• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Outer Heaven - Kept You Waiting Huh?! Snake Social Thread

Who are The Patriots?

• Zero, Ocelot, Big Boss, EVA, Sigint, and Para-Medic

• La-li-lu-le-lo. La-li-lu-le-lo. La-li-lu-le-lo.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Besides replaying some of the missions on a **** hole difficulty, it's definitely worth it in my opinion just for the extra cutscenes and other secret stuff.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Snake's amiibo comes out September 20th, along with Squirtle, Ivysaur, and a Link's Awakening amiibo. (I'm a little surprised they're making amiibo outside of the Smash Bros. series, which they're basically obligated to do)

I missed out on K. Rool's amiibo due to underestimating the demand for new amiibos in my area (or maybe it's the lack of supply), so I'm going to try to preorder Snake's amiibo. It seems weird to pre-order one of them when we're no longer in the anarchic first waves, where figures were scarce and it was a free-for-all when it came to anything that wasn't a Mario character, but if there's one amiibo that I want most of all, it's Snake. (or Banjo. I can't believe it's happening!)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm playing through Metal Gear Solid 4 for the first time, and act 5 is a nightmare. Maybe it's because I used up all of my healing items on previous chapters, so I have none left and no way to get any beyond randomly stumbling across them, but the first section is a pain due to infinitely respawning FROG soldiers and Gekkos (especially when the Gekkos LITERALLY kill you in one hit), and now I'm stuck on the second section, where I'm forced into a prolonged firefight with FROG soldiers who can take off half of my health with a single machine gun burst and attack me from every angle.

I generally try to play pacifist runs in Metal Gear Solid games, though in this case, I have no idea how that's supposed to be possible. My only options seem to be a pistol, a shotgun, and a sniper rifle if I want to take people out non-lethally, and all of those are too slow to reliably hit the FROGs. (unless they're at close range, but at that point, they've drained most of my health)

I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to do here; it's basically trial and error, and a huge difficulty spike from the rest of the game up to this point. (though act 4 was pretty rough as well, with several forced Gekko fights) I'm not looking forward to the boss fights with Screaming Mantis or Ocelot.

EDIT: Just beat Screaming Mantis, which was easier than I thought it would be. Now I should just have to go through the microwave hallway and fight Ocelot.

EDIT 2: beat the game!

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Good news, Snake fans! Just to remind that the Snake Amiibo will be out soon. So, you won't have to wait any longer to get your hands on one.

1567639734066.png

Last edited:

LoserPluzsik

Smash Rookie
NNID
PinkieKeen29
Snake is hot. Look at my avatar and imagine that with David Hayter's sexy-ass voice (which is like Steven Blum after smoking a few cigs.)

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
How's it going Snake Thread? It's been a minute since I posted in this thread. Man, I remember frequenting this thread hellas during Smash 4 speculation and pre-E3. Isn't great not having to sit wondering if he'll be DLC again?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Found this yesterday at a GAME store

20200118_221452.jpg

According to many retailers and websites, It is supposed to be sold out all over my country.

So I got quite a seriously rare finding.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
https://twitter.com/JackControllers/status/1239273686567354368?s=20

God...I hope this isn’t true. If this is true, then Snake and Simon aren’t returning next game.
From what I've heard it isn't. Apparently they pushed out this article because of the Silent Hill rumors. Plus, this Site or whatever has no reputation. COULD it happen? Yeah, but Konami has been trying to make a Console gaming comeback I don't see then selling off their IP as they're trying to do that? Exclusive deals? Yeah, I could probably see that.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
From what I've heard it isn't. Apparently they pushed out this article because of the Silent Hill rumors. Plus, this Site or whatever has no reputation. COULD it happen? Yeah, but Konami has been trying to make a Console gaming comeback I don't see then selling off their IP as they're trying to do that? Exclusive deals? Yeah, I could probably see that.
Yeah looking closer into it, the source is 4chan

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I know this is a few months old, but I can't believe that Dunkey managed to accurately summarize the Metal Gear Solid series. If you were unfamiliar with the series, it would be hard to tell what's real and what's made up.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hi Snake Fans, iv'e come here to ask you guys if anyone seen the recent news on the rumors that sony and konami would bring back the silent hill game on ps4?

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hi Snake Fans, iv'e come here to ask you guys if anyone seen the recent news on the rumors that sony and konami would bring back the silent hill game on ps4?
We have. Unfortunately this is the only thing we have to off of that's official right now.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
So, the Silent Hills rumors aren't true, sadly. On the bright side though this also means that Sony isn't buying up Metal Gear so that's nice!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
We have. Unfortunately this is the only thing we have to off of that's official right now.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
So, the Silent Hills rumors aren't true, sadly. On the bright side though this also means that Sony isn't buying up Metal Gear so that's nice!
i'm relief for Castlevania, Metal Gear, and Yes Silent Hill

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
In a few months time, it would have been 2 years since Snake was announced as a returning character in a trailer that caught pretty much everyone by surprise.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
https://twitter.com/VogtRoberts/status/1260293444691390465

The director of the Metal Gear Solid movie is going to be posting concept art throughout the next few days, as well as a video of some of the Metal Gear cast acting out Snake's quarantine experience. (fair warning; Snake says one word towards the end that would normally be censored here)

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
There's a Metal Gear Film Coming Soon!?
I don't know about "soon", but they've got a director for it, at least. It's hard to tell what it will be based on going by the concept art, or how much of this concept art will make it into the final film. (some of the concept art contains graphic imagery - nothing as bad as the ending of Ground Zeroes, but there are a few bits involving Gray Fox that look rough) There's bits of Metal Gear Solid 1-5, Peace Walker, Metal Gear, and Metal Gear 2 in there.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It's been well over 24 hours since I last posted, so I figure I should bump this thread because I saw this on Twitter:

I wish I could make something even half as good as this.

Also, can you believe it's been nearly five years since Metal Gear Solid V came out?

That first encounter with Sahelanthropus is one of those video game moments that is going to be etched into my brain - trying to sneak around, hide from, and survive against a Metal Gear really put into perspective how terrifying they are when it's not just a boss fight in a big arena.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Fall Guys is sort of a new phenomenon so it’s not a surprise that every company out there wants in on it.

According to a few people I’ve talked to, Konami’s Games Division has been having a shake up so it’s notable that we could get a Capcom level Redemption Arc somewhere down the line. While I’m not optimistic about that, it is at least hopeful because I heard that even with Konami’s success their stock or shareholder faith has been depleting because of the pandemic and them making basically no money off of Pachinko. Their mobile games are still doing good which is still worrisome but at least they realized they were missing out on money. Maybe they will pull a 180 am contract Silent Hill and Metal Gear back out to the new Kojima Productions.

I dunno. I’m feeling hopeful and I feel like my optimism needs to be shared because god knows we, Metal Gear and Konami fans I mean, don’t get a lot of it.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Oh hey I didn’t even know there was a Metal Gear themed thread. Nice.

My only real hope for the future of the series as of right now to be honest is just that each of the games get a proper rerelease on modern consoles. And no I don’t mean an MGS1 or 3 remake, all the old titles properly rereleased. I love this series a lot and have been trying to get some friends into it but it’s quite the tough sell when they need a console from two generations ago to even be able to play them all and I fear the series might get forgotten more as it becomes more inaccessible. Just want current consoles to be able to play them that’s all I really want for now.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Honestly thats one more reason that it was important for Snake to be in Ultimate for me, even if Metal Gear as a series is done or never has a good game again, Snake is apart of gaming history and gets to be with other gaming legends in smash, not a bad way to go out.
I am so glad Everyone is Here exists for Smash Ultimate.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I'm surprised that the NES version of Metal Gear was included in this, along with Snake's Revenge.

The first three MGS games will also be released separately; I might pick up Metal Gear Solid 1 depending on the price. (as far as Metal Gear Solid 1 is concerned, I've only ever played Twin Snakes)

EDIT: Wait, how will that work for Psycho Mantis?

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Wait, how will that work for Psycho Mantis?
Edit his GameCube lines to remove "Melee", "Sunshine", etc. I guess.

He's pretty much screwed for every platform this'll be on anyway.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Edit his GameCube lines to remove "Melee", "Sunshine", etc. I guess.

He's pretty much screwed for every platform this'll be on anyway.
The only in Twin Snakes in the original it was Castlevania and I think Suikoden and one other.

i think Mega means in terms of swapping controller ports and his other mind games.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I kind of meant both, since there aren't any controller ports (though I think the statue method is in this one? I'm not sure since I never used it) and I don't think any of the PS1 games that he reads are on the Switch, which takes away from the fun factor of that fight a bit.

(Though they did find a way to make the twist with Meryl's code work - one of the screenshots on MGS1's eShop page shows it)

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't think any of the PS1 games that he reads are on the Switch
Well to be fair, he just asks if you've played Castlevania. It could easily be repurposed for the Anniversary Collection.

Top Bottom