• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OTL- Chronic Incites Tournaments(Brawl, P:M, and SSB4)

Funcrazyfish

Smash Cadet
I would also like to participate in the Project M tournaments!
Mains are as follows: :ivysaur:,:bowser2:,:nessmelee:,:snake:

Slyer

Smash Cadet
Ah wonderful, see you all tomorrow at high noon in the wild west...(3:00 - 3 is er...noon! Out here in AZ at least.)

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
LoL ajefk you can't, please don't post so many in a row now that you know that you can't delete your post, as far as I know. Hope you do join, there should be a decent amount of people there, I hope.

VFXMario

Smash Cadet
NNID
TriMarcs
3DS FC
1289-9056-8269
Surprised I didn't hear about this before, anyway sign me up!
Brawl Singles
VFXMario(:mariomelee:)

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
~Chronic Incites Tournaments~

Welcome, this thread is for OTL tournaments and was previously had begun within "The Lazy Blokes Weeklies." It has since evolved into this, so I and some others can organize it more acceptable for the public and many others to enjoy.Thanks for https://fsmash.org/ for the great community and also Darklite, global-wolf for the support plus the idea of making this thread.

Where, When, What
The Regulars will usually start at 12:00 PM PST or 3:00 PM EST(For people who don't know) on Saturday though another tournament may start on some Sundays. *If you wish to sign up state your mains and what tourney your entering. The tournament's will be hosted within the chat and you can also talk at Fsmash with others if you wish. Though seeing many of them are joining these tournaments it would be a good Idea to do so. The regulars witch will be Brawl Singles will start at the same time, tournaments such as Project M will start on Mondays and Wednesdays at 1:00 PM PST or 4:00 PM EST! Project M Doubles will be on Fridays at the same time of Project M's singles and Brawl's doubles will be at the same time of the Regulars though will be on Sunday. I hope you enjoy these tournaments and hope they can continue to SSb4 or even onward.

Where it's at:http://xat.com/xat196531958

The Tourneys results will be featured here: http://otl.challonge.com/

The tournaments that will be featured are as listed:

Brawl:
-Singles
-Doubles

Project M Demo 2.5b:
- Singles
- Doubles

~Brawl Rules~

*General Rules:

-3 Stocks
-8 Minute Time Limit
-Items set to "Off" and "None"
-Grand Finals, Loser's and Winner's Finals are best out of 3/5.
-Metaknight's infinite dimensional cape and extended dimesional cape are banned.
-The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you such as scrooging (complete trips underneath the stage from one side to the other) twice in a row without landing on the main platform of a stage. Stalling will be punished by loss of a stock.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action unless the TO is able to reasonably call for a restart at the point of play stopping
-40 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters except Metaknight who has a Ledge Grab Limit of 30. If a player goes over the ledge grab limit and the game goes to time, the opponent will be declared the winner. If both players exceed the ledge grab limit, normal win conditions apply.
-If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death
-In the event of a match going to time , the winner will be determined by who had less percent at the end of the game if the game does not declare a winner
-If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 13 is used for all characters except Metaknight who has a ledge grab limit of 10.
-In the event pause is left on and is pressed, immediately call over the TO. Based upon the TO's judgment, the situation will be resolved. If your situation is neutral (players are on stage and not in combat), the match will be resumed as if the pause had not occurred. If your situation is advantageous to one individual and the player in the disadvantageous situation paused, the disadvantaged player must forfeit the current stock immediately. If a player resumes the game before the TO reaches the station, the player that unpaused will forfeit the game unless the opponent agrees to waive the forfeit. A player should not unpause without asking his opponent if he is ready to proceed and counting down to the match resuming.

Modified Rules for Doubles:
- Team Attack set to "On"
- Share Stock is allowed.
- In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
- In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
- If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.
- Double Metaknight Teams are banned

Determining Player Priority:

If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method: Teams will use a random method such as Rock-Paper-Scissors, Coin Flip, or Game and Watch Judge Magnitude, where the winner selects either first choice in port selection or choice in stage striking. Whichever team does not receive first choice in port selection will be compensated with choice in stage striking and vice-versa. Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Stage List:

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Delfino Plaza
Rainbow Cruise

Set Procedure:

- Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on.
- Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
- Each Team selects their characters. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
- The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will allow a team to strike a respective number of stages with turn denoted by hyphens: 1-2-2-1.
- The first match is played.- The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-determine controller ports
- Both teams may announce up to two "Stage Bans" in 1-2-1 fashion. The winning team of the first game will go first, followed by the losing team of the first game, followed by the winning team of the first game. Players may elect to forgo banning a stage by "passing" at any point, but they lose that turn of stage banning if they do so.
- The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next game. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in the set.
- The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
- The next match is played.
- Repeat previous until three steps until the set is completed.

~Project M Rules~
*General Rules
  • All items set to OFF and item frequency set to NONE
  • Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
  • Input Assist set to OFF.
  • Pause turned OFF. In the event of a pause, the offender forfeits their current stock.
  • Double Blind*: If elected.
  • Contest Port Priority*: If elected.
  • Standard DSR*
  • Gentleman’s Clause*
  • Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count.
Additional Rules for Teams Play:

• Team Attack: ON.
  • Life Stealing is allowed.
How to Play a Set:

1. Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind.
  2. Use Stage Striking* to determine the first stage.
  3. The players play the first match of the set.
    Prior to starting this match, either player may elect to Contest Port Priority.
  4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages (if applicable).
  5. The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
  6. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  7. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  8. The losing player of the preceding match gets first pick of port. Either player may elect for a Neutral Start, but RPS will not be played to determine first pick.
  9. The next match is played.
  10. Repeat Steps 4 through 9 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
***Term Definitions***

• Double Blind: Either player may request that a double blind selection occur. In this situation, a 3rd party should be told, in secret, each of player’s choices for the first round. Both players are to then select their first round character, with the 3rd party validating that the character selected is the same as their word.
  • Contest Port Priority: If an agreement cannot be made as to who gets what port, the players may enact a best of 1 game of Rock Paper Scissors. Winner gets their port selection, loser selects any other port.
  • Standard DSR: A player/team may not counterpick to a stage they have won on.
  • Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR.
  • Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter list until there is one stage remaining.
    Players strike stages in this order: Player 1, Player 2, Player 2, Player 1.
Starters:

• Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Smashville
  • Green Hill Zone
Counterpick:

• Dracula's Castle
  • Dreamland
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Yoshi's Island: Brawl
  • Metal cavern
  • Pokemon stadium 1
  • Castle siege
  • Skyworld
  • Skyloft
  • Halberd
  • Rumble Falls
  • Yoshi's story
  • Corneria
Doubles:

Starters:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Smashville
  • Green Hill Zone
Counterpick:

• Dracula's Castle
  • Dreamland
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Norfair
  • Yoshi's Island: Brawl
  • Pokemon stadium 1
  • Castle siege
  • Skyworld
  • Skyloft
  • Halberd
  • Rumble Falls
  • Yoshi's story
  • Corneria
Stage Bans

Each player/team gets 1 stage ban, declared each time they win a game in the tournament set.

Rules from:http://smashboards.com/threads/hype-3-mww-championship-100-pb-ft-darkrain-darkatma-dope-sethlon-strong-bad-vro-mjg.335478/

News:
@ July. 20th Saturday, 12:53 PST
To inform everyone the tourney will commence tomorrow at its set time for brawl singles. If your wondering for the lack of tourneys it's because I was on vacation and just came back. The tourneys will run as usual on this date forward. I apologize for all those that came for the others, I will try to make up the lost tourneys some how. Thanks and hope you come to the upcoming tourneys!

@ July. 1th Wednesday, 2:52 PST
Sorry for the lack of tourneys I haven't been feeling so good in the last days. Though I plan on having a Brawl Singles tomorrow at 3:00 PM EST or 12:00 PM PST and boot up Project M Singles back on it's original date, Wednesday on the same time. I hope you understand and Thanks.

@ June. 26th Wednesday, 4:31 PST
The tourney for Project M has official started today. The tournament will be held at 1:00 PM PST or 4:00 PM EST. Sign ups will be closed for the tourney starting 10 minutes after it has began. I recommend showing up on time if you want to be ready.

@ June. 22th Saturday, 2:31 PST
The Tournament starts today so make sure you can make it at 12:00 PM PST or 3:00 PM EST. Project M has also now been made to be on Mondays and Wednesdays at 1:00 PM PST or 4:00 PM EST. Thanks for the Support!
PLEASE DON'T BE LATE!

@ June. 21th Friday, 12:24 PST
The tournament this week will be on Saturday, June. 22th at the time 12:00 PM PST or 3:00 PM EST. The tournament will start at that time though you have till 10 min to register after that I won't be taking anymore people for that single tournament in use. DON'T BE LATE!

Regulars:
  1. Bmullins123 :marthmelee:, :falcomelee:, :pit:, :mariomelee:
  2. TheFireDragon2225 :mariomelee:, :toonlink:, :nessmelee:
  3. Richard 89 :bowser2::ike::marthmelee::wolf:
  4. Bman :diddy:, :toonlink:, :lucas:,:snake:,:falcomelee:
  5. Firewater1989 :popo:, :olimar: , :pikachu2:,:luigimelee:
  6. Streedurrr :toonlink:, :pikachu2:,:nessmelee:
  7. Sectumsempra:metaknight:
  8. xtremee
  9. KingCarl_MD :metaknight:, :kirby2:, :popo:
  10. Slyer :wolf:
  11. Nomad_ _UT :pikachu2: , :metaknight:
  12. Starline :metaknight:, :snake:, :marthmelee:, :olimar:, :falcomelee:
  13. char :kirbymelee:
  14. U.K.L. :zerosuitsamus:, :pikachu2:
  15. B.O.T :kirby2:, :peach:
  16. Have Heart :metaknight:, :popo:, :lucario:
  17. G4GaMiNg :ganondorf:, :warioc:, :gw:
  18. Jesus&W :zerosuitsamus:, :dk2:, :ike:, :lucas:
  19. Termina bay :gw:, :warioc:, :olimar:
  20. WindNitr0 :metaknight:, :sonic:, :marthmelee:
  21. Ksaii :falcomelee:, :pikachu2:
  22. Willam :marthmelee:, :ike:,:sheilda:, :kirby2:,:samus2:
  23. Dashunicorn :marthmelee:,:falcomelee:(Unconfirmed mains)
  24. ~Quest~ :metaknight:, :toonlink:,:zerosuitsamus:,:sonic:,:marthmelee:
  25. Shamrock7r (Random)
  26. Blankvi (Random)
  27. BPF :metaknight:, :marthmelee:,:popo:
  28. Funcrazyfish:jigglypuff:, :toonlink:, :kirby2:,:ike:
  29. Tosicamir :fox:
  30. Thommy :olimar:
  31. VFXMario :mariomelee:
Project M Demo 2.6b:

1. Bmullins123 :marthmelee:, :falcomelee:, :pit:, :mariomelee:, :falcon:
  2. Firewater1989 :squirtle: , :gw:, :pikachu2:.:luigimelee:
  3. Poloflipx :marthmelee:, :toonlink:,:rob:
  4. мacнiaνειιi» :sheik:,:ivysaur:, :linkmelee:, :marthmelee:, :falcomelee:
  5. KingCarl_MD :ganondorf:, :sheik: , :falcomelee:, :dedede:, :marthmelee:
  6. ~Frozen Darkness~ :lucario:, :zerosuitsamus:, :charizard:, :wolf:, :peach:
  7. Nomad_ _UT :zerosuitsamus:, :snake:, :nessmelee:, :bowser2:, :ganondorf:
  8. Mr._SchnoogLe_Kweef Bros. :lucas:, :luigimelee:, :olimar:
  9. KoLo :mariomelee:
  10. WindNitr0 :sonic:, :marthmelee:,:falcomelee:, :nessmelee:, :ike:
  11. Zmazh :mariomelee:, :warioc:, :toonlink:
  12. Bstuk:rob:
  13. -{ɖßɖί}-=SiLLyDJ=- :nessmelee:, :falcomelee:, :pikachu2:, :mario2:
  14. BPF :marthmelee:,:fox:
  15. ZachAttax64 :marthmelee:,:falcomelee:,:toonlink:,:ivysaur:,:mariomelee:
  16. Crescendo_VA :peach:
  17. Nox :link2:,:ganondorf:
  18. Funcrazyfish:ivysaur:,:bowser2:,:nessmelee:,:snake:
Doubles P:M & SSBB:

Regulars:
  1. Ksaii/Firewater1989
  2. Bman /Willam
  3. BPF/Himemiya
  4. Sectumsempra/?
Project M Demo 2.5b:

1. Poloflipx/Necko

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
Please refer to this post for the current tourney results:

--Results--
Singles Tournament #6~Coming Back~
@ July. 20, 2013
Brackets:http://otl.challonge.com/clnukb5l
1. Sparta Kick(Wolf/Snake)
2. Shamrock7r(Random)
3. Shapluar(Fox/Random)
4. U.K.L(ZSS/Pikachu)
5. Richard89(Browser/Ike/Marth/Wolf)
5. VFXmario(Mario)
7. Sectumsempra(Meta Knight)
7. B.O.T(Kirby/Peach)
==========================
9. Thommy(Olimar)
9. BPF(Meta Knight/Marth/IC's)
9. Slyer(Wolf)
9. Ksaii(Falco/Pikachu)
13. Tosicamir(Fox)
14. Firewater1989(IC's/Olimar/Pikachu/Luigi)

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
I wrote a message on your profile explaining my absence mullins. anyway I know i'm too late to continue, give my regards to ukl then please.

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
Hi, guys/gals just putting a heads up that I might not be able to host tomorrow's tourney due to the fact that I'am going to this fair (You may know it as Kay Days). I will hopefully find someone for tomorrow but it's still unconfirmed.
I will update this post, or if anyone experience with Challonge and has hosted tourneys before wants to host the tourney, please contact me on my wall, username. Thanks.
EDIT: I'am still looking for someone.
DOUBLE EDIT: I manage to find someone to host the tourney tomorrow so please come, he is the moderator there for the tourney and goes by ajefk. He will be managing but not participating.

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
I manage to find someone to host the tourney tomorrow so please come, he is the moderator in the xat for the tourney and goes by ajefk. He will be managing but not participating.
Please treat him with respect for he is the only one that offered to help out. The results will also be posted here by ajefk!
EDIT: Idk if ajefk ran the tourney, he may had to do something!

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
It seems the tourney didn't happen, so I plan on making it for tomorrow (Sunday) for this week at the same time it is always at. There might of been a lack of participants due to the new host, so many people didn't brother showing up.
I will be here Sunday and will be doing a revamped of the tourney missed on Saturday! Don't be Late!!!

G4GaMiNg2

Smash Rookie
NNID
G4Gaming
I will be able to go to the next tournament, so... yeah... you remember my character's, right?

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Gannon, wario, and G&W unless you want to change them?
~Project M Tournament results Pending~
Due to lack of participants there will be no tourney! I hope Wednesday will work out.

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
Just throwing it out there that there will be the Brawl Singles tournament tomorrow. So be their ON TIME. Take note I also got rid of the character lock.

Slyer

Smash Cadet
Well showed up at 12:00 and now 1:00 AZ time (we're lockstep with PST atm) and the channel was empty. If I'm in the wrong place let me know for next week...

bmullins123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah sure I have been gone for a week or so because I went to my cusions, though the tourneys will be going as usually now. The tourneys and dates can be read within the first post, as of recently the brawl singles will be held on Saturday at 3:00 EST or 12:00 PST and project M at 4:00 EST or 1:00 PST.
P.S. Soda you don't need to tell me your main's anymore, I thought of the rule and it's stupid, so therefore I got rid of it.
Knubs if you want to join just tell me. I haven't see you around for a while?

Wing67

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4768-7942-9531
Hmm, I'll try my hand at this tourney. I just hope I understand all the rules correctly. Though, I have seen tons of Brawl tourney vids, so I don't think I'll have a problem.

I would like to enter Brawl Singles.
My mains: :falco::bowser2:
My secondaries.. If you need 'em for whatever reason: :mario2::dk2:

-EDIT-
Eh, why not enter the PM tourney as well?
Mains: :metaknight: :bowser2:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Hmm, I'll try my hand at this tourney. I just hope I understand all the rules correctly. Though, I have seen tons of Brawl tourney vids, so I don't think I'll have a problem.

I would like to enter Brawl Singles.
My mains: :falco::bowser2:
My secondaries.. If you need 'em for whatever reason: :mario2::dk2:
Idk if these tourneys are going to continue, I've just notified bmullins that you three want to participate. He's the tourney host, but he hasn't been on here since last week, i'm hoping he returns sometime this week.

But if you want to brawl other people in the meantime, even though most users don't come when I recommend it, the brawl arena, here's the link: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-smashboards-arena-we-apex-now.275524/page-2607

Wing67

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4768-7942-9531
Alrighty, then. Thanks for the suggestion Richard! I'll check that out and see if I can hone my skills a little.

Top Bottom