of Krystedez's matches up though. D=

Kel

Smash Master
I think Ralph Cecil holds more potential than anyone in the Midwest. He is still learning and is getting crazy good.

Just watch

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I still have some ways to go. I did well, but I got too predictable.

This is for Overswarm's girlfriend (should've gotten her name): If you can make this Lucas bead art, I'll pay $4 to buy it like you told me.

I'm also interested in a Kumatora bead art, but I'll probably save that for sometime after Lucas.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I think Ralph Cecil holds more potential than anyone in the Midwest. He is still learning and is getting crazy good.

Just watch
Thanks. =DDDDDDDDDDDDD

Ralph Cecil get ready.

I'm coming for that *** again.

:denzel:
wuefhkjgrndbfygiholkernfhbkjdn D3 D=< Time to practice for RAGE then. =D

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Or you can give it to me next weekend, and I can deliver it to Carls since we live in the same city.
This way we save on postage!

But srsly, you guys can order bead art from us and have it shipped or delivered at a tournament.

Top Bottom