• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other Media: Hitbox Instantiation w/ 3D models in Unity / UE4

JAS_Melee

Smash Rookie
Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any great resources on developing a fighting game with 3D models. I have been at this research for over a year now, and there doesn't seem to be a reliable way to instantiate hitboxes to transforms frame by frame within Unity or Unreal Engine. I am hoping my fellow melee / pm brethren will know or have some great resources or knowledge on how to properly create attacks with hitboxes that not only flow with the animation, but are created and destroyed at specific frames. I am really hoping this doesn't boil down to me needing to create some wack work around in Unity where the animation duration is 0.0-1.0, and the hitboxes will be created from 0.4-0.6, destroyed at 0.7, etc. Thank you for your consideration!

JAS_Melee

Smash Rookie
also I seriously appreciate smashboards for having that dark background. It saves my eyes at 3am :D

Top Bottom