• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Other games?

Sleepy

Smash Ace
I was wondering what games people are currently playing / replaying
and which are their favorites (besides smash)

I have to say my favorites in this order are:
Metal Gear Solid 3
Zone of the Enders 2
Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike
Super Mario World
Starcraft
Resident Evil 4

Right now I'm playing:
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Disgaea 3
and I just beat Valkyria Chronicles

games I'm waiting to come out:
Lost Planet 2 ( no release date yet :/ )
Resident Evil 5 (in a week or so!!!)
Final Fantasy XIII (I think it's Dec this year)
Hydrophobia (not sure at all)
Starcraft II

embracethe12

Smash Lord
stop making threads for everything you think of off the top of your head.

besides resident evil 5 comes out this friday.

Sleepy

Smash Ace
hmm I wonder if I still have the links, but you're looking for AC (act codenza) or AA (actress again)

the latter I have never played and probably never will, but MBAC isn't hard to get up and I think the instructions are still on meltybread.com in the forum

Miharu

Smash Hero
dota is my only other major one that i play at a competitive level

nothing else really

maybe the occasional ff vi/vii

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I still play games but not as much as I used to.

Right now, I only play Melee and SF4. I'm gonna start playing RE5 when it comes out this week though =D

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
I havent been playing too many games recently, but am a huge game addict
Currently playing:
Melee
SF4
WoW
Want to play starcraft again.
Will play Fallout 3 when my comp starts working again :(

Looking forward to:
RE5
FFXIII and Versus

Sleepy

Smash Ace
apparently I can pick up my preorder at midnight lol, but I probably won't (RE5) maybe I'll nap during the day and then go pick it up at midnight to play it tonight even if I have to get up early tom

Lovage

Smash Hero
i havnt found any games really lasting fun in a while
im probably just not trying because smash is too fun

DJMirror

Smash Master
I play kof, meltyblood and smash.

I wish i can play other games if i have time

Miharu

Smash Hero
never found enough time for too many games, since i spend too much time on each individual game as it is

trying to play RO/smash/dota at the same time took too much time :(

is that horo?

Noble-

Smash Ace
Yep yep.

First person to notice! NOICE!

I like to really challenge myself and do the really hard stuff.

Right now, lets see...on my PS3 I'm trying to;
1. Beat Persona 4 100% in 1 try.
2. Beat Metal Gear Solid 4 and get the Big Boss Medal.
3. Get S Rank on every mission on Devil May Cry 4.
4. Beat Resident Evil 4 using only a Knife + Melee.

Sleepy

Smash Ace
Yep yep.

hmm persona 4 I never played

mgs4 getting big boss emblem is a ***** kinda, I heard it's easier because mgs4 has a lot less playtime than previous games, but only 6 hours isn't too bad I guess for a 10 hour max game.

DMC4 that sounds kinda hard, with dante or nero, or both?

RE4 is nearly impossible I think on at least one regenerator, of course I'm gonna assume you're gonna do this using the guns the minimal amount you can, since some bosses if I remember are also unbeatable. The pal version doubled the power of the knife so it's more viable for them, can't imagine slashing that one regenerator for 2 hours in that one room lol, or trying to fight the iron maiden without it.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
Yep yep.

i wanna be the guy

ocarina of time: uber challenge

embracethe12

Smash Lord
beat re5 on friday/saturday (4.p.m. trailed to 12 p.m. lool)
not impressed.
definetely not as good as it was hyped up to be.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
but yeah it's far from being revolutionary.
have there been any revolutionary games in the new generation?

original gaming is a thing of the past. it's all about rehashed sequels. everyone wants to play the same thing over and over.

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Most video games aren't fun anymore. When I stop playing Smash, I'll probably stop playing videogames as a whole. Right now I'm playing these games the most, in this order...

1. SF4
2. Melee
3. ssb64
4. 3rd Strike (at school a bit)
5. Starcraft (just a tad, I want to learn it)

Any game after these doesn't appeal to me at all. I hope I haven't started growing out of games :(

SuperRad

Smash Master
Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like so few "revolutionary" games come out because it's too risky for the companies.

Even so, you could look at something like Portal and say that despite not being completely revolutionary, it is unique and used some really creative level design.

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Even so, you could look at something like Portal and say that despite not being completely revolutionary, it is unique and used some really creative level design.
:/
No, Portal is revolutionary, since no one else had implemented that into their games (even though the ideas been there).

People have to lower their standards a little bit. Another leap in gaming like the leap from 2D to 3D takes a long time to happen.

In fact there is plenty of innovation in games.
If you don't see it you just have to look harder.

That being said I don't know much about very recent games (like last 3 months) but there has definitely been some good stuff for the new generation.

Goon Squad

Smash Rookie
PC games don't count, I was referring to consoles, since that's what people buy and what controls the vast majority of the market.

A quick Google search tells me Ico 3 is not out, and lol @ a sequel being revolutionary.

Anyway you guys also are taking me too literally; I'd be disappointed if you COULDN'T find at least one exception. But let's be real, originality and quality design has been out of the window ever since the GameCube/Xbox/PS2 released, and it's only gotten progressively worse with the new generation. Don't make me go to Wikipedia and pull up the highest selling games on each of those consoles to prove my point. 90% of the market, if not more, is rehash.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
have there been any revolutionary games in the new generation?

original gaming is a thing of the past. it's all about rehashed sequels. everyone wants to play the same thing over and over.
One word: SuperMarioGalaxy

aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww yeeeeeeeeeah

GOTF all day lawlz.

and games don't need to be revolutionary to be worth playing or to be fun. There's still plenty of fresh fun to be had by utilizing the established conventions of gaming in different ways.

Goon Squad

Smash Rookie
If you're not going to bother addressing my points, don't bother responding:

Anyway you guys also are taking me too literally; I'd be disappointed if you COULDN'T find at least one exception. But let's be real, originality and quality design has been out of the window ever since the GameCube/Xbox/PS2 released, and it's only gotten progressively worse with the new generation. Don't make me go to Wikipedia and pull up the highest selling games on each of those consoles to prove my point. 90% of the market, if not more, is rehash.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
well tbh, the only point worth addressing is:
originality and quality design has been out of the window ever since the GameCube/Xbox/PS2 released
which I completely disagree with. There have been plenty of original and quality games since the ps2/GCN/xbox era. And I can list quite a few on command.

Goon Squad

Smash Rookie
You seriously do not read. I'll even underline it for you. Hint: I am making a general statement about popular gaming. This is my main point:

90% of the market, if not more, is rehash.
So no, naming a couple of titles has nothing to do with anything. I never said there was nothing original. I never said I didn't enjoy anything since those consoles were released. I was saying that, overall, there has been a steep decline in originality and quality design. No **** there are some that exists, but they don't sell that well, which has prompted companies to abandon making them and to turn to making sequel after sequel.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Have you guys played Mad World for the wii? It looks to be unique and original concept, I want to play it..

I mostly play RPGs, and i'm a completionist, I have like all my characters maxed and uber equipment, etc on all the RPGs that I like. I just beat Star Ocean 4 and I'm going the post game content now.

Top Bottom