• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other Pokemon you want to see in Smash?

UserKev

Smash Champion
After seeing another Starter speculation topic, I decided to post a topic more specific to Pokemon YOU would pick for Smash, Other than a Starter. When I think about it, there are far more Pokemon that'd really bring some creative and innovative play styles. Some Pokemon off the top of my head that would actually be fun for example, Miltank would be unique and interesting.

For my picks, Pokemon I would love:

Spinarak, I would love this thing's play style and stage intro. Spinarak could have some fun webbing attacks and excellent grab game.
For a fighting type, I would love Heracross that'd have a neat recover and Smash attacks.
Houndoom. Houndoom is another Pokemon I just realized I would love in Smash. Its not at all difficult to come up with a spicy move set for Houndoom.

A lot of us talk about the popular Grass candidates, but I would actually love a scaled down chibi sized Alolan Exeggutor. Mimikyu also still has my vote.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Onix would be absolutely perfect for Smash IMO. Not just a serpentine fighter but also a serpentine heavy - I don't think we've got a heavy with a truly uncoventional body shape yet - except maybe Piranha Plant. I don't care if there's "too many gen 1 reps!!!1!", it's the most iconic era of the franchise and one of its two popularity peaks, the other being over a game that at the time exclusively had G1 content. Give it some respect.

Trubbish would also be pretty cool, a floppy torso-less fighter with poison attacks.

Genesect seems like such an obvious addition, the moment I first saw it (which I believe was its Pokéball in 3DS/Wii U) I just thought "why isn't this thing in Smash?". Everything about it down to its body shape seems tailor fit for SSB.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Mimikyu - I have wanted Mimikyu in Smash when talks about a Gen 7 Reps began. To this day, I feel like it was one of Smash’s biggest mistakes to not make Mimikyu playable, especially from a marketing standpoint. Pikachu could finally have a rival in Smash. Mimikyu has become my most wanted Pokémon to join Smash.

Mew with Mewtwo - Thinking back Melee, I think it would have been a cool idea to include Mew as a partner with Mewtwo, since Mewtwo is a clone of Mew and the Ice Climbers existence. The Pokémon movie was released around or close to Melee’s development and Mew did well on the Pokémon side of the Smash 2 poll.

Deoxys - I always thought Deoxys could make for a really interesting moveset, especially if it could switch to all it’s different forms for attacks. It would have been cool to at least see Deoxys in Brawl, especially for that Rayquaza boss fight.

Mr. Mime - I know that sounds weird, but I love it when fighting games have jokes and meme picks. I always thought Mr. Mime would have been a perfect... WHAT?! inclusion for Brawl and later games.

Meowth - Meowth would have been an obvious perfect inclusion in Super Smash Bros 64 or Melee. There no’s doubt about that... Meowth! That’s right!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
xatu, fighting with wings and beaks, eiscue who becomes faster after taking a certain amount of damage, hawlucha with gliding and striking, eevee and meowth for their continued large roles, alolan sandslash cause hes awesome, alolan raichu cause hes adorable, mimikyu and polteagiest cause theyd be really unique

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
Mewtwo is one of my fav mons of all time and I've always wanted Mew in smash alongside it. ideally its a pseudo-joke character with a normal cat moveset but with the ability to Transform into the opponent like Ditto

Lmao I also spent a long period of my life genuinely convinced Meloetta was getting into smash. Doubt it'll ever happen now but she would've been interesting with her sound themed fighting style and switching forms after landing her signature move

Volcarona and Reuniclus would be cool too, and Cofagrigus would be rly unique translated into smash with its 4 arms and ghostly properties. Also Manaphy would've been a dope fighter if it could swap bodies with the opponent like in brawl.

And to this day I still think Buzzswole would've been a MUCH more interesting choice if we really needed a gen 7 grappler. and Mimikyu was just a missed opportunity, especially since for some reason Jigglypuff doesnt get to use any fairy moves in smash. Tbh I think I'm one of the few people who actually want a gen 8 pokemon added as dlc, if I got to pick I'd easily choose Grimmsnarl, Dragapult, or Toxtricity. despite Toxtricity using electricity like many other fighters, it also uses the aforementioned sound abilities & there's not many poison users on the roster rn. plus the other 2 could both offer a completely new playstyle

Zarude is probably gonna be their gen 8 promo pick tho, just please anything except the rabbit

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I've wanted Blastoise forever. The fact that he almost made it back in the day is annoying, because of course he lost out to Charizard who I think is extremely overrated.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
My choices for Pokémon reps (outside starters)

Meowth, due to the coin ability and being a very popular Pokémon
Tyrannitar, due to resembling Godzilla and having deadly attacks like Hyper Beam
Lugia, due to being a Psychic/Flying Legendary, for great design and having deadly moves like Areoblast and Extrasensory
Gardivoir, due to popularity and some fairy type moves
Garchomp, due to being dragon type and having a great design
Glaceon, due to it being a very cute Pokémon and with deadly ice attacks
Excadrill, due to burrowing attacks and steal type moves
Tyrantrum, due to being based of a T.Rex, what else is there to explain
Mimikyu, due to abilities and being a fun Pokémon
Boltund, due to being my alpha in Shield and having great electric attacks
Dragapult, due to it’s deadly moves including Dragon Darts and being based of Diplocaulus

Those are just a few choices, more would show up later.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
.. I actually like the idea of Mr. Mime. Would love its smash attacks involving using its reflectors as pushers. I'm also slowing warming up to the idea of Bellsprout, Sudowoodo and Scraggy. Bellsprout and Sudowoodo could bring a flexible play style and fun projectiles and Scraggy would have some neat variety of head butt attacks.

Drowzee could have a really engaging martial arts move set with its psychic movements.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
.. I actually like the idea of Mr. Mime. Would love its smash attacks involving using its reflectors as pushers. I'm also slowing warming up to the idea of Bellsprout, Sudowoodo and Scraggy. Bellsprout and Sudowoodo could bring a flexible play style and fun projectiles and Scraggy would have some neat variety of head butt attacks.

Drowzee could have a really engaging martial arts move set with its psychic movements.
sudowoodo would be awesome

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
You know the more i analyze it the more i am disappointed incenerour was the alolah pick, personally I would like to see tsareena, she just seems to be designed for a fighting game and is my wish for a poken tournament rep

Gengar84

Smash Hero
My top four favorite Pokémon overall are Gengar, Cofagrigus, Golisopod, and Orbeetle. Any of those would be amazing. There are tons of other Pokémon I love that I’d also be happy with. Here are my top three per generation (not yet in Smash):

Gen 1 - Gengar, Electabuzz, Kabutops
Gen 2 - Houndoom, Gligar, Sneasel
Gen 3 - Seviper, Zangoose, Deoxys
Gen 4 - Gliscor, Toxicroak, Garchomp
Gen 5 - Cofagrigus, Zoroark, Kyurem
Gen 6 - Clawitzer, Dragalge, Malamar
Gen 7 - Golisopod, Lycanroc, Salazzle
Gen 8 - Orbeetle, Toxtricity, Corviknight

UserKev

Smash Champion
After looking up Cofagrigus, it'd be pretty amazing. It'd be like fighting a haunted coffin wanted to squash you in a variety of ways.

I used to be meh on Gengar but after some thought, Gengar could be great. Gengar walk animation could be moving in a shadow hole through the ground. Shadow punch, shadow ball, lick, night shade, etc Gengar can work with.

If not Mimikyu, Gengar or Cofagrigus are the only two other ghost types I want in Smash.

IzukuXYang4Life

Banned via Warnings
No more Pokemon please!! Smash has had enough!!

Same deal with Mario And Fire Emblem!!! No more please!!!!

Throw in more Zelda Characters that aren't just more versions of Link, Zelda, Or Captain Falcon.

Throw in more Kirby Characters.

Throw in more Donkey Kong Characters. More Kid Icarus Characters. More F-Zero Characters. More ARMS characters.

Not more Pokemon, Mario, Or Fire Emblem Reps.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Eevee is my top pick for a new playable character if it can somehow shift through multiple evolutions.

Other Pokemon I think could be interesting are Deoxys with its several form changes, Aipom seems like it could have some pretty cool animations involving its tail if it became playable and Heracross because of personal bias from it being my favorite pokemon.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Oh my gosh, I have so many! Here goes...

Meowth: I'm probably biased because cats and Pokemon are my two favorite things, but he'd be a great rep imo. I love the thought of him being a fast, scrappy little fighter with good range on his claw attacks and Pay Day covering a lot of space in much the same way it currently does.

Alternatively, Team Rocket: It might be a little weird to include Jessie and James when they're primarily anime characters, but they've at least had game appearances and would be a fun take on a different type of Pokemon Trainer. Like Squirtle, Meowth is the small-and-fast one, playing the same as he would solo except he lacks a down B, since that's Pokemon Switch. Then you include a character who can stack up to the power of Charizard. I'm not quite sure who, but Weezing with Explosion comes to mind. Another good choice would be Victreebel, since James has a thorny Pokemon tormenting him every other generation or so, and Victreebel is probably the most well-known. But, instead of an Ivysaur equivalent (I see Victreebel as more of a slow powerhouse like Zard, though could even function as something of a hybrid between the two), we would have... Wobbuffet. This would be a weird af fighter who couldn't do much but whose moveset is entirely based around counters and reflectors.

Gengar: Gengar is either my second or third favorite Pokemon, depending on how you look at things (Umbreon and Incineroar tie for my favorite). I really want a ghost in Smash who has ghost properties, like y'know, phasing through stuff. I could see Gengar have an attack that lets it phase through the floor to help it close in on foes, and I think a passive ability where it auto-phases through attacks would be really cool, rendering the character hard, if not impossible, to true combo. If you delay your follow-up to wait out the phase, though, your combos could seem true, as I'd imagine Gengar would have subpar frame data to help balance this out. Additionally, Gengar should be very lightweight, so that it does not take too many well-timed hits to take it out. A phase-out that auto-dodges attacks would be overpowered otherwise.

Eevee: Eevee is my next favorite after Gengar, and well, I'd want it to be perhaps the most ambitious fighter yet! You could of course just have Eevee on its own as a quick, scrappy fighter but of course, I'd rather see the Eeveelutions. You could have it where you can only evolve once per stock, or have it where Eevee is a mutant who can evolve and devolve at will. The latter wouldn't be very canon, but would be more fun and interesting. Each Eeveelution would obviously play differently, but for the sake of preventing this book of a post from reaching Biblical lengths, I won't go into how I think each would work. But yes, this does also stem from me loving Umbreon and wanting to play as it, but not wanting to only have Umbreon so that the other Eeveelutions get the spotlight too!

Mew: I've always loved Mewtwo's kit, but Mewtwo definitely suffers a lot from being so big, light, and floaty. Enter Mew, a semiclone who solves the size problem and could maybe also be more of a fastfaller (doesn't have to be a fastfaller full-stop, just less floaty). Mew would have a slightly better combo game, but less range and kill power (though I'd like for the throws to only kill a little later). Mew would be the safer pick of the two, while Mewtwo would be the more powerful one. I think it would make for a really neat dynamic! (Also, Mew can't learn Disable, so maybe it could have a unique down special.)

I'm not the biggest fan of generation 2 only being repped by "worse Pikachu". I like Pichu alright and all, but regardless of how anyone feels about it, it was intentionally designed to be an inferior version of an existing character. And to have my favorite generation repped in that way honestly stings. I do like that it also reps Baby Pokemon which were new at the time, but Pichu would sit a lot better with me if we had another gen 2 rep who wasn't a joke character. So...

Scizor: I think this would be the ideal gen 2 Pokemon to add, especially back in Melee. It reps the new evolutions of gen 1 Pokemon, in addition to repping the new Steel type. Steelix and Umbreon would also rep new evolutions and the new types, but would probably have been more difficult to implement back in Smash's infancy. Yes, I am wanting Celebi to take me back in time and somehow adding Scizor to Melee here. It also helps that this Pokemon has aged very well, remaining a favorite of many fans.

Tyranitar: Quite possibly the most beloved gen 2 Pokemon, I think this would have been a great alternative choice to Scizor. It would be a slow superheavy with a few Rock-type attacks which would offer it good range and power! And I just think Rock would be a really cool type to have in Smash, because we have like no Rock-based attacks other than Zard's Rock Smash, which might be gone forever, and Kirby's Stone.

Grovyle or Sceptile: Like many others, I want a solo Grass starter, since we have Greninja for solo Water and Incin for solo Fire. Either of these two would be my #1 choice, with Grovyle there for the PMD references.

Blaziken: So, here's a weird idea. I feel like Blaziken would be a really easy character to add as a composite character. You could Frankenstein it together with moves from Captain Falcon, Charizard, Ryu/Ken, and Incineroar. It honestly wouldn't need a single original move, though I'd love for its down special to be Rock Smash so that we can retain that move if Charizard will never have it back. Who knows, maybe there will be another Fire Pokemon in the future who I'll feel this could be done with, and maybe they will? Maybe it's just that I love fire moves and love the power these characters bring, and having a composite of them sounds really fun to me. It wouldn't have command inputs or auto-turnaround from Ryu/Ken, I just see it potentially borrowing some of their aerials and/or tilts, averaging out the power of them between the vanilla and command input versions.

Gardevoir: This Pokemon would probably feel very elegant and smooth to play as, and is a fan favorite who I think would work great. You wanna know the funny thing about Mewtwo? It doesn't really use Psychic power much, instead opting for a shadowy moveset. That's probably because it's meant to be the "villain" for Pokemon. But it doesn't feel like we have a very Psychic-centric user, which could be fixed with Mew (just give it pink effects on everything except Shadow Ball), but also could be fixed with Gardevoir. I see its main gimmick being a shield of some sort, much like the Pokeball summon. Perhaps you could have it so that it has a second shield for its down special, like a better Pit Orbitars, or perhaps its regular shield could heal it in very slight amounts.

Garchomp/Cynthia: Gen 4 doesn't really need anyone other than Lucario, but I think Garchomp is bad*** enough, and enough of a fan favorite, to be the Pokemon I would want most from gen 4. Something I like even more, though, is Cynthia as a type of Pokemon Trainer, with Garchomp as her powerhouse Pokemon. We don't really have any representation of the Champions, unless you count Red and Leaf, but their Smash appearance doesn't say one way or another if they've become Champion yet. I think either Togepi or Togekiss, and Spiritomb, should be Cynthia's other two Pokemon, since she gives you the Togepi egg and always includes Spiritomb on her teams, usually leading with it.

Zoroark: Probably the ideal gen 5 rep, I like the thought of it being a Lucario echo without Aura. Its range and power would be averaged out, perhaps even better range overall because it could have claw attacks (think Wolf). I'd also like it if it was a fast faller to contrast Lucario's floatyness. (I'll admit I prefer fastfallers, but I also think it makes for an interesting way to differentiate fighters that probably wouldn't take much work to implement.)

Genesect: This would be awesome, and a great alternative Bug/Steel type to Scizor! I love the thought of it getting in and having its rivalry with Mewtwo, and there's a lot you could do with the drives and Techno Blast (maybe a stance change like Shulk but instead gives it a different neutral special) and it turning into that weird UFO flight form, it would just be a ton of fun!

Hawlucha: Honestly Greninja is the perfect gen 6 rep and we don't need more, but I may as well shout out my favorite Fighting type! Could be an acrobatic and nimble wrestler to contrast with Incineroar's slow take on wrestling.

Decidueye: Another option for a ghost, though I doubt it'd have the phase-out thing I want and would probably play more straightforward. I love Decidueye, as it's my Pokken main and would have been one of my Smash mains had it been chosen over Incineroar. I'm happier with Incineroar, but still, I can't help but kinda want Decidueye knowing it almost made it in.

Mimikyu: My final choice for a Ghost-type, this probably also wouldn't have the phasing thing but would be very neat nonetheless, being a small, speedy grappler whose gimmicks would probably revolve around bringing its foes under its cloak, and Disguise could maybe have it take less damage up to a certain %. My favorite Fairy type!

Rillaboom: My favorite Grass starter! I think Rillaboom would be super fun, probably heavy but speedy like DK. It'd be more based on using its drum, though, which would have a lot of range and power.

Toxtricity: My favorite Poison type, I think it would make for a really fun and unique fighter using its electric guitar (literally made of electricity!) and poison, which could perhaps let it do damage over time.

Obstagoon: Kind of an underrated pick in terms of gen 8 reps, but I absolutely love Obstagoon and love its gimmick of using Obstruct, which I think would translate pretty well to Smash: have it be a counter, but it doesn't do what counters usually do and instead, doubles the knockback of Obstagoon's moves for 15 seconds.

And I think that's every Pokemon I want, thank you for coming to my Teddiursa Talk!

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion

Meowth: I'm probably biased because cats and Pokemon are my two favorite things, but he'd be a great rep imo. I love the thought of him being a fast, scrappy little fighter with good range on his claw attacks and Pay Day covering a lot of space in much the same way it currently does.

Alternatively, Team Rocket: It might be a little weird to include Jessie and James when they're primarily anime characters, but they've at least had game appearances and would be a fun take on a different type of Pokemon Trainer. Like Squirtle, Meowth is the small-and-fast one, playing the same as he would solo except he lacks a down B, since that's Pokemon Switch. Then you include a character who can stack up to the power of Charizard. I'm not quite sure who, but Weezing with Explosion comes to mind. Another good choice would be Victreebel, since James has a thorny Pokemon tormenting him every other generation or so, and Victreebel is probably the most well-known. But, instead of an Ivysaur equivalent (I see Victreebel as more of a slow powerhouse like Zard, though could even function as something of a hybrid between the two), we would have... Wobbuffet. This would be a weird af fighter who couldn't do much but whose moveset is entirely based around counters and reflectors.

Gengar: Gengar is either my second or third favorite Pokemon, depending on how you look at things (Umbreon and Incineroar tie for my favorite). I really want a ghost in Smash who has ghost properties, like y'know, phasing through stuff. I could see Gengar have an attack that lets it phase through the floor to help it close in on foes, and I think a passive ability where it auto-phases through attacks would be really cool, rendering the character hard, if not impossible, to true combo. If you delay your follow-up to wait out the phase, though, your combos could seem true, as I'd imagine Gengar would have subpar frame data to help balance this out. Additionally, Gengar should be very lightweight, so that it does not take too many well-timed hits to take it out. A phase-out that auto-dodges attacks would be overpowered otherwise.

Eevee: Eevee is my next favorite after Gengar, and well, I'd want it to be perhaps the most ambitious fighter yet! You could of course just have Eevee on its own as a quick, scrappy fighter but of course, I'd rather see the Eeveelutions. You could have it where you can only evolve once per stock, or have it where Eevee is a mutant who can evolve and devolve at will. The latter wouldn't be very canon, but would be more fun and interesting. Each Eeveelution would obviously play differently, but for the sake of preventing this book of a post from reaching Biblical lengths, I won't go into how I think each would work. But yes, this does also stem from me loving Umbreon and wanting to play as it, but not wanting to only have Umbreon so that the other Eeveelutions get the spotlight too!

Mew: I've always loved Mewtwo's kit, but Mewtwo definitely suffers a lot from being so big, light, and floaty. Enter Mew, a semiclone who solves the size problem and could maybe also be more of a fastfaller (doesn't have to be a fastfaller full-stop, just less floaty). Mew would have a slightly better combo game, but less range and kill power (though I'd like for the throws to only kill a little later). Mew would be the safer pick of the two, while Mewtwo would be the more powerful one. I think it would make for a really neat dynamic! (Also, Mew can't learn Disable, so maybe it could have a unique down special.)

I'm not the biggest fan of generation 2 only being repped by "worse Pikachu". I like Pichu alright and all, but regardless of how anyone feels about it, it was intentionally designed to be an inferior version of an existing character. And to have my favorite generation repped in that way honestly stings. I do like that it also reps Baby Pokemon which were new at the time, but Pichu would sit a lot better with me if we had another gen 2 rep who wasn't a joke character. So...

Scizor: I think this would be the ideal gen 2 Pokemon to add, especially back in Melee. It reps the new evolutions of gen 1 Pokemon, in addition to repping the new Steel type. Steelix and Umbreon would also rep new evolutions and the new types, but would probably have been more difficult to implement back in Smash's infancy. Yes, I am wanting Celebi to take me back in time and somehow adding Scizor to Melee here. It also helps that this Pokemon has aged very well, remaining a favorite of many fans.

Tyranitar: Quite possibly the most beloved gen 2 Pokemon, I think this would have been a great alternative choice to Scizor. It would be a slow superheavy with a few Rock-type attacks which would offer it good range and power! And I just think Rock would be a really cool type to have in Smash, because we have like no Rock-based attacks other than Zard's Rock Smash, which might be gone forever, and Kirby's Stone.

Grovyle or Sceptile: Like many others, I want a solo Grass starter, since we have Greninja for solo Water and Incin for solo Fire. Either of these two would be my #1 choice, with Grovyle there for the PMD references.

Blaziken: So, here's a weird idea. I feel like Blaziken would be a really easy character to add as a composite character. You could Frankenstein it together with moves from Captain Falcon, Charizard, Ryu/Ken, and Incineroar. It honestly wouldn't need a single original move, though I'd love for its down special to be Rock Smash so that we can retain that move if Charizard will never have it back. Who knows, maybe there will be another Fire Pokemon in the future who I'll feel this could be done with, and maybe they will? Maybe it's just that I love fire moves and love the power these characters bring, and having a composite of them sounds really fun to me. It wouldn't have command inputs or auto-turnaround from Ryu/Ken, I just see it potentially borrowing some of their aerials and/or tilts, averaging out the power of them between the vanilla and command input versions.

Gardevoir: This Pokemon would probably feel very elegant and smooth to play as, and is a fan favorite who I think would work great. You wanna know the funny thing about Mewtwo? It doesn't really use Psychic power much, instead opting for a shadowy moveset. That's probably because it's meant to be the "villain" for Pokemon. But it doesn't feel like we have a very Psychic-centric user, which could be fixed with Mew (just give it pink effects on everything except Shadow Ball), but also could be fixed with Gardevoir. I see its main gimmick being a shield of some sort, much like the Pokeball summon. Perhaps you could have it so that it has a second shield for its down special, like a better Pit Orbitars, or perhaps its regular shield could heal it in very slight amounts.

Garchomp/Cynthia: Gen 4 doesn't really need anyone other than Lucario, but I think Garchomp is bad*** enough, and enough of a fan favorite, to be the Pokemon I would want most from gen 4. Something I like even more, though, is Cynthia as a type of Pokemon Trainer, with Garchomp as her powerhouse Pokemon. We don't really have any representation of the Champions, unless you count Red and Leaf, but their Smash appearance doesn't say one way or another if they've become Champion yet. I think either Togepi or Togekiss, and Spiritomb, should be Cynthia's other two Pokemon, since she gives you the Togepi egg and always includes Spiritomb on her teams, usually leading with it.

Zoroark: Probably the ideal gen 5 rep, I like the thought of it being a Lucario echo without Aura. Its range and power would be averaged out, perhaps even better range overall because it could have claw attacks (think Wolf). I'd also like it if it was a fast faller to contrast Lucario's floatyness. (I'll admit I prefer fastfallers, but I also think it makes for an interesting way to differentiate fighters that probably wouldn't take much work to implement.)

Genesect: This would be awesome, and a great alternative Bug/Steel type to Scizor! I love the thought of it getting in and having its rivalry with Mewtwo, and there's a lot you could do with the drives and Techno Blast (maybe a stance change like Shulk but instead gives it a different neutral special) and it turning into that weird UFO flight form, it would just be a ton of fun!

Hawlucha: Honestly Greninja is the perfect gen 6 rep and we don't need more, but I may as well shout out my favorite Fighting type! Could be an acrobatic and nimble wrestler to contrast with Incineroar's slow take on wrestling.

Decidueye: Another option for a ghost, though I doubt it'd have the phase-out thing I want and would probably play more straightforward. I love Decidueye, as it's my Pokken main and would have been one of my Smash mains had it been chosen over Incineroar. I'm happier with Incineroar, but still, I can't help but kinda want Decidueye knowing it almost made it in.

Mimikyu: My final choice for a Ghost-type, this probably also wouldn't have the phasing thing but would be very neat nonetheless, being a small, speedy grappler whose gimmicks would probably revolve around bringing its foes under its cloak, and Disguise could maybe have it take less damage up to a certain %. My favorite Fairy type!

Rillaboom: My favorite Grass starter! I think Rillaboom would be super fun, probably heavy but speedy like DK. It'd be more based on using its drum, though, which would have a lot of range and power.

Toxtricity: My favorite Poison type, I think it would make for a really fun and unique fighter using its electric guitar (literally made of electricity!) and poison, which could perhaps let it do damage over time.

Obstagoon: Kind of an underrated pick in terms of gen 8 reps, but I absolutely love Obstagoon and love its gimmick of using Obstruct, which I think would translate pretty well to Smash: have it be a counter, but it doesn't do what counters usually do and instead, doubles the knockback of Obstagoon's moves for 15 seconds.

And I think that's every Pokemon I want, thank you for coming to my Teddiursa Talk!
Considering how useless Gardevoir's assist is In my opnion I think she could do better

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
No more Pokemon please!! Smash has had enough!!

Same deal with Mario And Fire Emblem!!! No more please!!!!

Throw in more Zelda Characters that aren't just more versions of Link, Zelda, Or Captain Falcon.

Throw in more Kirby Characters.

Throw in more Donkey Kong Characters. More Kid Icarus Characters. More F-Zero Characters. More ARMS characters.

Not more Pokemon, Mario, Or Fire Emblem Reps.
then why come into a thread about something you dont want?

Gengar84

Smash Hero

I love a lot of those choices. One thing though, if Gengar is your third favorite Pokémon behind only Umbreon and Incineroar, wouldn’t it be your favorite Poison type instead of Toxtricity?

UserKev

Smash Champion
Croagunk in Smash is seeming to be missed potential, would have loved its slow and staller play style. Morgrem were to be the gen 8 rep, it could have some interesting hair power moves. Salazzle would be refreshing, but I can't imagine her smash attacks tho.

Last edited:

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
Personally I would like to see Piers throw hands and use his mic stand as a weapon, it would be funny.

As for an actual Pokemon, I want Gengar since it’s my favorite Pokemon of all time.

Top Bottom