• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Melee Thread - Updated Summer 2016 Power Rankings!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So you guys know, I got back to QcRice. And ha...I might actually sign up for Brawl just for the sheer hell of it despite not actually having really played it for years and not having a Wii at home anymore. Or Melee, or something-Smash between getting destroyed in AE2012 and TTT2.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Are you guys going to make an event on facebook?

I'm worried about setups... I only have one gamecube and one copy of melee. I'll bring a tv too.

Lock

Smash Apprentice
Is Krackatoa planning to run multiple tournaments at the same time? From noon, a new game (Brawl/Melee/Tekken/SC5, etc.) is started after every hour. But even 15 minutes per round isn't enough to get through a 16-man at one hour. I could easily imagine 4+ games running into each other unless the turnout is low...

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I'm wondering this myself.

Lock, I'll probably want to try Project M.

Don't worry Alan, I'll still play minus with you.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I should try P:M, too. I mentioned it with Chris but I think it feels weird mainly because it doesn't have Melee's slick models/lighting to fit the gameplay.

Lock

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I'm surprised you guys haven't played it yet. Yup, it is a little weird, but for me it's because it feels like the Melee top tiers all are at 3/4 size (and therefore range). Still, it's what got me back into Melee recently - and some people like P:M even more than Melee because of its so many more playable characters.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I never tried it because out of the three SD Cards I have, one is for vanilla with music/infinite replay+camera, another is for public Minus build, and the other is for Minus developer experiments.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I'm not sure. A lot of the stuff there is ancient and not relevant now. Like the tournament results. You could wait until after the tournament I suppose.

No alcohol or drugs? We're in our twenties now.

The introduction doesn't really apply to Ottawa anymore. There aren't a lot of competitive Brawl players here now.

Current members is fine I suppose. I haven't played chloroform in years but he joined the facebook group recently so maybe he'd like to get back into it. No idea...

It doesn't really matter at all though, lol. It's just a thread.

We could try a serious top 5 PR after the tournament and add it to the OP.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
I did not see on the post on srk. I'm pretty sure they'll just link the apex ruleset.

OP is looking pretty good so far btw.

Add Revan to the list of current members. (AKA Tom, Florence, etc.)

Edit: He uses a lot of characters. Put him as Jigglypuff, that's his best, IMO.

Or just put him as Jigglypuff, Marth, Falco, Sheik, Peach.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Oops... my bad. I'll be there!

Hmmmm, if anybody else wants to practice, we'll have to figure out when. My schedule is pretty full...

Lock

Smash Apprentice

Is anyone familiar with the Algonquin College campus?

From what I can gather, the visitor's lot is the only available parking, at $1.50/hr on Saturday. I then haven't been able to find the John Gillett venue on the AC website...

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
I heard there is a tournament going on at Algonquin? Is this true... what time does it start? I may have to shamalamadingdong my way out there.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Funny you say that. The schedule is really screwy right now and I can only guess 2pm or 6pm.

Do you want some contact info so I can let you know?

I WANT A SALTY FALCON DITTO

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Great tournament, I just got home so I mind as well do the shoutouts:

LiveWiresX: Thanks again for mentioning Melee and helping host the event.

Blitz: Good to see you at the event and thanks for bringing a setup + a TV. That spaced fsmash vs the Montreal guy was very funny, I don't think he will be sleeping tonight.

Tom: Your jigglypuff is getting very good, I'm having a tough time against it and considering that you took Erays and GanonPwn down to the wire.

Vanitas: Great showing on your first "legit" tournament. Watching you 4 stocked that guy from Montreal was probably the highlight on the whole tournament. I was watching beside Chester and he said, " man I hope I don't play that guy ( referring to you )". I respond "actually I'm pretty sure you do play that guy", and he eyes widens and starts panicking.

Alan: Good to see you at the tournament, it was a little unfortunate that you were late and couldn't enter. Maybe next time!

GanonPwn: Good to you see again for the first time in about 3 years, it was still a very strong showing even though you were a bit rusty. I hope you come out again in the future.

And last but not least, thanks to Montreal for showing up. Congrats to PKMvodka for winning melee singles.

BL!TZ

Smash Ace
Shout outs!

First it was great to see everybody there! I'll be looking forward to meeting you all again!

Charles: GGs, your Falco is too good for my Falcon, haha!

David (Montreal): GGs! You probably would have done better against Tom if you were better warmed up. Hopefully next time we play you'll have more prep! I really enjoyed our set!

GanonPWN: I'm salty >: (

Al: Nice to see you again! I didn't get to play much with you, we'll have to do so another time.

Tom: Good stuff brah.

David and Anna: It's been a pleasure housing you two. I've already told you this but if you're ever in Ottawa again, I'd be happy to do so again.

Montreal players: Thanks so much for bringing setups! This tournament was so good, it wouldn't have been the same without you guys there!

Highlight for me was triple knee.

Vanitas

Smash Ace
Great tournament, I just got home so I mind as well do the shoutouts:

LiveWiresX: Thanks again for mentioning Melee and helping host the event.

Blitz: Good to see you at the event and thanks for bringing a setup + a TV. That spaced fsmash vs the Montreal guy was very funny, I don't think he will be sleeping tonight.

Tom: Your jigglypuff is getting very good, I'm having a tough time against it and considering that you took Erays and GanonPwn down to the wire.

Vanitas: Great showing on your first "legit" tournament. Watching you 4 stocked that guy from Montreal was probably the highlight on the whole tournament. I was watching beside Chester and he said, " man I hope I don't play that guy ( referring to you )". I respond "actually I'm pretty sure you do play that guy", and he eyes widens and starts panicking.

Alan: Good to see you at the tournament, it was a little unfortunate that you were late and couldn't enter. Maybe next time!

GanonPwn: Good to you see again for the first time in about 3 years, it was still a very strong showing even though you were a bit rusty. I hope you come out again in the future.

And last but not least, thanks to Montreal for showing up. Congrats to PKMvodka for winning melee singles.
Shout outs!

First it was great to see everybody there! I'll be looking forward to meeting you all again!

Charles: GGs, your Falco is too good for my Falcon, haha!

David (Montreal): GGs! You probably would have done better against Tom if you were better warmed up. Hopefully next time we play you'll have more prep! I really enjoyed our set!

GanonPWN: I'm salty >: (

Al: Nice to see you again! I didn't get to play much with you, we'll have to do so another time.

Tom: Good stuff brah.

David and Anna: It's been a pleasure housing you two. I've already told you this but if you're ever in Ottawa again, I'd be happy to do so again.

Montreal players: Thanks so much for bringing setups! This tournament was so good, it wouldn't have been the same without you guys there!

Highlight for me was triple knee.
Great tournament gaizz
Charlesz: I knew you were gonna place well =P Congrats! and LOL yeah apparently I did scare Chester a bit =P I need more Marth VS Fox practice. Way to rep ottawa!
BL!TZ: Unfortunately we didn't get to play much, but thanks for the small fox practice before, it might have prepared me a little bit for chester haha
Revan: I heard you tore up a lot of the competition with your puff, great stuff!
Alan: Your low tiers always impress me, if you would have entered, i'm sure you would have gave montreal a scare as well =P
GanonPWN!: I'm definitely john'ing, but I was tired when I got to play you, I'll give you a match that you deserve next time! Great job in rep'ing Ottawa!

Montreal players in particular (though they'll probably not even see this):
SSF: Choose Ganon next time! It's a better matchup VS IC's :bee: Close matches, I enjoyed a lot of our games
Chester: Next time, you won't be so lucky ;) Good games, the best set I played so far in my career haha
PKMvodka: GG's, you gave me a good representation of where my skills are at currently, it's amazing how you can play so many characters at a competitive level.

ERayz

Smash Journeyman
Is there anywhere I can see the results for Melee?

I think I'm 5th, but I'm not sure..
meh, but lost to 2nd, then 1st so it's not thaaaat bad

Sorry guys I didn't get to play you more, I wasn't in a good mood that day + my controller acted like **** all day (no johns, it was my fault to not bring my "spare" controller). Hope to see you again soon, I want more challengers!

Lock

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the late shout-outs, we've just returned from a long spring break - but it was great meeting everyone.

Chris: Thanks so much for hosting us and introducing us to Canada! We had an amazing time, and hardly noticed that we missed entry into the tourney.Your family was also really awesome - we loved the music and art around the house.

Alan: Hey, thanks for taking the time to show me Brawl Minus. I wish we could've played some more Flash Duel, but I guess we were all getting tired.
Tom: I really appreciated all the P:M games we played, they really let me experiment with a bunch of new characters. I don't get too many chances to play it around here...

Also, thanks to everyone who took the time to play me in some friendlies at the tournament; win or lose, they were all very fun.

Top Bottom