• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other Pokemon you want to see in Smash?

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Grovyle from PMD is my most wanted Pokémon
However As for another trainer I would like to have Blue with :001::005::009:
As for Echo fighters for our current Pokémon I would like to have :026:, Mega Charizard X, Shadow Mewtwo
The easiest Pokémon to develop should be included as well :132:
As for other the rest I would be happy with :133::245:, Regigigas, Diancie, Deoxys, Rotom, Genesect, Magearna

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Haxorus is the ideal dragon type for Smash. Rock Slide could be interestingly incorporated into its moveset. It also has dual chop, outrage, poison jab, dragon tail and crunch to work with.

Paraster

Smash Lord
I wanted to submit a Sword/Shield Pokemon for my creation thread at one point and settled on Dragapult. That was mostly focusing on popularity and recognizability, though; my personal top SS pick would be Runerigus. (Maybe Grimmsnarl or Toxtricity as runner-ups.)

Outside of SS, I'd love Dhelmise, Noivern, Roserade, Serperior, Chandelure, or Mawile.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Ok now Magmar is becoming a pipe dream of mine. Magmar could creatively translate to Smash, a perfect mix of monster and humanoid. I would love this Mon in Smash probably over even any other Fire types. Magmar would be perfect.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
I honestly love every single Pokémon, and there really aren’t any that I’d be opposed to see appearing in Smash. Although I would prefer some with body types we haven’t seen yet, or ones that could incorporate play styles we haven’t really seen yet.

I would love to see Crobat, not only because its one of my top favorite Pokémon but also because it would be cool to see how a giant bat would fight in Smash.

I would also love to see just about any Mythical moon Smash. Manaphy and Hoopa are my personal favorites, but you could also get some cool gameplay out of Shaymin or Darkrai.

Also, I’d like to say that any Ultra Beast would be amazing. My personal pick would be either Guzzlord or Stakataka, but Blacephalon is my favorite of the bunch so I’d love to see that one too.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I honestly love every single Pokémon, and there really aren’t any that I’d be opposed to see appearing in Smash. Although I would prefer some with body types we haven’t seen yet, or ones that could incorporate play styles we haven’t really seen yet.

I would love to see Crobat, not only because its one of my top favorite Pokémon but also because it would be cool to see how a giant bat would fight in Smash.

I would also love to see just about any Mythical moon Smash. Manaphy and Hoopa are my personal favorites, but you could also get some cool gameplay out of Shaymin or Darkrai.

Also, I’d like to say that any Ultra Beast would be amazing. My personal pick would be either Guzzlord or Stakataka, but Blacephalon is my favorite of the bunch so I’d love to see that one too.
I certainly agree that Pokemon with more unusual body types would be great to have in smash

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm starting to become an active Garchomp supporter, cause it's a Pokemon with timeless popularity, and damn is he just cool and would make for a nice Smash fighter too. Something wicked and vicious looking, something different than the rest. Garchomp is just about a staple now in so many Pokemon games that don't follow the traditional gameplay, as Pokken and Pokemon Unite, it's only fitting I'd say.

Others I also think would be cool are Snorlax, and hear me out, he'd be a heavy weight Jigglypuff semi clone. Pound = Mega Punch, Rest = a healing move that's also Rest, Rollout can actually stay, and Up B could be something like Body Slam, think a cross between Dedede's Up B and Bowser's Down B.

Then there's Raichu whom I think would be cool as a Pikachu semi clone based around how Pikachu fought in Smash 64, maybe a bit slower , maybe a tipper mechanic on its tail too, and a Neutral B attack you can charge up (which is a thing I want for Pikachu too).

Blaziken is also a favorite that always seems to pop up when Smashers talk of Pokemon clones. Based around C.Falcon is a great concept yeah, but I agree with this one poster of earlier than a "Frankenstein" situation would be cool for Blaziken, pulling moves from different characters as Falcon, Incineroar, Charizard, you name it. It would fit, so why not?

Outside of these semi clones and Garchomp I have no huge preferences. Though I must say, if they include Blastoise for the "rivalry" with Charizard, and Mew for it's rivalry with Mewtwo, that would be awesome. That would make for wicked reveal trailers I always felt. Remember one of the first Pokemon Stadium commercials? That's how it would be. Cool as ****.

My age is showing here talking about these old 'mons, but I don't care. They're Nintendo characters after all and many have lasting popularity, and that's what counts. There's gotta be a time when adding the newest flavor of the month is just not gonna cut it, unless they're Lucario / Greninja levels of popular.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Gardevoir would easily be the least interesting of its line in Smash. It just has a regular human body with a weird dress-like membrane(?), so there isn't much to distinguish it from a Zelda or Peach in terms of non-special moves. Kirilia; Gallade; and Ralts on the other hand could all some crazy moves with their twirling tutu-like shape; razor hands; and psychic-powered clumsiness respectively.

I also think a serpentine Pokémon would be great, Onix especially

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I picture Gardevoir as a mixture of :ultrosalina::ultzelda: but I think she has the advantage of being easier to develop if they ever decide to put her in smash and due to her being a fan favorite in the Pokémon community

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm starting to become an active Garchomp supporter, cause it's a Pokemon with timeless popularity, and damn is he just cool and would make for a nice Smash fighter too. Something wicked and vicious looking, something different than the rest. Garchomp is just about a staple now in so many Pokemon games that don't follow the traditional gameplay, as Pokken and Pokemon Unite, it's only fitting I'd say.

Others I also think would be cool are Snorlax, and hear me out, he'd be a heavy weight Jigglypuff semi clone. Pound = Mega Punch, Rest = a healing move that's also Rest, Rollout can actually stay, and Up B could be something like Body Slam, think a cross between Dedede's Up B and Bowser's Down B.

Then there's Raichu whom I think would be cool as a Pikachu semi clone based around how Pikachu fought in Smash 64, maybe a bit slower , maybe a tipper mechanic on its tail too, and a Neutral B attack you can charge up (which is a thing I want for Pikachu too).

Blaziken is also a favorite that always seems to pop up when Smashers talk of Pokemon clones. Based around C.Falcon is a great concept yeah, but I agree with this one poster of earlier than a "Frankenstein" situation would be cool for Blaziken, pulling moves from different characters as Falcon, Incineroar, Charizard, you name it. It would fit, so why not?

Outside of these semi clones and Garchomp I have no huge preferences. Though I must say, if they include Blastoise for the "rivalry" with Charizard, and Mew for it's rivalry with Mewtwo, that would be awesome. That would make for wicked reveal trailers I always felt. Remember one of the first Pokemon Stadium commercials? That's how it would be. Cool as ****.

My age is showing here talking about these old 'mons, but I don't care. They're Nintendo characters after all and many have lasting popularity, and that's what counts. There's gotta be a time when adding the newest flavor of the month is just not gonna cut it, unless they're Lucario / Greninja levels of popular.
I was a bit biased when I stated Haxorus was the idea dragon type for Smash. Goodra could also be addictively fun. And spam-y. I didn't put much thought into Garchomp, but he'd be pretty heavy and jet like.

If we're talking about Starters in Smash, Emboar is criminally underrated. I feel like its the only fire Starter that could've have an excitingly fun moveset and aesthetic in Smash. Its really unfortunate he missed the boat.
I picture Gardevoir as a mixture of :ultrosalina::ultzelda: but I think she has the advantage of being easier to develop if they ever decide to put her in smash and due to her being a fan favorite in the Pokémon community
I find Gardevior somewhat.. wifu bait-y. Its a fan favorite essentially for off topic reasons. And really couldn't bring much when even Mewtwo share similarities to it. If I could pick, I'd much rather Kirlia because it'd be a ballerina play style.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I was a bit biased when I stated Haxorus was the idea dragon type for Smash. Goodra could also be addictively fun. And spam-y. I didn't put much thought into Garchomp, but he'd be pretty heavy and jet like.
Dragonite would also probably be considered if they're looking for some iconic Dragon type. Yet due to its popularity and prominence, I think Garchomp would make the most sense. Heavy and jet like he would be for sure.

If we're talking about Starters in Smash, Emboar is criminally underrated. I feel like its the only fire Starter that could've have an excitingly fun moveset and aesthetic in Smash. Its really unfortunate he missed the boat.
You had the typing right at least. I'd prefer Infernape honestly, but speaking Fire types and starters we all know it's gonna be Blaziken.

I find Gardevior somewhat.. wifu bait-y. Its a fan favorite essentially for off topic reasons. And really couldn't bring much when even Mewtwo share similarities to it. If I could pick, I'd much rather Kirlia because it'd be a ballerina play style.
Gardevoir is the most popular however, probably for some different reasons yeah. I imagine she'd work much like Rosalina indeed, with Specials more similar to Mewtwo. But Mewtwo covers all the Psychic needs honestly. To be honest I don't think Mewtwo represents it's psychic powers well enough even.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Hmm...off the top of my head:

Gengar - Mewtwo like, but faster and have dark/ghost/poison moves
Clefable
Zangoose
Blaziken
Gardevoir - can see as a Mewtwo/Zelda/Rosalina mixed
Grovyle
Garchomp
Totodile
Infernape
Buizel
Hawlucha
Hisui Zoroark would be SICK too

UserKev

Smash Champion
I don't think it matters what types are left unrepresented. What matters are what Pokemon are the most innovative. Forgot how much I would love Hitmontop. I'm also interested in how Golem would play.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I actually wouldn't mind Vileplume in Smash now. You can do an essential amount with its spores for various attacks. Absolutely amped for its projectile potential.

Other Pokemon I'm amped for:

Arcanine. You can give it breakdancing, football attributes, car wheeling, diving etc
Pheromosa would be a beast.
Flamigo could be hilariously versatile.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The idea of Pokémon Trainer 2 gets thrown around a lot, usually "region Pokémon Trainer", a professor, or a gym champion, but I'd personally go for a generic trainer class - imagine a Breeder with Riolu; Igglybuff; and Charmader as semi-clones of their evolved selves, a Bug Catcher with Scizor; Heracross; and Ariados, or a Youngster with a Zubat; Pidgey; and Rattata trio!

Veca Gorebyss

Smash Journeyman
I actually wouldn't mind Vileplume in Smash now. You can do an essential amount with its spores for various attacks. Absolutely amped for its projectile potential.

Other Pokemon I'm amped for:

Arcanine. You can give it breakdancing, football attributes, car wheeling, diving etc
Pheromosa would be a beast.
Flamigo could be hilariously versatile.

i love your arcanine and vileplume ideas. graceful beautiful "looks like would either be fast and hit pretty hard" or "looks like would hit hard" ideas.

you also seem to have paid attention to arcanines grace. with your moveset.

cool!

¤

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I've got quite a few specific Pokemon I'd love to see in Smash, but I was looking at Wario Wario Wario's idea for the Youngster and I had a slightly terrible but pretty funny concept that I think would be a lot of fun, specifically... Poké Maniac!

They'd be utterly terrible to play as but I think the concept itself is at least fun! I might actually come back to this thread at some point, I've got a few ideas in mind but... not right now.

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice
It's a shame how Smash represents Pokemon. All they care about is just shilling the newest gen, leaving many Pokemon that would be great fits for this kind of game out to dry. This is why I want to see a Pokemon-only platform fighter.
Gens 3 and 5 aren't even represented ffs

Last edited:
Top Bottom