• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

IvanEva

Smash Ace
I like funny (albeit useless) surveys. I lost track of the deadline but most of my answers would have involved Lucas or Marth. :p

Also, I've decided to NOT go to FFYF2. After weighing my options I came to the conclusion that there are several other things that I could go to this weekend that would benefit me more and at much less cost. I'd like to be there but now's really not a good time for me to be spending so much money.

Jobin, if you could (and yes, you can), bring Colossus and the memory card with you to Capoeira class this Thursday. You better have beaten it by now. It's the best game on PS2!

buenob

Smash Lord
13 and 5 were my favourites...

you making it out to ffyf2 mike? is niko?

ps. cam - sat morning can you post a list of people who are actually coming with you, so that I'll have a heads up with who i'll be teaming with lol (if andrew doesn't come, derek, you up for teaming?)

PND

Smash Champion
I don't think so. Unless anyone around here cancels last second, I don't have a ride. Hell, if I could get one to Ottawa, even, it sounds like there's a lot of free spaces, :chuckle: but that doesn't seem to be plausible ATM. I think Niko is going, though, so you can team with him if he doesn't already have a teammate.

I had to buy a new comp for work, and that drained a lot of cash from my disposable income.

Fogel

Smash Lord
13 and 5 were my favourites...

you making it out to ffyf2 mike? is niko?

ps. cam - sat morning can you post a list of people who are actually coming with you, so that I'll have a heads up with who i'll be teaming with lol (if andrew doesn't come, derek, you up for teaming?)
I was hoping to team with Derek :(
I don't know if I'll have time to post Saturday morning...at the moment the only other Brawl player coming with me is Derek (Phil only plays Melee), so unless Harold/Randy decide at the last minute to go, I don't think there will be anyone else for Brawl.

buenob

Smash Lord
ah well if you two team that's fine... just, if andrew would get off his *** and decide if he's going or not (definitively) then I can try to find a teammate... i hear percon can't make it, and I think KingAce will be there, so maybe i'll team with him if he want...

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Alright two things:

1. I love the Swiss system idea, but I don't have any idea how it is run. So if we are going to do this (I suggest we do) I nominate Ben or Cam to host it for that week, since they know the system better than anyone.

2. We should have one of those things everyone sends their version of the tier list to someone who then collects and posts it into one huge thread.

Dammit, wrong thread

infomon

Smash Scientist
wait, is... there something happening tonight?
I miiiight be able to make it, prolly not tho.
I'll prolly show up at smashfest tmrw night.

So today I went to Microplay, looking for a gamecube controller.
They had unofficial but very Nintendo-looking controllers for $25.
But they had used Gamecubes that come with a Nintendo GC controller for $40.

So I just bought a controller for $40 that came with a free gamecube :laugh:
The stick seems pretty tight so it should be good. I'm pretty sure I'll stick with classic controller for Brawl anyway.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, I'm sure some will. My obstacle (despite severe lack of practice) is that I'm not sure how many people would want to stop by K-ville to get me, lol.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah...I keep forgetting that, Mike, lol. And Alan, use your FFYF winnings after you come first to buy a gun to rob a bank with, gotta get these things done right. :laugh:

IvanEva

Smash Ace
wait, is... there something happening tonight?
I miiiight be able to make it, prolly not tho.
I'll prolly show up at smashfest tmrw night.

So today I went to Microplay, looking for a gamecube controller.
They had unofficial but very Nintendo-looking controllers for $25.
But they had used Gamecubes that come with a Nintendo GC controller for $40.

So I just bought a controller for $40 that came with a free gamecube :laugh:
The stick seems pretty tight so it should be good. I'm pretty sure I'll stick with classic controller for Brawl anyway.
Yeah don't go for those conts they are complete ****. Harold got one a long time ago... they LOOK good, but they really f*c*k*n* suck.

still Ariel btw, too lazy to sign out.

PND

Smash Champion
Dave and Bryant had second party controllers.

Well, had. They lasted maybe a week? I think this was back in the Melee days, though.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Oh, wow. Glad I went for the gamecube-included option, then.

Haven't tested out the controller yet tho; the stick felt fine but we'll see if it feels soft in actual play or w/e.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Cam, if you know how to handle this funny sounding swiss dealie, than yes, I'd be totally up for trying it. Does everybody still have an equal chance at winning? As in, will the better player always win?

Montreal-going guys: Good luck with the tournament! Rep the hell out of Ottawa! Demand Norfair! :p I regret not being able to go so you guys'll have to bring me back some winnings.

Randy: Good games yesterday/Thursday. You got so much better at SFIV in such a short time that it'll be interesting to see how we'll be faring against each other soon enough. Ben, get SFIV. On that Suo day you had the best tech skill so you too should practice it up. We can start our own non-shoryuken.com SFIV community...

Lastly, quick question: how many people actually ever see the first post in this thread? I'm just wondering how useful, if at all, it has been for people. If ever there's something you guys would like me to put up, just say so (including/especially pictures).

joblin

Smash Apprentice
I see the 1st page from time to time but there isn't much incentive to other than the picture which hasn't changed in duke nukem forever.

joblin

Smash Apprentice
Ally is just sandbagging, lol. Congrats Ben but if he would have chosen Captain Falcon you would have lost before the match started.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
He went G&W. Lawls.

Ally still took the tourney, apparently.

I almost beat Zaf in Round 1. Then Agora in Losers >.> Key word is Almost.

I teamed with Dennis. We were Team Piddy (Pit+Diddy). We did okay.

HAROLD

I (and a ****LOAD of others) rep'd Lucas in Low Tier. I got a Bye, then beat, uh...huh. Anyway, I beat somebody, then went into losers and had to wait a while, ending up against Derek. He took the set 2-1.
Link is beastly.

I watched Zaf VS Derek. Derek almost took the set. Ike rep!

Top Bottom