• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OSTS: Saber

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
Please confirm as soon as possible!

The official SmashNL tournaments are back! This time we are organizing a Melee tournament in the east of the Netherlands, and it is inexplicably named after a Servant from Fate Stay Night. You can consider this tournament to be a replacement for ZEST6, which has been postponed.

General information
Date: July 2nd, 2011
Game: Melee
Hosts: Utto, Exalador, Marc

Venue
Wijkcentrum De Stolp
Violierenplein 101
7329 DR Apeldoorn
The location on Google Maps

Compared to previous tournaments in The Netherlands this location is a bit harder to reach (unless you live in Germany), but if you follow the instructions (which I will put up soon) you should be fine.

Some other points I would like to stress:

• The maximum number of people that can be in the venue (and therefore enter the tournament) at any time is 64. This is only a mid-sized tournament and it is not our intention to compete with BEAST II.
  • You need to enter the venue from the side entrance, which I have marked on the Google Map. Do not try to enter from the front side of the venue, it won’t work.
  • There is plenty of parking space in front of the venue. Do note that even though you have to park in front of the venue, you still have to enter from the side.
  • If you’re using public transportation, take the train to the train station called ‘Apeldoorn’. From there take bus 3 or 4 towards ‘Matenhoeve’. This bus departs at :01, :16, :31 and :46. Get off the bus at the stop called ‘de Eglantier’ and follow the route to the venue which I have marked on Google Maps. On the way back you also have to get on the bus at ‘de Eglantier’, but this time you have to take bus 1 towards ‘Gelre ziekenhuis’. This bus departs at :01 and :31 and will take you to the train station.
  • The bar of the venue is closed on the day of the tournament, so you should bring your own food and drinks. Alternatively there are two supermarkets, a cafeteria and a Chinese restaurant at a walking distance from the venue.
  • You are not allowed to smoke inside the venue.

Schedule
This schedule is tentative. It might change on the day of the tournament according to how fast the different events are finished.

11.00: The venue and the registrations open.
12.00: Registration is closed.
12.15: Start Melee Teams bracket
14.30: Start Melee Singles pools
17.00: Start Melee Singles bracket
21.00: End of the tournament
22.00: The venue closes.

Costs
The total entrance fee for the tournament is 25 Euros. This fee covers the venue fee and your entry for Melee singles and Melee teams. If you only want to participate in one event the total entrance fee comes down to 20 Euros. The spectator fee is 5 Euros.

For both events the pot distribution is 50/30/20.

Set-ups
Exalador will provide sixteen televisions for this tournament. Obviously we need consoles to go along with these televisions, so please let us know if you intend to bring one.

Housing
Unfortunately it is not possible to spend the night in the venue. If you need housing, please let us know in this thread or by sending me a PM, and we will let you know as soon as possible if and where we are able to house you. You may have to travel for more than an hour on the day of the tournament itself (which obviously costs money), but this is unavoidable considering the location of the venue.

Rules for Melee
The Dutch community still needs to discuss the rules for the game itself, although the ruleset will probably be very similar to the rulesets used at previous Dutch tournaments. We will update this section as soon as we can.

Other comments

• Bring your own controller!
  • Make sure you are on time! Since tournaments have the bad habit of ending too late, we are very strict when it comes to time.
  • Make sure to bring the right amount of money in cash. We can’t guarantee that we have the right amount of change when you don’t pay exactly, nor is this our responsibility.
  • If you bring a console, we advise you to somehow mark it. We will make a list of people bringing a console on the day of the tournament itself. If you want to take your console back with you, make sure to notify a host first so we can take your name off the list.
  • We would like to point out that the result of a match that has been played and processed can not be changed, even if it later turns out the match wasn’t played according to the rules. The players themselves have to make sure the rules are enforced. If you are unsure about a certain rule, you can always ask a host for clarification.
  • If you participate in the tournament, we assume you are aware of and have accepted these rules. By participating in the tournament you automatically agree with the rules, and disobeying them may lead to your removal from the venue. If you are put at a disadvantage because you failed to read the rules, neither the hosts nor SmashNL can be held responsible.

Entrants

1. Utto
  2. Marc
  3. Exalador
  4. Farrok
  5. Witchblade
  6. Quic
  7. Amsah
  8. UchihaJP
  9. trickerL
  10. Dave
  11. Ace
  12. Faab
  13. Jeapie
  14. Remen
  15. Lawrencelot
  16. Shino
  17. Jeffrey
  18. Ser
  19. Jimmy
  20. Fernandez
  21. Dimitris (BE)
  22. Thimo
  23. Thomaz
  24. Joanna Dark (FR)
  25. Coen
  26. Joeri
  27. Mizar
  28. Ice (DE)
  29. CorteX
  30. Zgetto
  31. AlexO
  32. timmy
  33. $lash (DE)
  34. Brother of $lash (DE)
  35. eaSy
  36. Indow
  37. -tRiNiTy- (LU)
  38. Meo (LU)
  39. Baker (LU)
  40. enig
  41. avalancer988
  42. Blooddragon
  43. Kabutox
  44. Dennis
  45. ownser

If you want to sign up, just say so in this thread. You can confirm your registration from June 18th (Entrants marked green are confirmed).

Consoles

1. Utto
  2. trickerL
  3. Lawrencelot
  4. Exalador
  5. -tRiNiTy-
  6. Thimo
  7. Zgetto
  8. Jeffrey
  9. Dimitris
  10. $lash
  11. Marc
  12. Dave
  13. Mizar
  14. Fernandez
  15. Jeapie
  16. ?

clemj

Smash Rookie
Hi,
sorry to post in this section, but i didn't know where to post it.
I'm going to Amsterdam tomorrow (Friday) but i had recently a problem with my housing for me and my friends.
So I'm looking for someone who could house us for 2 nights if possible from saturday to monday.
Sorry for the off topic :s

Edit: Finally it's okay i found a solution :)
Thanks

Baxon

Smash Journeyman
Hi,
sorry to post in this section, but i didn't know where to post it.
I'm going to Amsterdam tomorrow (Friday) but i had recently a problem with my housing for me and my friends.
So I'm looking for someone who could house us for 2 nights if possible from saturday to monday.
Sorry for the off topic :s

Edit: Finally it's okay i found a solution :)
Thanks
^ Whahahahahahahaha, noob :embarrass:

Interested :cool:

$lash

Smash Apprentice
I will travel to netherlands after i finish my apprenticeship.
So this Touney is quite enticing to me.
I + 1 or 2 other guys interested

pheX

Smash Apprentice
could any1 pick me up from the train station? Its 4 hours away from hamburg. I'm interested.
And I'd need housing for 1 night.

-Ice-

Smash Apprentice
could any1 pick me up from the train station? Its 4 hours away from hamburg. I'm interested.
And I'd need housing for 1 night.
maybe we can go together if you interested you know how to contact me

-tRiNiTy-

Smash Apprentice
*bump*

Got an important question.

Is there anyone who lives near the venue who can house 4-5 people? Otherwise I don't think we'll be able do come since we can't stay in the venue. If there's anyone who could house us, please let me know ^^"

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
*bump*

Got an important question.

Is there anyone who lives near the venue who can house 4-5 people? Otherwise I don't think we'll be able do come since we can't stay in the venue. If there's anyone who could house us, please let me know ^^"
4 or 5 people is too much for me, but I'll ask around on the Dutch boards and see if anyone can house you. Would you mind travelling a bit on the day of the tournament itself (1 or 2 hours)?

-tRiNiTy-

Smash Apprentice
4 or 5 people is too much for me, but I'll ask around on the Dutch boards and see if anyone can house you. Would you mind travelling a bit on the day of the tournament itself (1 or 2 hours)?
Hmm I see. Well I'll ask our driver if he's willing to. I think 2 hours is a bit too much for him though, but 1 hour is okay I suppose.

Thanks for your reply, I'll get back to you as soon as I get an answer ^^

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
Maybe a stupid question, but will there be prizes?
Yes, the money from the pot will be divided among the top three players, both in singles and teams.

dump question, but can we camp near the location (with a tent) ?
It's in the middle of a city, so I don't think they would allow it. You can always take your chances though, but that's not my responsibility. ;)

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
@Rocky: I'll put you on the list for now. Let me know if you can make it.

We still need eight cubes! Please bring one if you can.

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Alright, I just decided to go by car, so I'll bring a cube.

(Btw, does anyone have a spare lid for the Gamecube's bottom gameboy connection port thingie? Will pay for it..)

Edit: and I confirm.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Since I'm gonna attend a tournament this week, then leave for Genesis 2 weeks later, and then attend Beast 2, I won't be able to make it to this tournament. Sorry !

Avalancer

Smash Journeyman
Finally. I'm allowed to go for sure. Wasn't allowed if I didn't pass to the next year :3
I might be able to bring a console if really needed.

Blooddragon is also confirmed by the way.

EDIT:
Can Blooddragon be my teampartner?

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Have the rules been decided?

(De toernooipagina zegt 'de officiële SmashNL-ruleset', maar ik weet niet zo goed wat dat is?)

-Ice-

Smash Apprentice
i gonna go to buy my tickets for this now i hope it will not be too expensiv :p

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
@ Dimitris: Marc will probably post them today, maybe tomorrow.

@ Ice: Do you still need housing? I can house you in Apeldoorn, so if you do, let me know at what time you arrive at the station.

Edit: And we still need cubes.

-Ice-

Smash Apprentice
@ Dimitris: Marc will probably post them today, maybe tomorrow.

@ Ice: Do you still need housing? I can house you in Apeldoorn, so if you do, let me know at what time you arrive at the station.

Edit: And we still need cubes.

im ariving suterday at 10.00

but thx

btw im confirmed
for this :D

$lash

Smash Apprentice
I need a teampartner, my brother is way to bad :<
Im an acceptable Marth or spacie.

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Also, is there a coffee place near the venue (open late hours)? For my drive back home...

Top Bottom