• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
Well, I haven't talked to Shin yet, but he's supposed to call me sometime on Friday if he's available to hang out and Smash some on Friday night. He said that he was going to hang out with another friend on Friday, too, so we'll see when he'll be available. I'll call you guys tomorrow when I get the news.

Oh, Exodia. THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR LEAVING ME OUT!! :mad:

just kidding. That's a real bummer. Hopefully, I'll see you at TANG 17.0 in June.

later

Noooo

Smash Rookie
I'm up for a friendly game. I'll be up there for a month, july-august. I'm in socal right now.

If anyone wants to smash in Grants Pass area, my aim is pizza5x.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Noooo, Balloon and Slater are in SoOr; they'd be your best bet for smashing. If there's a smashfest down there those of us more northern would be willing to come down and make an appearance. Events and tournaments are listed on the front page (second post), so if you can make it to TANG or Smashfest: Eugene, there would be people to smash with there. Too bad you won't be here in June, that's when the big TANG is going on.

Noooo

Smash Rookie
t!MmY said:
Noooo, Balloon and Slater are in SoOr; they'd be your best bet for smashing. If there's a smashfest down there those of us more northern would be willing to come down and make an appearance. Events and tournaments are listed on the front page (second post), so if you can make it to TANG or Smashfest: Eugene, there would be people to smash with there. Too bad you won't be here in June, that's when the big TANG is going on.
yea thanks. i dont know if i can. depends on if i have a car or not.

T0MMY

Smash Master
t!MmY said:
So, who all from Oregon made it to the Washtington trip?
Ja, I'm interested in hearing all the cool stories... and videos. Definitely need video footage...
I'm guessing nobody went :embarrass

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
no videos, lots of stories. You guys are lose bags and didnt go. Probably one of the best seattle trips I have had since josh's old house.

spokenking

Smash Rookie
That's right! SpokenKing!

Spoken is talkin for the first time on the forums. SpokenKing, the mega Fox, the explosive samus, and the annoying falco, is here again. I'll be at the tourny this Friday if Tizzy's info is correct. This is Josh BTW. I'll be a oregon Smash Master once I prove myself, cuz I say F*** Vancover. :laugh:

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
LOL JOSH! YESSSSSSSSS. I cant wait for you and tizzy. You guys better be gettin better son. I have maaaad confidence in you 2 lolol. See you 2 then :laugh: :laugh:

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Well i'll be comeing to TANG 17 cant wait to see you all there I have been takeing time to train so I think I might hold my own this time around ^_^

T0MMY

Smash Master
We would have gone to WA if we had a ride. Nobody in Portland was kind enough to swing by Eugene for the low-tier kings >:^(
And it's nice to see Josh post, even though he technically is a WA Smasher...
see you all at TANG... I'm pretty sure I'll have a ride up there, but Shin & Tudios have to work, so I heard... cries.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
the free for 16 is 20$ right? I dont have that right now I dont get paid until the 5th of the month maybe if it was 5$ I could do it but other than that im not sure

Aftermath

Smash Champion
the fee for 16 is $5 as far as I know. TANG 17 was meant to be a bigger one so the fee was raised to attract more people to a bigger prize.

SpokenKing = Oregon Josh, learn your people Ti/ommy.

spokenking

Smash Rookie
Hope you read this before it's too late, but me and Shali is trying to get a ride by my mom after work which will be between 5-6, meaning it'll be 6:30 and after until we get there, roughly. But would that be cool? Or should we go to Shali's house and wait a few hours. Thanks in advance homie.

And I have got better :lick:

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Ok Kyle i'll be there but im going to show up late to night around like 11:00 or midnight so wait up for me if you like ill be in the tournament

T0MMY

Smash Master
Cap'n Crunch said:
the fee for 16 is $5 as far as I know. TANG 17 was meant to be a bigger one so the fee was raised to attract more people to a bigger prize.

SpokenKing = Oregon Josh, learn your people Ti/ommy.
Last TANG I thought he said he actually lives in WA. But we needed another OR player for the crew battle and we sealed the secret away... but it seems we did not hide it well enough if it has come back to haunt us... yes, we cheated... we used........ WASHINGTON SMASHERS :cry:

PS: I'm actually NorCal ;)

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Ok so who do I have to car pool with to come now that I have a job I have money to put in. (HEAR THAT MONEY) you greedy people so who am I geting a ride with can anyone let me car pool

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
A ride to where? I'm going to guess TANG 17, but I don't know if you live between Eugene and Kyle's. If so, we'd have room for you.

spokenking

Smash Rookie
A lot of you so called smashers didnt make it to the event, no tourny!!!!

Oh well, I still love yall in a non gay way.

I got better huh RatKing?

T0MMY

Smash Master
Riot6777 said:
No a ride to OC2 I can get to kyles he live like 3 miles away
We should be able to find you a ride with the caraVAN if you've got gas money & pretzels.

Everyone should take note that I updated the first post... isn't it much nicer looking?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Speaking of carpools... who all wants to go to MLG Anaheim? It's coming up fast and I'd really like to go seeing as I've never gone to an MLG before.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
T0MMY said:
We would have gone to WA if we had a ride. Nobody in Portland was kind enough to swing by Eugene for the low-tier kings >:^(
And it's nice to see Josh post, even though he technically is a WA Smasher...
see you all at TANG... I'm pretty sure I'll have a ride up there, but Shin & Tudios have to work, so I heard... cries.
Ummm if memory serves me right, when I was picking random *** characters at Tang 15 against you and t!mmy, I'm pretty sure that the characters that I "Obviously" play, owned your low tiers... like.... I dunno it could have been me dreaming or something. . . but I coulda swore I was kicking your low tiers' ***** with my own low tiers.

Hmmmm....................

Dawg

Smash Apprentice
wow, NintendoKing comes into and Oregon topic to bites tommys head off about a post that wasnt even serious, much less directed at him

I guess you got him good NK

T0MMY

Smash Master
NintendoKing said:
Ummm if memory serves me right, when I was picking random *** characters at Tang 15 against you and t!mmy, I'm pretty sure that the characters that I "Obviously" play, owned your low tiers... like.... I dunno it could have been me dreaming or something. . . but I coulda swore I was kicking your low tiers' ***** with my own low tiers.
The only thing I remember is that you found a nasty chain-grab on Pichu with Mario, and I still beat you.
I was the one that took you out of the tournement, remember? :chuckle:

I don't know about t!mmy, but the only match I watched between his Kirby and you was when he 4-stocked your Captain Falcon with the Death to Captain Falcon Maneuver.

Maybe you were dreaming? I don't even know what low-tiers you play.
Okay, so now we gotta do a big low-tier tourney for next time you're up at TANG. Defending Pichu's honor! If you win you can rightfully say you beat Pichu in a fair match... :laugh:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Who's up for a carpool to MLG Anaheim? We have 4 seats available. Kyle, Tyler? Jesse, James? The more the merrier.

Edit: Tourney & Events page has been updated.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Well, I don't think Shin or Tudios can make it, so far it's just three people in an 8 seater. I think we'd be good to go if we just got two more people signed up. Also, I don't know what we'd do about a place to sleep. If it's an all-night event maybe they wouldn't mind us sleeping next to a TV? Heh.

Perhaps we should make a post in the Skypal thread or ask if anyone in NorCal wants to hitch a ride with us.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
I would be willing to go, but you cant go like *******.

T0MMY said:
Also, I don't know what we'd do about a place to sleep. If it's an all-night event maybe they wouldn't mind us sleeping next to a TV? Heh.
Example: We find housing with a fellow smasher, more then likely DSF, if he can't do it... well thats balls cause the hotel, even splitting it is kinda an extra expense. I already had plans to ride the bus and stay with him, but no one knew I was going. I would prefer to carpool down with you guys though seeing as it is cheaper. This means we want to arrive friday, the day before the start of the tournament. Saturday is amatures, sunday is pros.

This means that you wanna plan on leaving monday in the event that people make it into pros. So leave on Thursday if you plan to stop for a night. If you don't then friday eaaaaaaaarly morning, but thatd suck to arrive and not get to play any friendlies in a decent condition, so i would say thursday splitting into 2 days, or thursday STRAIGHT SHOT and then ALL day friday to smash.

pros also goes until 10+pm sunday. In the end you are looking at a thursday - monday 5 day trip if you are going to do it realistically.

Also, how much is the gas cost going to be per person about do you think?

T0MMY said:
Perhaps we should make a post in the Skypal thread or ask if anyone in NorCal wants to hitch a ride with us.
I already asked SKYPALians and none of them want to come or can come. Blair is going to hawaii, chris doesnt want to. Link cant/doesnt want to. Josh can't, Jon and Jeremy... Well not much to say there :laugh: ... etc.....

Top Bottom