• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Overflow - Brawl + Project M - November 9th, 2013 - Temple City, California

What should the Side Event be?

• 3v3 Crew Battles

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Mid/Low Tier Tournament

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

A Fall/Winter SoCal Regional featuring top players from SoCal, Las Vegas, and Arizona!

Thanks to BlueZone for making this incredible Overflow Trailer!

http://www.apex-series.com/

Placing well in this event and other qualifier events will earn you points, which seeds you better at Apex 2014. The top 8 players in the singles tournament at each event will earn points. The following is how the distribution of points will work:

1st – 128 points
2nd – 64 points
3rd – 16 points
4th – 8 points
5th – 2 points
7th – 1 point

Schedule
Venue Opens: 11am
Brawl Doubles Registration/Friendlies: 11:30-12:30
Brawl Doubles: 1:00
Project Melee Registration: 1:30
Project Melee Singles: 2:00 (while doubles is going on
Brawl Singles Registration: 3:00-4:00
Brawl Singles Bracket: 4:30 (after doubles bracket)
Side Event: 6:00 (may happen while singles are goiing on

Venue Fee: $10
Brawl Singles: $5
Brawl Doubles: $10 (5 per person)
Project M: $3
Side Event: $2

Discounts:
$2 off venue fee for bringing a wii or TV.
$4 off venue fee for bringing both

Please no smoking in the venue. You can do it outside.

Will be updated as the date approaches.
Brawl Singles Payout:
1st - 58% of pot
2nd - 28% of pot
3rd - 9% of pot
4th - 5% of pot

Brawl Doubles/Project Melee/Side Event Payouts:
1st - 60% of pot
2nd - 30% of pot
3rd - 10% of pot
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brawl Ruleset

Bring your own controller.

Settings:
3 stocks
8 minute timer
Items set to off and none
Team Attack On
Pause Off*
No aesthetic hacks*

Stages:
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Gameplay:
•Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals are best of five.
•All other sets are best of three.
•Timeout victories are determined by stock count, ledge grab limit (35 per player), percent.
•Double Meta Knight is banned in teams.
•Any action that can prevent the game from continuing is banned (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, stalling under the stage, etc.).

Conduct:
•Tournament attendees are expected to maintain respectful conduct towards other attendees and players (i.e. not knocking players, yelling in ears, etc.).
•Tournament attendees are expected to respect the venue, equipment, and other's property; and liable for any damages they render.
•Coaching is allowed only between games.
•Bracket manipulation is not allowed (intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, subbing).
•Wii Remote must have batteries removed when not playing.

All other inquiries and issues are determined at the discretion of the TO. Failure to adhere to rules will lead to punishment at the TO's choosing, which could include the removal from the venue.

First game procedure:*
-Players determine who chooses port and who chooses stage strike order, if necessary by coin flip (or other method agreed to by players)
-Players choose port, alternating between teams in doubles.
-Players strike stages in alternating order:
1 strike - 2 strikes - 1 strike - 1 strike - 1 strike

After each game:*
-Players may counter pick the next stage and controller port after a game loss.
-Players may strike the last stage they lost on during their opponents counter pick.
-Players may (additionally) strike another stage during their opponents counter pick.

In the event of a tie, a 1 stock 3 minute lgl 10 match will be played to determine the winner.

*per request by player

------------–----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Project Melee Singles Ruleset

4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
All items set to OFF and item frequency set to NONE
Input Assist set to OFF.
Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
Dave's Stupid Rule: A stage that a player has won on in a set cannot be counterpicked unless the opponent agrees.
Stage strike from starters for the first match of the set in "122112" fashion:

First player strikes one stage.
Second player strikes the next two stages.
First player strikes the next two stages.
Second player strikes one stage.

After each match:

Winner announces two (2) stage bans
Loser chooses counterpick stage
Winner chooses their character
Loser chooses their character

Stage list

Singles
Starters:

Battlefield
Dream Land
Final Destination
Pokémon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks:

Dracula's Castle
Green Hill Zone
Lylat Cruise
WarioWare, Inc.
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
Sounds like fun! I would love to come if all falls into place. Course I am around an hour away, so it's a bit of a drive, I'd love to play some P:M singles/doubles for my first tournament. I'd bring my Wii, and maybe a TV if I could squeeze it in. BTW, what's the official prizes for completing the tournament?

D

Deleted member

Sorry, I'll include that in the description later today when I get home!

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
So basically if I want to play singles in Project M, the fee is $18 total right?

D

Deleted member

So basically if I want to play singles in Project M, the fee is $18 total right?
No, it'll be $13 if your just entering project m. Remeber, bring wis/tvs to get a discount on venue fee!

D

Deleted member

No, it'll be $13 if your just entering project m. Remeber, bring wis/tvs to get a discount on venue fee!

double post sorry

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
Oh okay! It's 5 for Brawl and 3 for PM. Mmk, gotcha! So excited for this!!!!

D

Deleted member

Yes, but don't forget you must pay venue fee. Make sure to bring extra wiis for project melee as my setups will be for brawl.

Tustin Lee

Smash Rookie
Any idea of how much people will be coming? Also will it cost anything to spectate or just play friendlies here?

D

Deleted member

Well, it is going to be a regional, so I expect more than 40. And yes, you must pay venue fee to spectate/play.

D

Deleted member

Any idea of how much people will be coming? Also will it cost anything to spectate or just play friendlies here?
Actually, I think I will make a separate fee for spectators. I'll just make it $5 for spectators if you want to watch/play friendlies. Remember, bring setups becaause the discounts will still apply!

D

Deleted member

Updated discounts! Now it's $2 off of venue for bringing a tv or wii, and $4 off if you bring both! Bring setups!!!

D

Deleted member

I may go to this.

I haven't been to a tourney in years. Anything I should expect in the Brawl tournament?
Well, we have top players from socal coming such as tyrant, as well as fow from vegas and k9 from az, so i expect a lot of competition as usual. Look forward to some upsets!

Priority Fire

Smash Rookie
This is my first tourney so I'm not sure if this goes for all of them, but at 11:30 are they only doubles friendlies, or are there 1v1 friendlies too?

Just making sure, sorry :p

D

Deleted member

This is my first tourney so I'm not sure if this goes for all of them, but at 11:30 are they only doubles friendlies, or are there 1v1 friendlies too?

Just making sure, sorry :p
It's all good, nothing to be sorry about :)
Whenever the venue is open and the setups are set up, you are more than welcome to do any kind of friendlies. There isnt a set procedure for friendlies, just get on a setup and play! :D There will be an announcement to stop all friendlies when doubles/singles are ready. Hope to see you there! :)

Xethos

Smash Cadet
Finally a tournament I can attend!!!! I've been waiting so long for an actual tourney against others besides Anime Expo. Can't wait!

BTW will there be any melee friendlies going on, or just brawl/P:M?

D

Deleted member

Just brawl/p:m for this tournament. Hope to see you soon :)
Also hype only 5 days left!!!

Priority Fire

Smash Rookie
Whenever the venue is open and the setups are set up, you are more than welcome to do any kind of friendlies. There isnt a set procedure for friendlies, just get on a setup and play! :D There will be an announcement to stop all friendlies when doubles/singles are ready. Hope to see you there! :)

Thanks! :) Came up with more questions, haha: I plan to bring my Wii for the discount, do you want me to bring it in time for friendlies/another specific time or whenever? (latest I'll arrive will be 3:00, may arrive earlier) & on a similar note, do you want me to stay with the wii till a certain time so that others may play?

also, how big do you expect the pot to be for this tourney?

Xethos

Smash Cadet
Sorry about asking so many questions, but is there a live stream of this? There is no url above so i was confused :/ Sorry, my friend can't make it so he wants to watch the stream.

D

Deleted member

Sorry about asking so many questions, but is there a live stream of this? There is no url above so i was confused :/ Sorry, my friend can't make it so he wants to watch the stream.
Yes, there is! I'll be adding it soon with a trailer for the tournament! And no troubles man, ask away :)

D

Deleted member

Thanks! :) Came up with more questions, haha: I plan to bring my Wii for the discount, do you want me to bring it in time for friendlies/another specific time or whenever? (latest I'll arrive will be 3:00, may arrive earlier) & on a similar note, do you want me to stay with the wii till a certain time so that others may play?

also, how big do you expect the pot to be for this tourney?
Anytime is alright to bring a wii, granted there is a TV to put it on. It's reccommended to get there early so that you can guarantee that your wii is used, and you get to play more friendlies. And no, you can stay with the wii as long as you want, but make sure to let me or anyone who is running the bracket know so I can have an accurate count of the setups!

Gammawaves

Smash Rookie
How many alterations can we make to our M, as far as stage textures and different character models assuming nothing affects the gameplay. Ex. my PK Stadium 2 has rain and it could possibly be distracting, i also have doct. mario skin and mega lucario and most of the music is replaced with Touhou music. How much of this stuff could i keep if any... so pretty much im asking if u want me to come with a clean PM or are these mods fine.

Xethos

Smash Cadet
Hey, my friends and I are bringing a wii or two. Question is are there going to be any hd tv's that are capable of component cables, cuz we have component cables and regular cables, but can't bring a tv to be confirmed. Just asking to be sure.

D

Deleted member

Hey, my friends and I are bringing a wii or two. Question is are there going to be any hd tv's that are capable of component cables, cuz we have component cables and regular cables, but can't bring a tv to be confirmed. Just asking to be sure.
I actually discourage bringing HD tvs because of input delay. More likely than not all the tvs will be regular CRTs. Its better to bring a wii with regular cables.

D

Deleted member

How many alterations can we make to our M, as far as stage textures and different character models assuming nothing affects the gameplay. Ex. my PK Stadium 2 has rain and it could possibly be distracting, i also have doct. mario skin and mega lucario and most of the music is replaced with Touhou music. How much of this stuff could i keep if any... so pretty much im asking if u want me to come with a clean PM or are these mods fine.
I'm fine with that, as long as its not too distracting to the player. If he/she may request to take off the texture it may pose a problem since you can't just take out the SD card with P:M. I'd say its better to be safe without the texture hack. I'm completely fine with the character and music hacks (ESPECIALLY SINCE ITS TOUHOU <3)

Xethos

Smash Cadet
Ok thanks! Just one more thing, I have to go to Six Flags directly before this, and won't be able to leave Six Flags until 12:45. If there is heavy traffic, I'll might be 5 minutes late for Project Melee, which is what I'm truly coming for. I'm sure I'm not going to be overly late though. Is there a possiblity that my friends and brother who will be there by 1:30 can sign me up?

I should be there in time to sign up myself, but just incase. Thanks!

D

Deleted member

Ok thanks! Just one more thing, I have to go to Six Flags directly before this, and won't be able to leave Six Flags until 12:45. If there is heavy traffic, I'll might be 5 minutes late for Project Melee, which is what I'm truly coming for. I'm sure I'm not going to be overly late though. Is there a possiblity that my friends and brother who will be there by 1:30 can sign me up?

I should be there in time to sign up myself, but just incase. Thanks!
Thats totaly fine! As long as someone lets me know ahead of time, you should be alright. As long as im not holding up the tournament, I can try to wait as long as I can. I'll try to start up other matches if you aren't there, but if your match comes up and you aren't there you will be disqualified after 10 mins. Alternatively if for some reason your brother doesn't show up you can call or text me at (818) 876-2090. Text me the name you want to enter as and try to tell me how long itll take to show up.

D

Deleted member

Correction on the flyer; The address says 9140 E Las Tunas Drive; The address is 9410 E Las Tunas Drive
Very sorry for the mistake, however the address directly written on smashboards/facebook/allisbrawl is correct.

D

Deleted member

Are food or drink allowed in the venue? :o
Yes, but please do be careful not to drop or spill anything. There are benches outside where you can eat, but if you bring it in just make sure not to drop please I have to clean everything up at the end so it would be helpful!

D

Deleted member

To Project Melee Players: I am going to raise the entry for project m singles from $3 to $5 for bigger pot because I have much more players than expected. Also hype, 1 more day left!Also, make sure to bring project melee setups, i will only have 1 or 2 wiis that im bringing setup for project m.

Top Bottom