• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other Special Moves Ganondorf could have had

Jotari

Smash Journeyman
So Ganondorf was a clone in Melee., that's no secret. And while cloning Captain Falcon's model and normal attacks was pretty much the only way to put him in the game, I wonder if that's true for the special attacks. These are the only things that make people think Ganondorf is a clone in the modern day, what could Ganondorf have been like if he'd been given different special moves right from the start. And that's generally how the cloned movesets in SSB64 worked. Here are some potential special moves I think they could have easily given Ganondorf in Melee.

*PK Flash: Possibly the only special move actually worse than Warlock Punch. It wouldn't increase his viability much, but it would probably look pretty cool and would be easy to implement as all you need to model is a charging pose for Ganondorf throughout the attack.

*Teleport: Ganondorf did teleport in his first game as Ganon, so it would be in character for him. But more than that, implementing Mewtwo's Teleport would probably be the easiest change you could make to a character as it has very few frames of animation. It's an extremely simple attack (if one can even call it an attack, as it deals no damage). However, I don't think I'd actually like this if it were the case, as I'm rather fond of Dark Dive, especially in Melee where it actually has pretty good tracking.

*Shadow Ball: Another Mewtwo attack that could have taken the place of Warlock Punch. This is probably the attack people who don't play Ganondorf would have most wanted to see Ganondorf to have. And as far as projectiles go it wouldn't have been the worst one for him to have as it knocks a heavy enough punch. But still, I'm not sure it would have really fit in with what they were going for on Ganondorf. He doesn't usually need it as a follow up to kill and it's a bit too slow to try and draw enemies in. Best it would work would be for mind games at a distance to put other players on edge. In addition of all the suggested changes here it would probably require the most remodeling to fit in quickly.

*Reflector: This is the most hilarious idea and the one that would have the biggest impact on the game. What if Ganondorf had his own Shine? Fox and Falco's reflectors are, pretty indisputably, the best attacks in the game. How far up the tier ranks would Ganondorf go if he had this one move? If you think it'd look a bit too Scifi on Ganondorf, then one could easily recolour it purple or make it look like dark flames. It's (I think) a 2D effect overlayed on the screen, so it would be rather easy to implement.

Well those are just some loose ideas I had. Tell me what you think Ganondorf would be like if he had one of these specials, or indeed, if you can think of any other specials he could have been given from among the existing non Falcon roster.

Top Bottom