• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other Trainers?

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
I feel like Sakurai missed an opportunity to put more than just two trainers (Red and Leaf). Don't get me wrong, Kantos trainers should be the only ones using Kantos Pokemon in smash as representation of what started it all. Even so, Ness using Pk fire and all those moves doesn't make any sense to me, hell Lucas learns pk flash in his game and Ness doesn't. All i'm saying is that it was a missed opportunity but it's still cool to see some representation of the other trainers in their alternate costumes as seen on the Pokemon trainer. Who knows, maybe these costumes are beta or something like Ridley doesn't have his meta form in the demo. I highly doubt it but it would be pretty awesome. Maybe when mods come out, we will be able to see these dreams come to life.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
When it comes to Pokemon protagonists, Red and Leaf are far from my favorite—that honor goes to Gold and Nate. But as you said, Kanto trainers should be the only ones using the Kanto starters. Maybe we can see other Pokemon protagonists as an Echo Fighter of Pokemon Trainer, but that's probably already asking too much.

chaostails7

Smash Cadet
A PT echo with different Pokes would be amazing. Almost certainly a pipe dream, but amazing nonetheless.

We probably aren't going to get one, though, since the costumes are already repping other gens.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I wouldn't mind Calem or Serena being alts (simply because the Kanto starters seem to share the spotlight with the Kalos starters). Though to be selfish, I personally don't care that Red and Leaf are the only protagonists as they are my favorite protagonists (Though Ethan is pretty awesome as well). I think the recolors are a good callback in themselves.

Top Bottom