• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Overkill - A Fox Combo Video

SenorNafe

Smash Rookie
Pretty good fox combos, some great shine work and a couple cool ledge techs. This video is definatley worth a watch.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Pretty practical combos, not too flashy, but very reliable. you didn't use any really cool shine combo's but thats just how i like to do things with fox. pretty solid combos though. The marth one at the end was more the other guy being ********, but impressive none the less.

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
definitevly not flashy, and your fox doesnt seem to be that fast, but that doesnt mean its not good, i liked alotta that shininininin stuff ;D

Edit- i had a taco for lunch

CIFP

Smash Rookie
I have no illusions about my place on the smash food chain, I definitely need to speed up my Fox. Right now my main focus is on trying to be unpredicatable in my movement and to hit my L-cancels. Are there any other area where you think I could speed up my game?

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
its hard to say because this is just a combo vid, if you were to upload some matches we could somewhat see what your playin style is, until you get some matches up the only thing i can say is that besides the shinininin stuff, your fox seems more of an unorthodoxed fox rather then technical, but like i said upload some matches Sir

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Pretty good man. Not the most elite in the world but a formidible style and very fast on on your toes a lot. lots of dashdancing, neutral jab opening I think this video shows a nice repetroir of mindgames/combos.

I dont see how you can shine your opponents so much though, thats an abnormal ammount of shining (at times) for a ssbm match so I guess I question your opponents DI as is the case with all combo video :)

In any case, I liked it, 2 thumbs up :)

noob-lube69

Smash Journeyman
No offense but your combo video is a joke; it barely even passes for a combo video since there are very few actual combos. It just looks like you recorded a bunch of matches and then compiled all of the clips of you doing decent (in your own mind) into one mediocre hodge-podge of a collage that fails to live up to fox vids that came out years before it...

noob-lube69

Smash Journeyman
yeah, I decided to wait awhile b4 making my 400th post, but when a topic like this comes around how can a resist the flame??

Lunytunes4.4

Smash Journeyman
well it was good some combos in there were original, but reliable but most of it were just a bunch of shine spikes and waveshines,but thats ok another thing that made me laugh was the falco could`ve dodged some of those combos if he teched but he didnt lol but it was pretty good

Cuno56

Smash Apprentice
Pretty decent fox, all things considered. Though, if all of your marth combos are as laughable as the one you included, don't do a marth video. Please.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You're not Lunin, but you aren't exactly terrible either. I'll have to go with Dylan and a few others: You play a very solid Fox. Speed him up just a tad bit and you'll be good to go.

I do have to say that you are a freakin' sniper when it comes to shinespiking; that poor Ganondorf at 1:14 didn't even stand a freakin' chance.

Good stuff, CIFP.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
It was an OK vid nuthing too surprising

Cept that marth at the end, it gave me inspiration

And can u dummy down abit of ur vocabulary i wuz getting headaches

CIFP

Smash Rookie
Thanks to people that gave some advice. This video was not meant to be a Holy Grail for Fox players. I understand this video is not going to be enjoyable for everyone. A lot of people on this site are much better than me and of course they are going to find this video boring. On the other hand there are plenty of people on this site who are around or below my skill level and will probably enjoy this video. I plan on making a few more videos, and don't worry, the Marth clip at the end will not be in them.

CIFP

Smash Rookie
My mental understanding of the game is well beyond my finger abilities. When I play, I know what I'm doing wrong, because it's the obvious things like missing L-cancels, hitting the wrong buttons. By showing myself when I do what I'm trying to do, and getting feedback, I'm hoping to improve my mental understanding of my game. Obviously no one else can help me with the finger skills, i just need to practice. I will load a match on here sometime though.

ThePhilAllen

Smash Rookie
Very Nice

Very nice video, I have the same sorta classic fox style also. Your much better ofcourse ahah. I use less Reflector, more kicks :p

Top Bottom