• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Outer Heaven - Kept You Waiting Huh?! Snake Social Thread

Who are The Patriots?

• Zero, Ocelot, Big Boss, EVA, Sigint, and Para-Medic

• La-li-lu-le-lo. La-li-lu-le-lo. La-li-lu-le-lo.

Results are only viewable after voting.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I kind of meant both, since there aren't any controller ports (though I think the statue method is in this one? I'm not sure since I never used it) and I don't think any of the PS1 games that he reads are on the Switch, which takes away from the fun factor of that fight a bit.

(Though they did find a way to make the twist with Meryl's code work - one of the screenshots on MGS1's eShop page shows it)
Looking at the PC version of the game they just completely omit that part of the dialogue. Which is probably the way they’ll go unfortunately. They could go the extra mile since there is a Suikoden remaster coming out and the Castlevania anniversary and advance collections are on the consoles this collection will release on and read for those games but that seems like a bit of a stretch.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Looks like they do have the option to put data onto a fictional memory card for the Psycho Mantis boss fight, so you can mix and match his comments however you see fit.

I picked up Metal Gear 1, 2, and Metal Gear Solid; MGS2 and 3 are the same as they were on the HD collection (which I have on Xbox 360), and the Master Collection versions take up a ton of space on the Switch from what I've seen, so I'm fine with just having the older games. (I've beaten The Twin Snakes several times, but I've never played the original Metal Gear Solid)

EDIT: I only played a bit of the game, but I like the inclusion of VR missions (they weren't in The Twin Snakes), and listening to the briefing, Colonel Campbell sounds more sinister and dismissive of Snake's post-retirement life, openly sneering at him. I don't remember him being like that in the Twin Snakes briefing; from what I recall (and what I've seem from skimming through a Youtube video of the Twin Snakes briefings), he was friendlier to Snake; I prefer that characterization. (also, Naomi Hunter has a British accent, though I think I prefer her without one; maybe that's just what I'm used to)

Last edited:
Top Bottom