• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Ornes...

Belgrim

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone else crap their pants when they hear that music?! Oh god and then you're trying to find out where the orne is so you know where to run and ooh it's like you're playing a scary game and find the jumpscare

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
This reminds me of a time I played smash run with the sound off. I had max run speed and was just running around when I ran straight into one of these guys without even knowing he was there. Lesson learned.

Noga

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4768-7800-6903
This reminds me of a time I played smash run with the sound off. I had max run speed and was just running around when I ran straight into one of these guys without even knowing he was there. Lesson learned.
Yeah that also happened to me as well, looks like Nintendo didn't cosidered that fact when they put Ornes in smash run.

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
I played KI:U, so it makes me crap even faster...

jaketheknight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaketheknight
3DS FC
4854-6438-8016
I hate running into them in Smash Run, but the survival challenge door with Orne is actually kind of fun.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
As soon as I hear that eerie tune, I look in all direction to see where that Orne is coming from and once I found it, I just make a run for it as far as I can ignoring any other enemies I run into.

They're not as bad as they were in Kid Icarus: Uprising, where I would piss my pants off every time I bump into one and then die instantly.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
They're actually pretty easy to exploit. Once you hear them just run away until the music stops. That's it, they're gone. Most of the enemies you leave behind will stay too.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
They're actually pretty easy to exploit. Once you hear them just run away until the music stops. That's it, they're gone. Most of the enemies you leave behind will stay too.
Even so, it is still scary in a sense. You pretty much have to stop what you're doing or else you will die instantly. This even happens when fighting bosses too sadly (and there are chances where they won't stay too especially if it's one of those events where you have to defeat a boss in a certain time limit). It may be easy, but it still forces you to go away and that already ruins your flow. Not mention people who turn sounds off are done for.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Even so, it is still scary in a sense. You pretty much have to stop what you're doing or else you will die instantly. This even happens when fighting bosses too sadly (and there are chances where they won't stay too especially if it's one of those events where you have to defeat a boss in a certain time limit). It may be easy, but it still forces you to go away and that already ruins your flow. Not mention people who turn sounds off are done for.
I'm just saying they're not the run-ending monstrosities people think they are. At most you'll lose a boss.

Gold Zero

Smash Rookie
NNID
OrezDlog
3DS FC
4441-8406-8476
First Time Smash Run:

"Oh hey, a door spawned next to me as soon as the game loaded. I wonder what's inside."

:Orne music:

:c

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace
My Smash Run tip is this: Always have "Brief Invincibility" as one of your powers! It's easily one of the best uses of power space for many reasons, but, since we're talking about Ornes, I'll start there.

If you encounter an Orne, you can use Brief Invincibility, and it can't kill you while that's on (however, don't stand around dancing or taunting inside the Orne, as the invincibility is brief). Having this protection available means you don't have to abandon a valuable scene right away if Orne music starts playing.

Tip: Use the skill when the Orne is close enough to touch you, or if you plan on going to a spot where the Orne could touch you.

The skill makes the Normal Survival challenge mostly about hunting the souflees, while prudently paying attention to the Orne's position.

One final note: If Orne music starts, and you move and the music stops, the Orne has vanished into the ether. So you only ever need to retreat enough to make the music stop.

Hope this helps you guys with the ornery Ornes!

Astellius

Riuvee

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiuAuraeon
3DS FC
4296-3444-5420
They're easy to avoid, unless you're cornered or being stalled by enemy attacks...or being launched right into one...! What I was going to say was already said, just backtrack when ya hear the music until it ends. (Though, I never returned, cause I thought it would reappear... Now I know.)

The closet escape I had with an Orne was when I Karate Chopped it by accident and lived as Luigi. Dunno HOW I didn't get KO'd, but I'll take it. I literally cheated Death, it seems...

jayelldee02

Smash Rookie
I found out during Normal Survival challenge that the Orne is more aggressive when the skulls are coming out of its mouth. I don't know if this is common knowledge for people but I haven't played Kid Icarus: Uprising before. . . I do plan on getting it though! It looks fun. I don't care if I am three years late. :D

Astellius

Smash Ace
Ornes, if they face your direction for a little bit, will grow the snakes out of the mouths and chase you down much more quickly for a little bit. Here's a hint for the normal survival challenge: Continuously alternate which side you are on in the stage. This prevents it from focusing in your direction for the time it takes to activate snake mode, as it's constantly looking in a different direction. (And I mean switch by going from one end of the stage to the other). It has to turn its head to follow you. It has to look at you for a little bit to activate the snake mode. You can also go up the stage, and that does it too. Basically, move around and don't let it look at you too long, and you shouldn't get the snake crap. If you don't care about the souflees, you could just keep the orne in place if it is in the middle of the stage, just by running back and forth on the bottom. It doesn't go anywhere if it has to go through the "I'ma face the opposite direction now" animation, and you can keep it pretty much in place by doing that.

misterOWAIN33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MR_FA1L
3DS FC
2294-5361-2433
To avoid crapping my pants, I usually just quit Smash Run once I hear that music.
One time, I was in the bottom-left corner of the map (it wasn't a screen-lock). I heard the music, so I jumped into the barrel cannon as quick as possible.
The music went away, so I relaxed for a bit. I started beating on one of the enemies, when, out of nowhere, the music started again and the Orne was flying at me
at wtf km/h
Never.
Again.

Last edited:

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
First time playing Smash Run:

Me: Hey, a new mode! This should be fun!
*2 minutes pass*
Me: Hey, a Polar Bear! He should give me a lot of stat boosts! *Fights Polar Bear for a while; suddenly music stops*
*Do-do-do-do-doo-doo-doooooo, do-do-do-do-doo-doo-doooooo...*
Me: ...What's happening?
*Orne appears*
Me: OH JESUS CHRIST F*** THIS NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE *Runs like hell with Yakety Sax accompaniment*

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Oh, goddammit, Ornes... I am not an easily scared person. Other than roaches and rats, I'm not really scared of anything. But those flaming purple skulls and that creepy 8-bit music, **** that. Every time I see (or hear) one, panic immediately cuts my skill in half.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Oh golly, the bane of my public transportation playthroughs!

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
*Playing Smash Run, about 1 Minute left*
[DODO DO DO DOOOOO DO DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO]
"OH CRAP"
"RUN"
"RUNRUNRUNRUN"
*Redead out of nowhere stuns me, Orne kills me*
"DANGIT"
*Respawns above area with Treasure Trove*
"NO"
"WHY"
"I JUST RESPAWNED"
*Cornered, Orne kills me*
*Respawns in the tower, 30 seconds left and climbing ensues*
*Atop the tower on up-right side of the map, trapped in Enemy Lockdown*
"****"
And from that day forward any time a bunch of Ornes were put together in one place it was called HELL!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
*Playing Smash Run, about 1 Minute left*
"OH CRAP"
"RUN"
"RUNRUNRUNRUN"
*Redead out of nowhere stuns me, Orne kills me*
"DANGIT"
*Respawns above area with Treasure Trove*
"NO"
"WHY"
"I JUST RESPAWNED"
*Cornered, Orne kills me*
*Respawns in the tower, 30 seconds left and climbing ensues*
*Atop the tower on up-right side of the map, trapped in Enemy Lockdown*
"****"
And from that day forward any time a bunch of Ornes were put together in one place it was called HELL!
Sakurai: Oh? Your Speed stat is maxed out? Let's fix that.
*DOO DO DO DO DOO DOO DOOOOOOO*

Top Bottom